Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 14th 20, 07:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Subject: Weird Story: Thunder clap destroys Toshiba Laptop poweradapter that was "half" connected ?!

Hi,

Problem solved,

I bend back the outside pin so it doesn't short-circuit the center or back pin or whatever it was short-circuiting ! ;)

It's a bit crooked now but it's...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 13th 20, 04:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4

On Wednesday, August 12, 2020 at 9:47:06 AM UTC+2, Paul wrote:
wrote:

8. So I plug back the power adapter into the laptop, this
was basically the only...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 12th 20, 06:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4

Holy mother ****ing **** of holy god, do I have a weird story for you:

1. So I was gaming/playing world of warships ranked, the laptop shuts down again for the third time.

(Probably cause overheat,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 6th 20, 12:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
HAPPY NEWS: Toshiba laptop L670 1JQ core i5 M480 2.67 GHz DIED ?!PROBABLY FROM OVERHEAT.

THE LAPTOP HAS COME BACK TO LIFE.

It functioned well yesterday during gaming.

There was some kind of brief power drop.

Not sure what caused, perhaps overheat protection.

Could als be a short dip...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 5th 20, 06:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
HAPPY NEWS: Toshiba laptop L670 1JQ core i5 M480 2.67 GHz DIED ?!PROBABLY FROM OVERHEAT.

TOSHIBA/INTEL/AMD LAPTOPS WITH RADEON GRAPHICS.

!!! WHAT A JUNK !!!

I've been gaming on it for a couple of months at it already died at 27 ****ing degrees celcius AMBIENT ! LOL.

WHAT A ****ING...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 4th 20, 01:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Toshiba laptop L670 1JQ core i5 M480 2.67 GHz locked at 1.4 GHzboth cores ?!?

Confirmed by me.

Bug is with CPUID HWMonitor software.

It is reporting the CPU frequency/clock rate wrongly.

I investigated this with other software and my own threadtester, which shows the laptop...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 2nd 20, 02:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Toshiba laptop L670 1JQ core i5 M480 2.67 GHz locked at 1.4 GHzboth cores ?!?

It could be that this is a bug in CPUID HWMonitor Tool.

It reports 1.4 GHz

While throttle stop seems to report 2580 MHz.

It also reports

20x133 MHz
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 2nd 20, 02:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Toshiba laptop L670 1JQ core i5 M480 2.67 GHz locked at 1.4 GHzboth cores ?!?

Check for crap software.

Not much left running. I am starting to worry that maybe this laptop needs special toshiba drivers. I already downloaded them on my PC some time ago, from the looks of it...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 2nd 20, 01:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Toshiba laptop L670 1JQ core i5 M480 2.67 GHz locked at 1.4 GHz bothcores ?!?

This toshiba laptop which I got from my mother:

Toshiba laptop L670 1JQ core i5 M480 2.67 GHz

WILL NOT GO ANY FASTER THEN 1.4 GHz both cores ?! WTF ?!

Hyper threading is on, there are 4 CPU...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 15th 20, 12:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Why windows 7 home premium edition needs run as admin for opengl 3.0 ?

I notice some app or game launch failures for delphi exe which uses opengl 3.0 ?!

It may be related to not running as admin.

When run as admin it suddenly works ?!

Why would opengl 3.0 require...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 11th 20, 11:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
World of Warships, Ranked Season 16 Map Position Advise.

I have created one more video explaining what to do best do giving certain team setups:

https://youtu.be/BGi2dZmTGA0

Basically there are three variations:

A. 3 Battleships + 2 Cruisers + 2...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 11th 20, 01:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
World of Warships, Ranked Season 16 Map Position Advise.

Hi,

In this video, I, Skybuck, give you advise where to position your ships/destroyer, cruiser, battleship.

I make this video for less skilled/experienced players so they can have fun too and...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 2nd 20, 07:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Top 3 nerfs I recommend for World of Warships.

Oh I forgot to write one more thing the radar ranges for cruiser t8,t9,t10 ships.

I would probably recommend 10 km for moskva, 9 km for donskoi, 8 km for chapayev.

This makes it somewhat easier to...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 2nd 20, 07:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Top 3 nerfs I recommend for World of Warships.

1. Angle at which SAP shells of venetia/italian cruiser line do damage.
2. Radar ranges of Chapayev and Donskoi, maybe moskva too.
3. Manual fire mode to lob shells over islands without...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 17th 20, 08:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
WOWS: Ranked Season 15 sold most of my ships...

My final conclusion about this whore game from russia can only be the following:

Their premium/paying players/customers are pitched against weaker teams.

The premium players already benefit...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 17th 20, 08:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
WOWS: Ranked Season 15 sold most of my ships...

This time I am almost quiting this game for real.

The frustration is insane with the player skill.

It's the same **** every ****ing time.

Every ****ing game where there are 4 or 5 destroyers on...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 5th 20, 08:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Skybuck Flying's Corona Game !

Good news: Problem solved by removing critical sections.

Bad news: I didn't find the core of the problem, it is probably critical section related somehow, console wouldn't come up, so writelns...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 4th 20, 03:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Skybuck Flying's Corona Game !

Strangely enough version 0.07 hangs on startup on toshiba laptop.

Itried remote debugging it but then the issue goes away.

As far as I know the application/game only uses on thread, however opengl...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 26th 20, 10:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Avast Defraggler reads cookies during install.

On Sunday, February 23, 2020 at 9:14:36 PM UTC+1, Paul wrote:
wrote:
This tool can be used to see frags per file:

Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 26th 20, 10:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Avast Defraggler reads cookies during install.

jkdefrag can tell you how many fragments the pagefile has.

How would jkdefrag do that ? When I look at the images on google images it seems to have a green gui only ?

How does jkdefrag actually...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 23rd 20, 08:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Avast Defraggler reads cookies during install.

Also booting laptop with HDMI plugged into to receiver for audio is not without risk.

The boot screen/boot process can not be seen, so this was another annoying failure cause by weird design.

Not...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 23rd 20, 08:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Avast Defraggler reads cookies during install.

Unfortunately it's not possible to inspect the pagefile.sys for file fragments, at least not in an easy way:

1. Tried disabing page file and booting to safe mode with ms prompt, this simply deletes...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 23rd 20, 07:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Avast Defraggler reads cookies during install.

Another nice tool is fragger:

https://www.passmark.com/products/fragger/

This allows to analyze, fragment and defragment individual files.

Very interesting. It comes with a GUI so it's a bit...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 23rd 20, 07:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Avast Defraggler reads cookies during install.

This tool can be used to see frags per file:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/contig

With the -a option ;)

Unfortunately it cannot show information for files that are in use...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 23rd 20, 06:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Avast Defraggler reads cookies during install.

I was looking for a tool to tell how many fragments the page file is, maybe to make a youtube tutorial video.

PageDefrag from sysinternals dont work on windows 7.

I tried defraggler from avast...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500