Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Adrian Caspersz
Forum: General February 11th 21, 03:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By Adrian Caspersz
HDMI vs USB

On 11/02/2021 14:38, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On 11/02/2021 13:58, wrote:

Intel NUC (and clones) is a good idea, or these small $80 things (with a
cheap displayport to HDMI...
Forum: General February 11th 21, 03:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By Adrian Caspersz
HDMI vs USB

On 11/02/2021 13:58, wrote:

If the LG's Smart features are so bad{*}, why not invest $100 in a small
networked PC, and leave it plugged in? There are some very small
Forum: General February 11th 21, 01:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By Adrian Caspersz
HDMI vs USB

On 09/02/2021 15:46, wrote:
For a variety of reasons, the Smart TV features on my 43 inch LG
are a royal PITA - I've been using my laptop and connecting to the
TV...
Forum: General September 8th 20, 08:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 20
Posted By Adrian Caspersz
Guiding a 14 year old nephew on building his own computer

On 27/08/2020 05:37, s wrote:

My nephew is 14 and living in another state who wants to build his own
computer.

I sent following YouTube videos for him to watch and learn how to do...
Forum: General June 16th 20, 10:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Adrian Caspersz
How to choose hardware for C# (Windows desktop) developer?

On 13/06/2020 17:35, Paul wrote:
Egor wrote:
Softwa
1. Visual Studio.
2. Windows 10.
Main answer in subject.

Desktop Hardware to support multiple monitor screens.

UPS.
Forum: General February 18th 20, 01:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By Adrian Caspersz
Use ExpressCard/54 slot to expand RAM on netbook?

On 05/02/2020 23:36, wrote:
Hi all.

Perhaps this is not feasible, but I'd still like to know.
So here goes...

I bought a handy HP 2140 netbook.
Its only drawback...
Forum: General July 15th 18, 10:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By Adrian Caspersz
Need MOBO wiring intructions

On 13/07/18 01:21, Paul wrote:

Generally +5V and GND pins are separated by enough,
to prevent easy shorting by bending pins. There is a
modicum of safety in the header. Electrically, the
Forum: General April 1st 18, 01:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By Adrian Caspersz
Q: 3rd monitor on docking staton?

On 01/04/18 00:25, x13 wrote:
Paul: WOW !!

I thought somebody might reply, but you gave me a whole moderlode of info!
Thanks a lot!!

I sort of knew splitting a dual-link DVI into 2x...
Forum: General June 11th 17, 09:38 PM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.home-networking,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By Adrian Caspersz
Networx Connectix Switch (solved)

On 11/06/17 15:35, Paul wrote:

They connect a laptop to a LAN port, to configure this one. PDF page 23.

ftp://ftp.dlink.ca/PRODUCTS/DGS-1210-10/DGS-1210_SERIES_REVC_MANUAL_4.70_WW.pdf
Forum: General June 10th 17, 06:25 PM Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.home-networking,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By Adrian Caspersz
Networx Connectix Switch

Hi folks,

A long shot if anyone has come across these? Must be popular commercially.

I've picked up a 24 port Gigabit switch, something called a "24+2G-Port
Web-SMART Gigabit Ethernet Switch"...
Forum: General March 17th 17, 01:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Adrian Caspersz
Too funny

On 14/03/17 17:02, philo wrote:
A friend called me and told me his wireless mouse was not working.

First thing I did was ask him if he changed the battery. He said he was
sure the battery was...
Forum: General February 16th 17, 06:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Adrian Caspersz
vga to displayport adapter

On 16/02/17 04:19, micky wrote:
I have use of a v. nice Mac monitor with a display port connection. To
use with my pc laptop.

So went looking for a vga to displayport adapter and google...
Forum: General December 26th 16, 12:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By Adrian Caspersz
Chromecast Question - dang!

On 25/12/16 13:30, wrote:
I am really disappointed. I am becoming convinced that this Android
5.1.1 cannot cast to a TV what I show on my tablet screen. IE
'screencast'. ...
Forum: General September 28th 16, 09:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By Adrian Caspersz
Want to disassemble Toshiba Satellite L305 5919

On 28/09/16 20:15, wrote:
I was given this dead Toshiba Satellite L305 5919 laptop. I was told
the prior owner probably ruined the mobo by trying to short out the
pins to bypass...
Forum: General March 16th 16, 12:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Adrian Caspersz
Time for a new HD

On 15/03/16 18:31, Yrrah wrote:

My experience with Samsung hard drives was very positive, at least
until recently. But now, with its HD business taken over by Seagate
(which in my experience...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15