Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: wasbit[_4_]
Forum: General February 11th 21, 11:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By wasbit[_4_]
HOW2 test HDMI cable?

wrote in message ...
Years ago I used a HDMI cable from a RaspberyPi to the TV.
Later I had a problem and suspected the HDMI cable.
Now I want...
Forum: Printers November 25th 20, 11:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.microsoft.windows,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 39
Posted By wasbit[_4_]
If you print from Windows 10 to your LAN networked printer - have you also printed from Android? How?

"Arlen Holder" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 10:43:10 -0000, wasbit wrote:

I don't understand your question.

Forum: Printers November 24th 20, 11:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.microsoft.windows,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 39
Posted By wasbit[_4_]
If you print from Windows 10 to your LAN networked printer - have you also printed from Android? How?

"Arlen Holder" wrote in message
I need help with printing to a printer that Windows 10 has no problem
printing to, where I...
Forum: General November 13th 20, 10:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 22
Posted By wasbit[_4_]
Can a weak CMOS battery prevent detection of a drive

"Paul" wrote in message
Norm Why wrote:
[spippage]
Typical low CPU load core temperatures of the Q9650 a
31C., 31C., 28C....
Forum: General September 6th 20, 10:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.microsoft.windows,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By wasbit[_4_]
What PC hardware diagnostic stress-testing freeware can you recommend?

"Arlen Holder" wrote in message
What PC hardware diagnostic stress-testing freeware can you recommend?

o I have a random...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 2nd 20, 10:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By wasbit[_4_]
I think it's a bad on/off switch, how can I tell?

"Charlie Hoffpauir" wrote in message
My computer won't restart after a local power failure last night. Our
neignborhood...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 25th 19, 10:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By wasbit[_4_]
New (to me) Rescue Image (Bootable WinPE)

"Shadow" wrote in message
Won't post in alt.comp.freeware, not sure how "freeware" it
is.

https://sergeistrelec.ru/

Has...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 3rd 19, 10:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By wasbit[_4_]
Dell PC blinking yellow

"RainbowMan" wrote in message

I reset the bios and reflush Dell the PSU and MB( because some voltage
still...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 7th 19, 09:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.anti-virus,alt.computer.security
Replies: 11
Posted By wasbit[_4_]
Kaspersky Rescue Disk Report - can't see full paths

"Apd" wrote in message
On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 01:19:56 +0100, "Apd" wrote:

snip

McAfee made a Windows GUI tool called FileInsight which...
Forum: General February 5th 19, 11:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By wasbit[_4_]
question about CPUs and GPUs

"Paul" wrote in message
Yes wrote:
Snip

The number of shaders on video cards is going up. Only
Furmark (a benchmark) seems to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 8th 18, 11:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By wasbit[_4_]
is new memory incompatible? Why?

wrote in message
Hi,

I've acquired 2x4GB new memory from Crucial as I found it to be compatible
with my...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 16th 18, 12:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 72
Posted By wasbit[_4_]
"Why I Will Never Buy a Hard Drive Again"

"Lynn McGuire" wrote in message
On 9/13/2018 7:56 PM, Paul wrote:
Lynn McGuire wrote:
On 9/12/2018 9:16 PM, Paul wrote:
Lynn...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 20th 18, 10:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By wasbit[_4_]
Kaspersky saves the day

"🐮 Cows are Nice 🐮" wrote in message

I don't trust Kaspersky either.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 16th 18, 02:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 72
Posted By wasbit[_4_]
"Why I Will Never Buy a Hard Drive Again"

"Lynn McGuire" wrote in message

snip

I stripped the 8 TB out of an external WD drive to replace the internal 4
TB backup...
Forum: General August 15th 18, 10:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By wasbit[_4_]
128GB Flash Drives Any Good?

wrote in message
I just noticed am abundance of large capacity (128GB) flash drives on
the market quite cheap. I guess I...
Forum: General August 23rd 17, 10:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By wasbit[_4_]
LG 55UJ6300 Need Help

wrote in message

This old fart is in trouble. I bought a new LG 55UJ6300 so-called
'smart' TV the other day, from...
Forum: General August 6th 17, 11:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By wasbit[_4_]
Graphic card for running three 22 inch monitors

"t" wrote in message

A user in our office has a Dell Optiplex 790 Mini Tower with two 22 inch
Dell monitors and wants an...
Forum: General May 9th 17, 10:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By wasbit[_4_]
Intel Atom Co-processor

"philo" wrote in message
I was given a Zotak mini-PC with Win7 some time ago and just upgraded it
to Win10

In device manager no...
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 11th 16, 11:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.os.windows-vista
Replies: 11
Posted By wasbit[_4_]
I fouled up both the clone and the original!

"Paul" wrote in message
micky wrote:

snip

I would recommend PTEDIT32, which displays the MSDOS partition
table on the...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19