Showing results 1 to 25 of 40
Search took 0.27 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jeff Gaines
Forum: Printers October 8th 18, 08:45 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 9
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Good Quality Paper

On 08/10/2018 in message Eli the Bearded wrote:

Myself, I'd go to Kelly Paper, but it appears that it is a predominantly
west coast US chain.

My Filofax was made in...
Forum: Printers October 7th 18, 09:22 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 9
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Good Quality Paper

On 07/10/2018 in message Keith Nuttle wrote:

Do you have Staples or Office Depot in the UK?

We have Staples, Office Depot is online only. Nearest Staples is about an...
Forum: Printers October 7th 18, 08:00 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 9
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Good Quality Paper

On 07/10/2018 in message Keith Nuttle wrote:

If you to to an office supply store like Staples, Office Depot, etc. check
them

Oh my goodness, you mean physically go...
Forum: Printers October 7th 18, 01:18 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 9
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Good Quality Paper

I want to print some inserts for my Filofax and the normal copying paper I
have is a bit coarse. Normal Filofax paper seems to be around 75 GSM and
has a slightly silky (not quite shiny)...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 10th 15, 09:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Can you boot from a USB CD-ROM reader? I don't think so

On 10/12/2015 in message
RayLopez99 wrote:

Using a modern OS and BIOS (say three years old), do you think it's
possible to boot from a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 22nd 15, 08:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 34
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Anybody do a clean install of Windows 10 yet?

On 22/08/2015 in message GlowingBlueMist wrote:

I agree, it works just fine provided one has successfully done a Windows
10 upgrade on the machine at least once.

How...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 17th 15, 10:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Foxconn motherboard bios updated today ! ;) (MB: NF4SK8AA-8KRS) (BIOS: 538W1P32.BIN)

On 17/08/2015 in message Steve Hough
wrote:

It happens that Skybuck Flying formulated :

Drivel snipped.

P.S.: Wow lol must make sure to throw away the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 10th 14, 08:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 25
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Samsung SSD software

On 09/04/2014 in message
Jaimie Vandenbergh wrote:

Meh. If the firmware on Intel SSDs were so **** it needed a hand from
an external program, they...
Forum: General October 18th 09, 07:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 82
Posted By Jeff Gaines
What after XP?

On 18/10/2009 in message
XP-dinaosur wrote:

Someone said Win7 is officially released later this week. Everyone
seems to talk of Win7 as if...
Forum: General October 18th 09, 07:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 82
Posted By Jeff Gaines
What after XP?

On 18/10/2009 in message
XP-dinosaur wrote:

PC ads seemed to suggest Win7 was an established option. If Win7
isn't officially announced then I...
Forum: General October 18th 09, 03:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 82
Posted By Jeff Gaines
What after XP?

On 18/10/2009 in message
XP-dinosaur wrote:

I'm a home user on XP Pro. I need to work out what OS to specify on
a prebuilt machine (one for me...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 15th 09, 01:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Want some help to choose a monitor

On 15/10/2009 in message 20091015115736.5447cf1a@bluemoon Rob Morley
wrote:

On 15 Oct 2009 09:52:36 GMT
"Jeff Gaines" wrote:

Echoing what Mark has aid you must...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 15th 09, 10:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Want some help to choose a monitor

On 15/10/2009 in message
Petey wrote:

What sort of must-haves are there in my case?

Echoing what Mark has aid you must run an LCD monitor...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 18th 08, 11:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 12
Posted By Jeff Gaines
AMD Duron 1800 to Core2 E4550 ???

On 18/12/2008 in message Andy wrote:

Do you mean £199? It's £169 + VAT (= £194) plus £29 delivery.
That's £223 fully inclusive.

I did 2 weeks ago when I...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors December 18th 08, 11:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 12
Posted By Jeff Gaines
AMD Duron 1800 to Core2 E4550 ???

On 18/12/2008 in message Andy wrote:

Do you mean £199? It's £169 + VAT (= £194) plus £29 delivery.
That's £223 fully inclusive.

I did 2 weeks ago when I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 2nd 08, 10:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 12
Posted By Jeff Gaines
AMD Duron 1800 to Core2 E4550 ???

On 02/12/2008 in message
Don wrote:

REQUIREMENT:
I use my system for home use with a lot of personal office-like
activity (I'm retired).

I...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors December 2nd 08, 10:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd

Don wrote:

REQUIREMENT:
I use my system for home use with a lot of personal office-like
activity (I'm retired).

I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 11th 08, 05:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Difference between Usenet hardware groups

On 11/10/2008 in message
Dixie UK wrote:

What's the difference bewteen these PC hardware newsgroups:

alt.comp.hardware
Forum: General October 11th 08, 05:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt

Dixie UK wrote:

What's the difference bewteen these PC hardware newsgroups:

alt.comp.hardware
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 18th 08, 05:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Hardware question SATA controller card.

On 18/07/2008 in message
Poster Matt wrote:

I've been looking at the controller cards available at one of my suppliers.

I don't know how good...
Forum: Intel December 16th 06, 05:20 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 6
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Can't see ide drive when added? - final story

On 16/12/2006 in message
***** charles wrote:

The problem
was that the jumpers on the pata drive where set wrong and when I
got them in the...
Forum: Intel December 11th 06, 06:34 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 6
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Core DUO and Pentium D

On 11/12/2006 in message Ronny Mandal wrote:

Gojira wrote:
The Core 2 Duo's are faster,cooler running,and more energy efficient than
the Pentium D's,by a wide...
Forum: Intel December 9th 06, 04:33 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 6
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Can't see ide drive when added?

On 09/12/2006 in message
***** charles wrote:

Hi all,

I have a D865PERL non raid motherboard. I installed XPH
on it just fine on a SATA drive. ...
Forum: Intel November 21st 06, 09:58 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 5
Posted By Jeff Gaines
850GB trouble shooting - please help

On 21/11/2006 in message

wrote:

1. Installed a new PCI based TV Tuner card. Rebooted into XP, SP2.
2. While installing...
Forum: Intel November 19th 06, 10:35 AM Posted to intel.motherboards,comp.sys.intel
Replies: 4
Posted By Jeff Gaines
Intel Extreme onboard integrated graphics: can be used with VGA/PCI board?

On 19/11/2006 in message Intel Guy wrote:

So my experience so far is that given a motherboard with an integrated
Intel Extreme graphics adapter, that adapter can't...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 40