Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.39 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: msg
Forum: Storage & Hardrives March 26th 09, 03:27 PM Posted to comp.periphs.scsi,comp.arch.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By msg
Exabyte AME tape recognition holes

msg wrote:

Greetings,

I don't have any Exabyte AME tapes so I can't see for myself. Would
someone please post a description of the recognition holes and write
protect state holes on the...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives March 23rd 09, 06:08 PM Posted to comp.periphs.scsi,comp.arch.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By msg
Exabyte AME tape recognition holes

Greetings,

I don't have any Exabyte AME tapes so I can't see for myself. Would someone
please post a description of the recognition holes and write protect state holes
on the underside of the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 13th 09, 07:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 115
Posted By msg
Adding missing SATA connectors to motherboard

krw wrote:

On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 23:07:02 -0500, kony wrote:

Come to think of it, there was very little that had more
than 2 layers before '80, so if that is where your...
Forum: General December 8th 08, 08:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 9
Posted By msg
Soldering onto ribbon connector

Jim Bogard wrote:

Generally connectivity to those is provided by a PCB-resident connector-
here's an example:

Forum: Gateway Computers March 30th 08, 06:24 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 42
Posted By msg
polarity of power cord - gateway fpd1520

Arfa Daily wrote:

snip

JHC !!! Do you not understand the word "modern" ? Do you not understand the
phrase "... deals with monitors of all types on a daily basis" ? I repair
this stuff...
Forum: Compaq Servers January 31st 08, 10:53 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 3
Posted By msg
PS Pinout, HP/Compaq Proliant DL320S?

Jez T wrote:

wrote in message

Does anyone happen to have the pinout (really, more of an...
Forum: Compaq Computers January 7th 08, 03:21 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 5
Posted By msg
Compaq Presario 5834 Restore Disk files needed!

wrote:

Unfortunatally neither the Hp website has the files I need, nor the
Compaq site works/opens. Any other ideas?

What doesn't work about the site? If you want to access the site...
Forum: Compaq Servers January 7th 08, 03:21 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

wrote:

Unfortunatally neither the Hp website has the files I need, nor the
Compaq site works/opens. Any other ideas?

What doesn't work about the site? If you want to access the site...
Forum: Compaq Computers January 6th 08, 11:39 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 5
Posted By msg
Compaq Presario 5834 Restore Disk files needed!

wrote:
I need some of the files on the restore disks for the 5834, my disks
are scratched, does anyone know how I might be able to get them?
Compaq no longer has them or provides...
Forum: Compaq Servers January 6th 08, 11:39 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

wrote:
I need some of the files on the restore disks for the 5834, my disks
are scratched, does anyone know how I might be able to get them?
Compaq no longer has them or provides...
Forum: Compaq Servers January 3rd 08, 05:41 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 5
Posted By msg
Anyone have a DL360 G2 to sell real cheap?

Phil wrote:

Michael,
Hope you like talking to a brick wall, this board is "dead", at least so it
seems. I check it every now and then but all I see anymore is spam.
Phil

Whatever...
Forum: Compaq Servers January 2nd 08, 08:26 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 5
Posted By msg
Anyone have a DL360 G2 to sell real cheap?

Greetings:

I would like to find a DL360 G2 (or newer) cheap with reasonable
shipping costs (unlike on eBay); it need not have an HD or
much RAM but should have a CPU (and embedded 1000BaseT). A...
Forum: Compaq Servers January 2nd 08, 08:17 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 1
Posted By msg
Nut Cracker You OK?

Phil wrote:

LG,
Not heard much from you lately, all ok ?
Phil

No reply; anyone heard from him?
Forum: Printers December 25th 07, 09:09 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 27
Posted By msg
Unclogging stubborn Epson CX5200 printhead

James Sweet wrote:

snip

After fighting with color inkjets for years and throwing away hundreds of
dollars on cartridges that only gave me a few pages before clogging up
across numerous...
Forum: Compaq Servers November 19th 07, 09:23 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 1
Posted By msg
Getting a DL380 G1 image

wrote:

I currently have a DL380 G1 that is running netware 5.1 and GroupWise
7.0.2 ...

snip

How do I get an image of this system when it is not running Windows?

Forum: Compaq Servers October 4th 07, 09:14 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 11
Posted By msg
Problem installing NT 4 Server on DL380 G2

Jez T wrote:

Make sure your system partition is less than 8 Mb. Old trick (very old)

^

Forum: Compaq Servers August 10th 07, 06:49 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 12
Posted By msg
OT Interesting Note

NuT CrAcKeR wrote:

as an interesting aside, the engineers we have been getting from EMC for
our SAN projects, have until very very recently been given laptops that
have 2000 pro for thier...
Forum: Compaq Computers August 10th 07, 06:49 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 8
Posted By msg
OT Interesting Note

NuT CrAcKeR wrote:

as an interesting aside, the engineers we have been getting from EMC for
our SAN projects, have until very very recently been given laptops that
have 2000 pro for thier...
Forum: Acer Computers August 10th 07, 06:49 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 8
Posted By msg
OT Interesting Note

NuT CrAcKeR wrote:

as an interesting aside, the engineers we have been getting from EMC for
our SAN projects, have until very very recently been given laptops that
have 2000 pro for thier...
Forum: Compaq Servers July 10th 07, 01:07 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 3
Posted By msg
Slightly OT question about network setup..

Rick F wrote:

snip

Anyway, I'd like to move to a fully configurable
router/firewall setup over what I'm using now (an Apple Airport
Extreme) and am pondering my options.

snip
Forum: Compaq Servers June 9th 07, 03:05 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 4
Posted By msg
powers itself on, all by itself

Phil wrote:

It would be helpful to post to this NG the names of any kernel modules
(either compiled-in or dynamically loaded) and any daemons responsible
for this condition, and also to...
Forum: Compaq Servers June 8th 07, 02:53 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 4
Posted By msg
powers itself on, all by itself

Phil wrote:

snip

I now have 100% remote control of starting, rebooting, shutting down of
linux os and the server and full AC line power on / off. This allows total
control or automation...
Forum: Compaq Servers April 23rd 07, 11:45 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 9
Posted By msg
Question about redundant power supplies

Jez T wrote:

The power consumption of a server remains the same whether on 1 or 2 power
supplies.

How so? Each power supply includes circuitry for its control and monitoring,
fans, and other...
Forum: Compaq Servers April 1st 07, 03:44 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,comp.sys.hp.hardware
Replies: 33
Posted By msg
HP Netserver LH 6000R

Jez T wrote:

Quick Google for "Folkert Rienstra" was sure to bring up some cheap laughs.

Third International Conference on Software Quality
Winning in the `90's --...
Forum: Compaq Servers March 30th 07, 05:07 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.periphs.scsi
Replies: 33
Posted By msg
HP Netserver LH 6000R

Nut Cracker wrote: