Showing results 1 to 25 of 450
Search took 0.33 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mike T.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 6th 07, 04:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 36
Posted By Mike T.
Are Pentium D Processors Worthless?

"Conor" wrote in message
In article ,
Mike T. says...

Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 6th 07, 04:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 36
Posted By Mike T.
Are Pentium D Processors Worthless?

Rubbish. It is nothing to do with the OS. Both XP and Vista support
multicore processors

You can INSTALL them on hardware with multicore processors, and they will
run just fine. That much is...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 6th 07, 04:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 61
Posted By Mike T.
Machine has suddenly slowed to a crawl

B.S.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyone who KNOWS....KNOWS

Norton system Worse Auntyvirus and Porouswall are UTTER PIECES OF
CRAP

another with 10 bananas.....................

Well he may...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 6th 07, 03:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 36
Posted By Mike T.
Are Pentium D Processors Worthless?

wrote in message
I recently completed building my first PC, and it runs great, but I've
been very...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 5th 07, 07:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Mike T.
Computer will not load up

"John Doe" wrote in message
"Bassiswild" wrote:

I had moved and unfortunately I let the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 5th 07, 07:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Mike T.
Computer will not load up

"Bassiswild" wrote in message
I had moved and unfortunately I let the movers move my computer. So I
hook...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 5th 07, 02:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Mike T.
what blueray burner ot buy?

What would be a good blueray burner to buy for backup of my files?
Does anyone have any good / bad experiences they would like to share?
Lars

NONE!!!

Wait until the format...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 5th 07, 02:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 61
Posted By Mike T.
Machine has suddenly slowed to a crawl

Yeah, use System Restore to roll back a couple of weeks and see if that
helps.

I'd hoped to be able to avoid that because I've upgraded several
applications and installed some others in...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 5th 07, 02:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 61
Posted By Mike T.
Machine has suddenly slowed to a crawl

wrote in message
Hi Dave

On 5 Apr, 02:09, "Dave" wrote:

comodo is pretty good. ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 5th 07, 01:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Mike T.
what blueray burner ot buy?

wrote in message
What would be a good blueray burner to buy for backup of my files?
Does anyone have any good /...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 4th 07, 08:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 61
Posted By Mike T.
Machine has suddenly slowed to a crawl

wrote in message
I'm running XP Pro SP2. I have Spybot S&D v1.4, Spyware Blaster v1.3,
and McAfee...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 4th 07, 06:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Mike T.
rebuilding computer, need help please

"tomgasgas" wrote in message
its a 3.4ghz lga 775 p4 im chosing between that and an amd dual core.
because...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 4th 07, 05:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Mike T.
rebuilding computer, need help please

"tomgasgas" wrote in message
i may consider looking at an amd dual core, what are they like in
comparison to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 4th 07, 01:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike T.
power button not responding

wrote in message
Hello,

I was trying to add a new DVD burner, and for some reason, when I
press power...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 3rd 07, 03:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Mike T.
Memeory Card Upgrade Help

Whoa, another old myth that's still alive and well, I see.

In fact, we are STILL, TODAY, waiting for GPU technology to catch up
to the point where a GPU will use all the available...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 3rd 07, 12:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Mike T.
Memeory Card Upgrade Help

"DaveW" wrote in message
IF your AGP slot is working, then you ONLY want to upgrade to an AGP video
card. PCI cards...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 2nd 07, 12:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Mike T.
Memeory Card Upgrade Help

wrote in message
I have a P4 2.66GHz on a P4S5A/DX+ mobo. 2GB PC4000 DDR Ram. Running
XP Home SP2. I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 27th 07, 03:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.basics
Replies: 7
Posted By Mike T.
PC Monior issues

"Bible John" wrote in message
The screen just got faded and fuzzy at 1152 x 862 pixels, but looks great
in 800- x 600...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 27th 07, 01:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By Mike T.
Vista-friendly builds: details, please

"ToolPackinMama" wrote in message
Please post details here if you have assembled a Vista-friendly PC. I'm
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 26th 07, 08:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Mike T.
my motherboard died

"Shannon" wrote in message
Hello everyone,
Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Old Computer...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 26th 07, 06:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By Mike T.
AGP vs PCI-E - how big is the difference?

"BrockLanders" wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 11:38:02 +0100, fwibbler
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 26th 07, 02:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Mike T.
PC 133MHz 256MB RAM - BIOS POST counts up to 184MB only.

"Vivek.M" wrote in message
Hello, I have a Celeron 400 MHz CA810 Intel motherboard. It uses 256
MB x 2...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 26th 07, 01:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By Mike T.
update: choose a video card

"Jo9100" wrote in message
i get to choose a video card. ive read on toms hardware the guide for
march. i have some...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 26th 07, 01:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Mike T.
What the problem isn't: a pc mystery!

"rEdgar" wrote in message
What follows is a bunch of symptoms that neither me or any other
computer tech buddy of mine could readily...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 23rd 07, 03:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike T.
Audio warble on startup????

wrote in message
When I turn my computer on I immediately get a warble tone from the
speakers. It continues until...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 450