Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mayayana
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 2nd 21, 03:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Mayayana
Is it safe to order on Amazon/Ebay from China?

"Flasherly" wrote

| Ebay's Chinese representation is nowhere near the
| leeway Amazon contracts as the middleman jobber.

Amazon over Ebay any day of the week.
Forum: General March 13th 21, 03:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 39
Posted By Mayayana
Why is this HDD so small?

"micky" wrote

| What about that it has no brand name? Would you buy it for a backup
| drive?

Aitaton. I looked at their site. They seem to only
sell cables. I think...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 6th 19, 02:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 27
Posted By Mayayana
"Microsoft Announces Modern OS" by Paul Thurrott

"Lynn McGuire" wrote

| TL;DR - Microsoft is rebranding Win RT.
|
| Now that makes sense !

I'm not so sure about that. They recently announced the
opposite:
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 24th 19, 01:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 2
Posted By Mayayana
WARNING! SCAM spam list - list of fake messages

"Carlos E. R." wrote

| I use Linux instead on those machines that have a camera :-P

So... You mean you're being filmed by horny young geeks
at MIT rather than by...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 24th 19, 12:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 2
Posted By Mayayana
WARNING! SCAM spam list - list of fake messages

"Filip454" wrote

| Also, tell me, did you also get any e-mails of this kind?

I've had a few. I think there's also another lesson the
It shouldn't be possible...
Forum: Printers March 9th 17, 04:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 26
Posted By Mayayana
How to print a file from the command line? Epson, Brother

"Neil" wrote

| Why not get a laser printer rather
| than go through all of that?

I'm not familiar with laser. My impression has
been that they're more expensive and...
Forum: Printers March 9th 17, 01:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 26
Posted By Mayayana
How to print a file from the command line? Epson, Brother

"Paul" wrote

| | The cartridges should cap themselves when in the parked position.
| | Something has to cover the orifices, or they'd clog even faster
| | than that.
Forum: Printers March 8th 17, 03:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 26
Posted By Mayayana
How to print a file from the command line? Epson, Brother

"Paul" wrote

| The cartridges should cap themselves when in the parked position.
| Something has to cover the orifices, or they'd clog even faster
| than that.

That's...
Forum: General January 28th 17, 01:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 56
Posted By Mayayana
Does more memory require a more powerful fan?

"Ken Blake" wrote

What he says is correct: "there's no problem vacuuming as long as one
doesn't touch the components."

But you shouldn't use a vacuum cleaner because there...
Forum: General January 27th 17, 04:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 56
Posted By Mayayana
Does more memory require a more powerful fan?

"PAS" wrote

| | Duster gases are such as 1,1-difluoroethane,
1,1,1-trifluoroethane,
| | or 1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane. Hydrocarbons, like butane, were
| | often...
Forum: General January 27th 17, 03:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 56
Posted By Mayayana
Does more memory require a more powerful fan?

"micky" wrote

| Dang. Right now on the radio, the Beatles are singing "I get high". I
| otoh have never in my life been high.

You might be surprised if you try to...
Forum: General January 27th 17, 01:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 56
Posted By Mayayana
Does more memory require a more powerful fan?

"Paul" wrote

| Duster gases are such as 1,1-difluoroethane, 1,1,1-trifluoroethane,
| or 1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane. Hydrocarbons, like butane, were
| often used in...
Forum: General January 25th 17, 04:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 56
Posted By Mayayana
Does more memory require a more powerful fan?

"micky" wrote

| Speccy says each of my cores is varying from 40 to 48C. Just getting
| mail for a few seconds will raise the temp, it seems.

I don't know either of...
Forum: General January 23rd 17, 03:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 56
Posted By Mayayana
Does more memory require a more powerful fan?

"micky" wrote

| It's already running borderline hot, according to Speccy, but when I put
| in the new RAM I was going to clean out the dust, which I can see
| through the...
Forum: Dell Computers August 10th 15, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 74
Posted By Mayayana
Problem saving screen profile file.

| 2) Could the ICM file be saved elsewhere and then
| just copied into the folder?
|
| I've got no access to or control over the software which determines
| where it is trying to save(
Forum: Dell Computers August 9th 15, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 74
Posted By Mayayana
Problem saving screen profile file.

SaveProfileUsingICM
It doesn't help if you spell the function name wrong. :)

I'm not an expert on this, but for what it's worth:

1) It seems to be trying to delete an old copy
and running into a...
Forum: Storage (alternative) May 28th 15, 11:36 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 20
Posted By Mayayana
Current state of SSD's

| It turned out the false alarm on data life, was
| for drives that had already hit the "0% life left"
| limit. Then, the drives were stored at elevated
| temperature, and then the data lasted for a...
Forum: Storage (alternative) May 28th 15, 01:47 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 20
Posted By Mayayana
Current state of SSD's

| If you happen to come across some articles on that, please post some links
| when you get a chance. It would be interesting to know more about that.

This was the...
Forum: Storage (alternative) May 28th 15, 01:49 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 20
Posted By Mayayana
Current state of SSD's

There was an interesting discussion recently
at Slashdot. I'd just been thinking that maybe
SSDs are now mature enough to be a sensible
investment. But there seemed to be a lot of
people who've had...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 3rd 14, 02:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 28
Posted By Mayayana
OT Anybody have Hotmail? Working?

| I didn't realize anyone was still using hotmail.
|
| Not too many....only about 0.5 Billion accounts on the planet.
|
| How many are actually working?
|
| Hotmail is so unreliable that there...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 2nd 14, 09:13 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows-xp,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 27
Posted By Mayayana
keep XP updated until 2019

| If you want to make a blanket statement that nobody should be running IE
| (even if they have Windoze 7 or 8, even if they are running IE9, 10 or
| 11) then fine, you can do that. But I don't see...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 2nd 14, 02:44 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows-xp,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 27
Posted By Mayayana
keep XP updated until 2019

| ... but security patches? No one should be using IE8 anyway, so
| patches there are irrelevant.
|
| Why should no one be using IE8?
|
| IE8 is currently just as vulnerable to exploits as IE9,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 2nd 14, 02:32 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows-xp,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 27
Posted By Mayayana
keep XP updated until 2019

| useful, but security patches? No one should be using IE8
| anyway, so patches there are irrelevant. What else is there?
| []
| According to someone here in the IEradicator debates (which I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 1st 14, 03:22 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.windows-xp,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 27
Posted By Mayayana
keep XP updated until 2019

| I'm saving this message for reference. This sounds useful.

Just remember two things:

1) XP is no longer supported. Microsoft has no reason to make
sure patches for XPE work on XP, and they have...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 5th 14, 03:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 6
Posted By Mayayana
An option to NOT show zip files as expanded in Windows 7 Explorer?

Install a real ZIP program. The limited ZIP
functionality in XP+ is nice for people who
don't understand ZIP files, but personally I
find it very confusing. It's too easy to open
a file and then...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 31