Showing results 1 to 25 of 39
Search took 1.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Kenny
Forum: General May 9th 17, 09:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Kenny
The emergency I need help with

"philo" wrote in message ...

I was given a 5Tb external drive that cause the machine to lock up.
The woman who brought it to me is running Win10

Normally I remove...
Forum: General April 13th 17, 12:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Kenny
Switch display?

"Paul" wrote in message ...

VanguardLH wrote:
Paul wrote:

Kenny wrote:
Been given a Samsung N150 netbook with broken screen and HDD...
Forum: General April 11th 17, 09:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Kenny
Switch display?

Been given a Samsung N150 netbook with broken screen and HDD removed.
Attached HDD from Win 10 laptop, it appears to boot OK and I can just about
see the clock in System Tray. Attached monitor to...
Forum: General February 13th 17, 08:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By Kenny
hp elite kbd, keys not working

"Mike S" wrote in message ...

I bought an HP elite v2 kbd because it has such great action, it's the
fastest kbd I've ever used. After about a year the End key...
Forum: General February 2nd 17, 12:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Kenny
Used motherboard?

HP DM1-4004SA freezing etc. then eventually wouldn't boot at all. Signs of
CPU overheating or m/b failure, CPU fan clean and running. Seems to be a
common fault with these!
Not much in the way of...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 30th 15, 11:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 7
Posted By Kenny
(Repaired) Toshiba Laptop Satellite L670 performing poorly (No HD Speed Information ?!? Weird IBM stuff)

Can't comment on the rest of the stuff but I can tell you that my bank
strongly recommended I install Rapport Service, it makes online banking more
secure, look...
Forum: General September 30th 15, 11:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 7
Posted By Kenny
(Repaired) Toshiba Laptop Satellite L670 performing poorly (No HD Speed Information ?!? Weird IBM stuff)

Can't comment on the rest of the stuff but I can tell you that my bank
strongly recommended I install Rapport Service, it makes online banking more
secure, look...
Forum: General October 18th 10, 09:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Kenny
Fibre optic?

Thanks for the replies, the fibre optic isn't commissioned yet. At present
I'm on "up to 8 Mb" and am actually getting around 5 Mb/s so it should be an
improvement anyway.

Kenny

"Paul"...
Forum: General October 18th 10, 06:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Kenny
Fibre optic?

BT have put a box at the end of my street which will have fibre optic cables
coming into it but their engineer tells me that the individual houses will
retain their existing copper telephone...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards April 8th 07, 03:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 6
Posted By Kenny
Won't come out of standby?

I reinstalled virtually all my drivers, chipset, video card, even printer,
scanner, soundcard etc. using the latest available.
It has fixed the problem and standby now works as it should.
It was...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards March 21st 07, 10:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 6
Posted By Kenny
Won't come out of standby?

Thanks for the suggestion, will give it a try.
What appears to be happening is that the video card is not "waking up" from
Standby.
Am I correct in saying that in Standby current display settings...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards March 21st 07, 05:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 6
Posted By Kenny
Won't come out of standby?

Posted this problem some time ago in another group but it was never
resolved, trying again here.
PC appears to be coming out of Standby, there's HDD activity and the green
On LED is lit but nothing...
Forum: General January 20th 07, 11:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Kenny
BIOS TROBLE

Change the m/b battery.

--
Kenny Cargill
"gonu" wrote in message
WHEN I START MY COMPUTER I SHOW BAD...
Forum: General January 9th 07, 11:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By Kenny
Memory Upgrade

Crucial memory advisor.
http://www.crucial.com/

--
Kenny Cargill
"Andy/Bandi" wrote in message
To All Cognoscenti, Greetings!

My...
Forum: General January 5th 07, 07:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By Kenny
External USB Hard Drive Problems

How is it jumpered? HDD's in an external enclosure should always be Master
regardless of what any other drives are.

--
Kenny Cargill
wrote in message...
Forum: General December 5th 06, 09:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By Kenny
Sending audio from laptop to stereo receiver

A video sender can be used for audio only, here's one:
http://www.letsautomate.com/10773.cfm

--
Kenny Cargill

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message...
Forum: General December 5th 06, 09:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Kenny
CDRW

Depends on the brand as well.
I bought a batch of Memorex CDRW's and after a few writes they became
permanently fixed, ie: the data already on them could still be read but they
couldn't be erased...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 12th 06, 05:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Kenny
Backplates?

Friend bought 2 Asus m/b's on E-bay but they came without backplates, can
these be bought anywhere, particularly in UK?
Seller was no help.

--
Kenny Cargill
Forum: General November 10th 06, 11:05 AM Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware

Probably most of you have heard of the Sony battery recall, here'a a video
of a staged demo.
http://pcpitstop.com/pcsafety/video.asp

--
Kenny Cargill
Forum: General October 21st 06, 05:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

Have seen this twice now, once it was the CMOS battery, the other time
faulty RAM.

--
Kenny Cargill
"Joe" wrote in message
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 20th 06, 06:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 7
Posted By Kenny
Asus A7N8X Deluxe

I ahve Athlon XP 2500 running on this board, same one I'm having difficulty
figuring out front panel connectors, see post below this.
You may have to flash the BIOS and make sure you have the most...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 20th 06, 03:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By Kenny
A7N8X front panel audio confusion?

M/B header shows:

MIC2 . . AGND
MICPWR . . +5V
Line out R . . BLINE_OUT_R jumpered together
NC .
Line out L . . BLINE_OUT_L jumpered together

Front panel connectors a
Forum: General October 15th 06, 03:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Kenny
Old motherboard identification

Try Belarc.

Kenny Cargill
"snydley" wrote in message
I've resurrected...
Forum: General October 14th 06, 08:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By Kenny
S-Video input

Depends on the card, check the specifications of it.

--
Kenny Cargill
wrote in message

Kenny wrote:
It's a...
Forum: General October 14th 06, 05:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By Kenny
USB print server and scanner?

Have ordered a 1 port USB print server so that I can print from wireless
enabled laptop without switching on main PC.
Question is can I also scan from laptop if scanner is connected to it
assuming...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 39