Showing results 1 to 25 of 60
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: myfathersson
Forum: Printers October 27th 19, 10:32 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 0
Posted By myfathersson
Canon MX922 power supply?

Someone just gave me a Pixma 922, which looks a lot newer and possibly better than my MX860. The cartridges seem to interchange between the two.

But it has cut cables going to the print head and no...
Forum: Printers January 9th 19, 07:25 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Posted By myfathersson
Any way out of a WRONG CARTRIDGE error message with Xeroxcartridges for HP1525nw laserjet?

good point and I might have tried it but the answer was much simpler: I had bought three carts, 2 mag and one cyan and someone had put the second cyan cart in a mag box!
Forum: Printers January 9th 19, 07:24 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Posted By myfathersson
Any way out of a WRONG CARTRIDGE error message with Xeroxcartridges for HP1525nw laserjet?

good point and I might have tried it but the answer was much simpler: I had bought three carts, 2 mag and one cyan and someone had put the second mag cart in a cyan box!
Forum: Printers January 9th 19, 04:58 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Posted By myfathersson
Any way out of a WRONG CARTRIDGE error message with Xerox cartridgesfor HP1525nw laserjet?

I just came across these Xerox cartridges manufactured (I dont know why!) for the HP printer. But on insertion of the magenta one, I just get a wrong magenta cartridge error message.
'
Xerox...
Forum: Printers May 20th 15, 06:48 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Posted By myfathersson
HP CE320 or CE540A

Yeah, I did a careful inspection and couldn't see any differences but I thought I would check: However, after taking one end piece out of both carts, I then struggled for a half an hour to get the...
Forum: Printers May 18th 15, 10:37 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Posted By myfathersson
HP CE320 or CE540A

Does anyone know if these two cartridges are in any way interchangeable please?

I have a few 540As which do not fit the 320A slot: Can I change the end pieces to make them fit or is there less to...
Forum: Printers October 17th 14, 03:02 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Posted By myfathersson
Having problem using HP 1525NW on OSX

I get your point though this is a comparatively recent printer which should be supported. As mentioned, naughty that Apple updates printer drivers in an OS Update without fixing this problem but the...
Forum: Printers October 15th 14, 02:55 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By myfathersson
HP1525nw fleeting in Mavericks

I have re-posted a different version of this problem in the hope that someone may have some ideas OR is HP software just not as good as Canon software?
Forum: Printers October 15th 14, 02:51 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
Posted By myfathersson
Having problem using HP 1525NW on OSX

Is this a known problem with OSX or is there some reason I am having this problem please?

I had it set up as a network printer, working OK for a year or so before it suddenly stopped working...
Forum: Printers June 4th 14, 08:36 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By myfathersson
HP1525nw fleeting in Mavericks

Not sure if this was the actual problem but I managed to get rid of the symptoms by downloading 122 meg of new drivers for Mavericks from the HP site.

if the printer worked in 10.9.2, I cant see...
Forum: Printers June 4th 14, 07:10 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By myfathersson
HP1525nw fleeting in Mavericks

I have been using an HP 1525nw successfully in OSX for some time now.

When I tried to print this morning, suddenly, the OS cant see the printer. It is in the list (with a low toner warning) but all...
Forum: Printers November 4th 13, 06:35 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 6
Posted By myfathersson
Another minor problem with 1525NW HP tech support accidentallyadmitted was a piece of rubbish

Thanks for that very helpful response. I know black is empty because it started printing very faded around the centre of the page so after a few shakes of the black cartridge (and these carts aren't...
Forum: Printers November 4th 13, 02:37 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 6
Posted By myfathersson
Another minor problem with 1525NW HP tech support accidentallyadmitted was a piece of rubbish

I posted on this thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/comp.periphs.printers/HP1525nw%7Csort:relevance/comp.periphs.printers/lhHtNejc-vU/5GWE0OchB9EJ
about the printer which wouldn't...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 15th 13, 02:51 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 9
Posted By myfathersson
WD Hard drive failure, looking to swap PCB boards, need info please!

Sounds VERY Interesting: Is there a database anywhere of which manufacturers enable/allow firmware upgrading and/or how you do this?

(Must confess never having come across a Samsung hard drive in...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 14th 13, 04:12 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 9
Posted By myfathersson
WD Hard drive failure, looking to swap PCB boards, need info please!

I once had this problem and had Hitachi tell me that the only way of doing this was by getting another drive with (what they called) the same firmware. I never did manage to find a drive with the...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 14th 13, 04:03 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By myfathersson
Anyone familiar with programs which can scan Android storage devicesfor deleted photos?

Not sure this is the right group but I am trying to recover .jpg files from an android device which has had photos deleted. There is 11 gig of space so I m a bit hopeful that nothing has...
Forum: Printers June 27th 13, 11:58 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 15
Posted By myfathersson
Vertical smudge on page with Canon laser printer (only whenprinting from black cart)

On Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:58:48 PM UTC-5, Yianni wrote:

What about the printer? Have you found anything?

What about the printer? Have you found anything?

I know it has been a while but...
Forum: Printers June 18th 13, 09:44 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By myfathersson
Tray 2 on HP 1525NW??? (for straight through paper path)

But what is the story with the 53lb max paper weight? This does imply
that there is some procedure for a straight paper path which
presumably would require using Tray 2 and an open rear?

Hey...
Forum: Printers June 7th 13, 04:03 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By myfathersson
Tray 2 on HP 1525NW??? (for straight through paper path)

Yes, that is what I meant. the person at HP didnt seem to understand
when I expressed incredulity that HP could market a printer which is
only designed for the cheapest type of copy paper!

But what...
Forum: Printers June 6th 13, 09:32 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By myfathersson
Tray 2 on HP 1525NW??? (for straight through paper path)

I accidentally bought some 52lb color photo laser paper and tried to
use it with my 1525NW. it melts the toner into the paper at the top
and gives horizontal white blotches going across the printed...
Forum: Printers February 8th 13, 07:37 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 15
Posted By myfathersson
Vertical smudge on page with Canon laser printer (only whenprinting from black cart)

I couldnt see the problem all that easily on the photo and said that it wasnt
particularly clear on my posted photo but on your annotated version, when I
click to magnify by a factor of...
Forum: Printers February 6th 13, 05:49 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 15
Posted By myfathersson
Vertical smudge on page with Canon laser printer (only whenprinting from black cart)

Thanks for that Yianni, your posting makes things clearer for me as well!!

I couldnt see the problem all that easily on the photo and said that it wasnt particularly clear on my posted photo but on...
Forum: Printers February 4th 13, 04:21 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 15
Posted By myfathersson
Vertical smudge on page with Canon laser printer (only whenprinting from black cart)

Let me see what I can find: The problem is that the printer has been giving suspect Y cart error messages for about 4 months and now it says REPLACE Y CART so wont print even in black alone. WHen i...
Forum: Printers February 2nd 13, 10:04 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 15
Posted By myfathersson
Vertical smudge on page with Canon laser printer (only whenprinting from black cart)

No, things arent that easy, though the regularity (lots of them do seem to be on the same position on each page) does suggest some problem with a roller? The marks are at 22mm intervals and not at...
Forum: Printers February 2nd 13, 05:01 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 15
Posted By myfathersson
Vertical smudge on page with Canon laser printer (only whenprinting from black cart)

Sorry I should have menioned: This is a colour one, an Imageclass 8180C and there is no smudging in colour. Does this mean that the drum must be OK?

I also dont think there is much smudging in...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 60