Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 29th 19, 07:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Is it possible to update Windows 7 without adding any Windows 10 "features"?

On Tue, 27 Aug 2019 17:30:36 -0500, VanguardLH wrote:

wrote:
Optional comment/name field missing in From header.
Non-authorized use of domain.

I just built a new...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 27th 19, 10:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Is it possible to update Windows 7 without adding any Windows 10 "features"?

I just built a new machine. I think I remember reading that Microsoft
was adding some of the Windows 10 snooping capabilities to Windows 7
updates. I'm just wondering if that's true, and how to tell...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 23rd 12, 02:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Recent build has given me nothing but headaches - trouble shooting advice needed

On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 10:28:03 -0400, Paul wrote:

If you want to separate the SVCHosts, to find the high runner,
either that can be seen in Process Explorer, or you can use...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 22nd 12, 10:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Recent build has given me nothing but headaches - trouble shooting advice needed

On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 20:34:21 -0400, Paul wrote:

wrote:
On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 20:41:00 +0100, Mike Tomlinson
wrote:

En el artículo...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 22nd 12, 12:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Recent build has given me nothing but headaches - trouble shooting advice needed

On Fri, 21 Sep 2012 20:41:00 +0100, Mike Tomlinson
wrote:

En el artículo ,
escribió:

Yea, ntoskrnl.exe was the cause...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 21st 12, 09:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Recent build has given me nothing but headaches - trouble shooting advice needed

On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 16:27:03 +0100, Bob H wrote:

Did you download the program I gave you the link for?

Yea, ntoskrnl.exe was the cause of the crash almost half of the time.
It...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 19th 12, 05:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Recent build has given me nothing but headaches - trouble shooting advice needed

On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 00:58:27 +0800, Man-wai Chang
wrote:

No overclocking?

No

What if you used a regular spinning hard disk? Maybe it's the SSD!

I said in my original...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 19th 12, 05:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Recent build has given me nothing but headaches - trouble shooting advice needed

On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 14:37:10 -0400, Paul wrote:

wrote:

removed

Jon
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 18th 12, 12:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Recent build has given me nothing but headaches - trouble shooting advice needed

Hello all, I just built a new machine a few months ago, I'm having 3
problems that I haven't been able to figure out a solution to. These
are the specs:

Biostar TZ68A+ mobo
Core i5 2500
2 x 4gb...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 1st 12, 06:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
A question about solid state drives

On Tue, 01 May 2012 09:04:01 -0400, Paul wrote:

wrote:
What's the difference between:

installing your OS and all your programs on the SSD

and:
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 1st 12, 08:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
A question about solid state drives

What's the difference between:

installing your OS and all your programs on the SSD

and:

using the SSD as a cache drive?

If both options give you equal performance in terms of speed...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 30th 12, 06:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
NEW BUILD - am I going to need a more powerful PSU? And one other question.

On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 17:26:53 -0400, Yousuf Khan
wrote:

On 29/04/2012 11:20 AM, wrote:
Hey everyone, I'm going to build me a new machine, I'm not sure if...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 29th 12, 11:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
NEW BUILD - am I going to need a more powerful PSU? And one other question.

On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 12:00:43 -0400, Paul wrote:

wrote:
Hey everyone, I'm going to build me a new machine, I'm not sure if my
power supply (a 520 watt Corsair) can...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 29th 12, 04:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
NEW BUILD - am I going to need a more powerful PSU? And one other question.

Hey everyone, I'm going to build me a new machine, I'm not sure if my
power supply (a 520 watt Corsair) can handle all this. Here's what
I've decided on:

CPU - Core i5-2500
Motherboard - BIOSTAR...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 31st 11, 12:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
How can I tell for sure if my motherboard is fried?

Hello everyone. The eyelet that the hook on the heat sink hooks to
broke off from the motherboard so the heatsink isn't touching the
chipset (not the cpu). So now the computer won't boot and I'm...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15