Showing results 1 to 25 of 64
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ~misfit~[_15_]
Forum: General March 25th 12, 12:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By ~misfit~[_15_]
Crucial Adrenaline

Somewhere on teh intarwebs VanguardLH wrote:
Roy Colson wrote:

Would like an opinion on Crucial Adrenaline CT050M4SSC2BDA 50GB Solid
State Cache for Windows 7-based PCs. I would install it...
Forum: General February 29th 12, 07:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By ~misfit~[_15_]
512 Mb video card is reported to have 1024 Mb???

Somewhere on teh intarwebs DK wrote:
In article , "SC Tom" wrote:
[snip]
Another way to check video resources, is with GPU-Z.

CPU-Z reports 1024 Mb...
Forum: General August 8th 11, 12:38 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 45
Posted By ~misfit~[_15_]
How to attach leads straight to battery?

Somewhere on teh intarwebs wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 15:03:51 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Hmm,
Look hard you can find a battery with soldering...
Forum: General July 24th 11, 10:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By ~misfit~[_15_]
Notebook lid

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Paul wrote:
Barny wrote:
What is the maximum(safe) pressure(weight) allowed for notebook Lid
cover?(Dell vostro 1520)
I mean if notebook just stay at the table...
Forum: General July 21st 11, 12:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By ~misfit~[_15_]
Humidity issue

Somewhere on teh intarwebs argent wrote:
What is the max Humidity (percent) allowed in the workplace where
store notebooks?
I have a high indoor humidity level in house, show almost 90 % and...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 17th 11, 05:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 19
Posted By ~misfit~[_15_]
Follow-up: Computer with replacmeent CPU POSTS but doesn't boot.

Somewhere on teh intarwebs VanguardLH wrote:
[snip]
After writing my long post, I think the first thing you should look at
is if the increased FSB (from 100 to 133) will also be used for the
Forum: General July 14th 11, 03:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By ~misfit~[_15_]
Want fast SATA HDD, recommendations?

Somewhere on teh intarwebs larry moe 'n curly wrote:
On Jun 19, 11:06 pm, "~misfit~"
wrote:

I have a few 2TB HDDs that get moved between USB docks attached...
Forum: General July 14th 11, 03:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By ~misfit~[_15_]
Want fast SATA HDD, recommendations?

Somewhere on teh intarwebs John McGaw wrote:
On 6/20/2011 2:06 AM, ~misfit~ wrote:
Hi group.

I have a tower system that I basically use as storage and backup for
my laptop HDDs. It has...
Forum: General July 14th 11, 03:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By ~misfit~[_15_]
Want fast SATA HDD, recommendations?

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Paul wrote:
David W. Hodgins wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 02:06:19 -0400, ~misfit~
wrote:

So what say you? Is the Western...
Forum: General July 14th 11, 03:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

Somewhere on teh intarwebs David W. Hodgins wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 02:06:19 -0400, ~misfit~
wrote:
So what say you? Is the Western Digital Caviar Black...
Forum: General July 14th 11, 02:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By ~misfit~[_15_]
Laptop recommendations.

Somewhere on teh intarwebs John wrote:
Laptop recommendations:

The wife needs a new laptop used mainly for Internet and online
low-res gaming (java board games *not* Duke nukem and the like)...
Forum: General June 20th 11, 07:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By ~misfit~[_15_]
Want fast SATA HDD, recommendations?

Hi group.

I have a tower system that I basically use as storage and backup for my
laptop HDDs. It has four SATA trayless removable HDD 'docks' (for want of a
better word) that I use to facilitate...
Forum: General June 6th 11, 01:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By ~misfit~[_15_]
Ping VanguardLH. Was: I would like to apologize to the world for being from the American territories.

Somewhere on teh intarwebs VanguardLH wrote:
Glenn Who-Nobody-Gives-A-Gnat's-Fart-About wrote:

America (or, to deflate the American ego, "the...
Forum: General June 6th 11, 01:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By ~misfit~[_15_]
SATA to IDE bridge adapter

~misfit~ wrote:
Somewhere on teh intarwebs larry moe 'n curly wrote:
[snip]
I think the "1109" on your SunPlusIT adapter's chip means it was
Forum: General June 6th 11, 01:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By ~misfit~[_15_]
SATA to IDE bridge adapter

Somewhere on teh intarwebs larry moe 'n curly wrote:
~misfit~ wrote:

I guess I should drop one in a PC and see if it works with a SATA-II
HDD. Do you know if there's any chance of HDD...
Forum: General June 3rd 11, 08:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By ~misfit~[_15_]
Monitor suggestions, replacing an old 4:3 Acer 17'' with 16:10 or not ?

On 5/20/2011 5:36 AM, Jon Danniken wrote:
[snip]
I don't think most folks would have have much problem with either 16:9
or 16:10 (still haven't figured out why 16:10 isn't shown as...
Forum: General June 3rd 11, 08:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By ~misfit~[_15_]
SATA to IDE bridge adapter

Somewhere on teh intarwebs larry moe 'n curly wrote:
[snip]
I think the "1109" on your SunPlusIT adapter's chip means it was made
in 2011, in the 9th week of the year, while my chip is from 2009,...
Forum: General June 3rd 11, 07:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By ~misfit~[_15_]
Monitor suggestions, replacing an old 4:3 Acer 17'' with 16:10 or not ?

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Paul wrote:
Ale wrote:
Hi all,

actually I've a monitor LCD Acer 17'' with speakers, DVI and VGA
ports and max resolution 1280x1024.
I'm thinking if I have...
Forum: General April 18th 11, 09:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By ~misfit~[_15_]
Laptop noisy hanging

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Roy wrote:
On Apr 9, 9:58 am, "~misfit~" wrote:
Somewhere on teh intarwebs Roy wrote:

I told you before (perhaps in another...
Forum: General April 9th 11, 02:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By ~misfit~[_15_]
Laptop noisy hanging

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Roy wrote:
On Apr 3, 9:07 pm, John McGaw wrote:
On 4/3/2011 7:12 AM, Roy wrote:

Hello guys!

Just recently my notebook with SSD , 1 gig...
Forum: General April 9th 11, 02:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By ~misfit~[_15_]
Asrock P4i65G motherboard

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Paul wrote:
[snip]
One reason for keeping the computer off the floor, is so it sucks in
less dust. And the bonus for keeping it off the floor, is I can access the
Forum: Dell Computers April 8th 11, 02:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.laptops
Replies: 7
Posted By ~misfit~[_15_]
USB flash drives & photo printing kiosks

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Daddy wrote:
ps56k wrote:
I have a small USB flash/thumb drive on my keychain
that I use for a variety of uses... just in case type things.

Anyway - I have...
Forum: General January 15th 11, 05:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By ~misfit~[_15_]
What is internal USB jack for?

Somewhere on teh intarwebs JohnA wrote:
[snip]
If you are using the same motherboard as mine, you might
like to disable the on-board USB 1.1 in the BIOS as there is a known
compatability issue...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 3rd 11, 03:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By ~misfit~[_15_]
Q&D graphics benchmark?

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Foke wrote:
On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 20:20:11 +1300, "~misfit~"
wrote:

Hi folks.

snip

So you post a request for help, then...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 3rd 11, 03:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By ~misfit~[_15_]
Q&D graphics benchmark?

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Paul wrote:
~misfit~ wrote:
Hi folks.

I've decided that I *really* have to sort out my collection of
crap... errrr.... my computers and parts. Therefore I'm...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 64