Showing results 1 to 25 of 118
Search took 0.68 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bob M
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 22nd 09, 08:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By Bob M
Circuit City to Liquidate Remaining US Stores "Another one bitesthe dust"

wrote:

Bob M wrote:
A few years ago I purchased a Canon printer from CC that was
defective. I tried to return it 2 days later for an exact replacement (I
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 20th 09, 07:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By Bob M
Circuit City to Liquidate Remaining US Stores "Another one bitesthe dust"

geoff wrote:
I never liked that store or it's clerks.

Amen to that. I wanted to buy a stereo one time and the sales guy showed me
a CD player, demo'd it, etc. After all that, he said the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 19th 09, 06:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By Bob M
10/100 mbps network card recommendation?

On 2009-01-15, Conor wrote:
In article ,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 1st 08, 04:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 40
Posted By Bob M
What is a good antivirus software?

Michael Setter wrote:
Gabriel Knight wrote:

What dose everyone think in terms of is it good to use and if there is
better out there, I dont mind much if it uses a bit of pc...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 1st 08, 05:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment,alt.os.windows-xp
Replies: 18
Posted By Bob M
Did I kill my C drive?

James wrote:
On Oct 1, 5:15 am, "Wog George"
wrote:

Perhaps you could put your bootable drive from the other PC into the
offending PC. I'll assume for...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 13th 08, 06:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Bob M
Home Burned DVD's gives players fits

Dave wrote:

"pheasant" wrote in message
Can someone please recommend a home dvd player that will chew through
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 13th 08, 06:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By Bob M
No boot, no POST, no beeps. Is my motherboard dead?

TVeblen wrote:
"travisbicks" wrote in message
My system:-

Motherboard: (socket 939)
CPU: AMD...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 27th 08, 06:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob M
Mobo button battery question

Gabriel Knight wrote:
Hi all

I have put together a pc from spare parts I got the mobo that someone threw
out so I collected it but the boot up is reverting back to factory defaults
and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 16th 08, 05:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 62
Posted By Bob M
XP Authentication after June 30?

ToolPackinMama wrote:

class_a wrote:

johns wrote:

Watch for someone else .. like the Feds ... to take it
over and support it. Dropping XP is like dropping cars
in favor of jet...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 14th 08, 06:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Bob M
Cooler for Core 2 Duo E8400

SteveH wrote:

Ken wrote:

BigJim said the following on 4/14/2008 12:29 AM:

retail boxed comes with fan and heatsink
OEM you buy fan and heatsink over a hundred at the link...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 11th 08, 07:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By Bob M
Questions about Memory Error -- The use of Memtest

wrote:
On Apr 11, 4:13 am, spodosaurus wrote:

So the only time this error pops up is from within windows?

Actually there's no error...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors April 10th 08, 11:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob M
Best socket A mobo

Lee M. wrote:
I am perfectly happy with the performance of my Epox 8RDA3+ and Athlon 2700+
CPU with WinXP SP2 and 1.2GB RAM. I had an 8RDA+ die due to bad caps and
while my 8RDA3+ runs fine,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 28th 08, 08:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By Bob M
Jelly beans on my screen

xsrossiter wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem that I think has to do with the DDR 128 ATI Radeon
9800 Pro card in my 5 year old system (Dell Dimension 8200, XP Pro
SP2, 1.25 GB RAM).

When...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 26th 08, 05:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By Bob M
How often do you vacuum out your PC and/or CPU heatsink?

DaveW wrote:

You do NOT vacuum out a computer or its parts due to the formation of static
electricity which is deadly to computer components.
The proper procedure is to use a can of...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 27th 08, 07:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob M
Problem with Norton and AOL?

geronimo wrote:
Does anyone know if there is some incompatibility between Norton
antivirus and AOL? My brother-in-laws PC is on AOL dial-up. He uses
some recent version of Norton antivirus. ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 9th 08, 06:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob M
Houston We Have Lift Off!!!

hdtv guy wrote:
On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 07:32:45 GMT, "Bhagat Gurtu"
wrote:

The materialistic consumer and his money are easily parted.

Yes I'm extremely...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 3rd 08, 08:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Bob M
Computer hanging intermittently

Gordon wrote:
I am having another problem with my new homebuilt computer. For
the most part it works very well but yesterday it started hanging
intermittently. The mouse pointer can't be moved...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 28th 08, 09:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Bob M
AM2 5200 to 6400 upgrade?

Fitz wrote:
I really wasn't looking at changing OS. My question was more about
hardware, and whether a 20% increase in clock speed would translate
roughly into a 20% increase in performance...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 27th 08, 07:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Replies: 11
Posted By Bob M
Testing DDR2 RAM Module using Memtest86

pg wrote:
On Jan 26, 10:18 am, spodosaurus wrote:
pg wrote:
There are two types of memtest86 out there that you can use to stress
test your DDR2 RAM...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors January 26th 08, 08:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,misc.invest.stocks
Replies: 18
Posted By Bob M
IBM Takeover of AMD Speculations Arise

mr deo wrote:
Can't see this happening to be honest. If it however does happen it
could lead to interesting times ahead.
Would be nice. If anybody can fix ATI's drivers it's IBM.

Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 26th 08, 08:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,misc.invest.stocks

mr deo wrote:
Can't see this happening to be honest. If it however does happen it
could lead to interesting times ahead.
Would be nice. If anybody can fix ATI's drivers it's IBM.

Forum: Ati Videocards January 26th 08, 08:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,misc.invest.stocks
Replies: 17

mr deo wrote:
Can't see this happening to be honest. If it however does happen it
could lead to interesting times ahead.
Would be nice. If anybody can fix ATI's drivers it's IBM.

Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 22nd 08, 07:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 19
Posted By Bob M
Just, ugh

SteveH wrote:
wrote:
Please do be sure that you have recent copies of any important files
from your hard drive. If not, your priorities change from getting
the...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors January 17th 08, 07:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob M
AMD Phenom Cold Boot Issues

Peter van der Goes wrote:
Please tell me if you think I'm way off here :)
Replaced an AMD 64 X2 4600 and Asus M2N-E motherboard with a Phenom 9500
in an Asus M3A.
The Phenom is great...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 14th 08, 07:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 41
Posted By Bob M
Computer stops right at boot

John Doe wrote:
"jbrandonbb gmail.com" johnmbrandon gmail.com wrote:

On Jan 12, 11:37 pm, John Doe j... usenetlove.invalid wrote:

Google Groups is the spam portal to USENET, and...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 118