Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: XP Guy[_2_]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 3rd 14, 01:16 PM Posted to alt.windows-xp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 27
Posted By XP Guy[_2_]
keep XP updated until 2019

Zo wrote:

Hey Guy,
just curious - what is the difference between your recommended fix
and the one suggested in this article from betanews?
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 2nd 14, 03:06 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows-xp,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 27
Posted By XP Guy[_2_]
keep XP updated until 2019

Mayayana wrote:

| IE8 is currently just as vulnerable to exploits as IE9, 10 or
| 11 if you apply POS2009 IE updates to your XP system.

You're using IE8 online and justifying it based the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 2nd 14, 02:01 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows-xp,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 27
Posted By XP Guy[_2_]
keep XP updated until 2019

"J. P. Gilliver (John)" wrote:

What XP Guy says above, I read as meaning MSE doesn't support POS;

From what I've read, MS dropped support for MSE for POS2009 when version
2 of MSE came out. ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 2nd 14, 01:05 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows-xp,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 27
Posted By XP Guy[_2_]
keep XP updated until 2019

Mayayana wrote:

... but security patches? No one should be using IE8 anyway, so
patches there are irrelevant.

Why should no one be using IE8?

IE8 is currently just as vulnerable to exploits...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 1st 14, 03:42 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows-xp,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By XP Guy[_2_]
Windows 8 is the most vulnerable Windows OS - you can thank Adobe Flashfor that

If you are wondering why Windows 8 tops the charts, even though
Microsoft touts the platform as more secure than its predecessors (don't
they always) - the answer is quite simple; Flash. Because...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 1st 14, 06:22 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows-xp,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 27
Posted By XP Guy[_2_]
keep XP updated until 2019

wrote:

I hope that also updates Security Essentials. I'm sick of that
thing nagging me that XP is expired.

Apparently, Microsoft dropped support for POS Ready 2009 with...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 1st 14, 04:48 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows-xp,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 27
Posted By XP Guy[_2_]
keep XP updated until 2019

wrote:

I'm saving this message for reference. This sounds useful. But I
question whether one can activate this as a private individual.

You did not post a URL to download...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 1st 14, 03:24 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows-xp,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 27
Posted By XP Guy[_2_]
keep XP updated until 2019

Ammammata wrote:

(what-ever)

I posted the full details of this hack back on May 22 in a thread with
the subject:

"A few registry key entries will allow XP to update itself via
Windows...
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8