Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mike Smith
Forum: Intel October 17th 07, 02:53 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 6
Posted By Mike Smith
dual xeon system

Nate Edel wrote:

It doesn't help anywhere close to linearly, but unless the task is entirely
CPU-bound, there's a good chance it will help some.

I don't understand - CPU-bound tasks are...
Forum: Intel October 12th 07, 09:08 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel,abg.mampf
Replies: 2
Posted By Mike Smith
I think the Zilog Z80 is better than any Intel CPU!!!

Victor Smootbank wrote:
The Z80 was much better in the 1980s, a ZX81 with 1Kbyte
can do much more than a modern PC with 1Gbyte of RAM,
just because it had the mighty Z80.

Just think about...
Forum: Intel September 3rd 07, 09:36 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 8
Posted By Mike Smith
can you have 1.5GB RAM???

Somebody wrote:
Is it possible to have 1.5GB RAM in a PC these days? I was under the
impression you had to put sticks in pairs (2 or 4). And that both the 0 and
1 memory banks had to have the...
Forum: Intel May 31st 07, 06:29 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel,alt.hobbies.serial-murder,alt.swordfighting
Replies: 4
Posted By Mike Smith
How to kill people with Intel CPUs???

Lucas J.Riesau wrote:
I'm a wannabe serial-killer and I don't want to shoot,
strangle or stab my victims, it has been done before
and wouldn't grant me entry to the hall of fame of serial...
Forum: Intel May 26th 07, 04:34 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 5
Posted By Mike Smith
Core2 Duo Vs Pentium 4 2.6 GHz

DaveW wrote:
ASSUMING you mean, though you didn't specify, that the Core 2 Duo is a 2.6
GHz model AND that the Pentium 4 is a 2.6GHz model, then obviously the dual
core chip can do twice as...
Forum: Intel April 3rd 07, 04:33 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 15
Posted By Mike Smith
SO, you are still buying Intel Processors?

Yousuf Khan wrote:

It's more like $2.5B on a not-so-state-of-the-art fab there. I'm not
even sure why they're bothering to build it over there, it's going to be
a 90nm fab, opening in more...
Forum: Intel April 2nd 07, 06:54 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 15
Posted By Mike Smith
SO, you are still buying Intel Processors?

GeWart wrote:
Intel spent $1,000,000,000.00, That is ONE BILLION dollars in Inda and layed
off thousands of workers here.

Intel just decided to spend ANOTHER Billion in China to cost more...
Forum: Intel February 19th 07, 11:13 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel
Replies: 6
Posted By Mike Smith
Difference Between Intel Server and Desktop CPUs

daytripper wrote:
On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 14:59:18 -0500, Yousuf Khan wrote:

wrote:
Can someone point me to an article or explain the difference...
Forum: General February 19th 07, 11:13 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel

wrote:
Can someone point me to an article or explain the difference...
Forum: Intel February 9th 07, 03:19 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 14
Posted By Mike Smith
Complete confusion: Current Intel CPU lineup is a psychoticnightmare

peteec wrote:

Is it then that beacuase we are talking about 2 cores the cpu clock
speed is then effected doubled giving us the D cpu @ 6 ghz and the core
duo @ 3.6ghz

The Core Duo/Core 2...
Forum: Intel February 4th 07, 04:30 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 5
Posted By Mike Smith
Vista 64 on a Intel Core Duo Processor T2600 2.16GHz Laptop?

Intel Guy wrote:
Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

Anyone tried installing the 64 bit version of Vista on your
Core Duo processor?
Core Duo is not an EM64T processor. Core *2* is.

Forum: Intel January 23rd 07, 06:05 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 2
Posted By Mike Smith
Removing heatsinks and Xeon CPUs without damage

qu0ll wrote:
I have a Supermicro X7DAE motherboard with two dual-core Xeons (model 5080)
and I need to relocate everything to another chassis with better cooling.
The problem is that I...
Forum: Intel January 7th 07, 10:23 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 4
Posted By Mike Smith
A new breeze blowing

dlzc wrote:
Dear Rick Jones:

Rick Jones wrote:
Bill Davidsen wrote:
Intel has some investment in getting this new CPU
cooler on the market, so I guess this is...
Forum: Intel November 1st 06, 04:28 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike Smith
80286

Ian D wrote:
Actually, the 80286 had 24 address lines, and 16 data lines.

True, although he may be programming in real mode.

--
Mike Smith
Forum: Intel October 19th 06, 06:03 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel

Fidelis K wrote:
"Jeff Gaines" wrote in message
On 19/10/2006 in message ...
Forum: Intel October 15th 06, 07:16 AM Posted to intel.motherboards,comp.sys.intel
Replies: 6
Posted By Mike Smith
Intel 910xx / 915xx chipset question: Windows 98 drivers?

Intel Guy wrote:
From what I can tell, the Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility
version 6.3.0.1007 is the last version to include any support for
Windows 98.

There doesn't seem to...
Forum: Intel October 6th 06, 02:31 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 13
Posted By Mike Smith
Is Dual Core Really Fast Compared With P4?

hotrod wrote:
my other rig is a p4 3.4 extreme and my new set up is a 2.93 core 2 duo
extreme and yes its i big assed diff i play F.E.A.R GHOST RECON ADVANCED
WAREFIGHTER,OBLIVIAN,W.O.W ,...
Forum: Intel October 6th 06, 02:30 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 13
Posted By Mike Smith
Is Dual Core Really Fast Compared With P4?

Carlo Razzeto wrote:
"Mike Smith" wrote in message
I don't know if either of those is designed to be...
Forum: Intel October 5th 06, 11:25 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 13
Posted By Mike Smith
Is Dual Core Really Fast Compared With P4?

Fidelis K wrote:
"Mike Smith" wrote in message
Fidelis K wrote:
I'm currently using an Intel P4 2.8GHz w/...
Forum: Intel October 5th 06, 06:56 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 13
Posted By Mike Smith
Is Dual Core Really Fast Compared With P4?

Fidelis K wrote:
I'm currently using an Intel P4 2.8GHz w/ hyperthreading in a system that I
built 2 years ago (XP Pro, 1GB of ram, Radeon X850 AGP, etc). I want to know
whether I can get...
Forum: Intel September 24th 06, 10:25 AM Posted to intel.server.performance,comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.sys.intel
Replies: 5
Posted By Mike Smith
Xeon 5050 vs 5150

Whoever wrote:

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006, Dave Littell wrote:

Whoever wrote:
If one had the choice of two Xeon 5050 processors vs. one 5150
processor,
which is better?
Forum: Intel September 19th 06, 05:19 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 6
Posted By Mike Smith
Fastest Intel Chip that can be purchased today

ajb wrote:
OK---I know the Core 2 Duo 2.93 GHZ chip is the big Kahunna ---fastest chip
on the market at present--

Um, what about the Xeon DC 5160?

--
Mike Smith
Forum: Intel September 10th 06, 10:31 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel

daytripper wrote:

Looks like Tom's a bit late to the quad core party, as we've been running
Clovertown processors for months...

Oh yeah? Anything you can tell us, by any chance, as to when...
Forum: Intel August 28th 06, 04:52 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 1
Posted By Mike Smith
Need some information about Core Duo T2050

Akina wrote:
Hi All,

First off, my apologies if I reached a wrong group looking for help.
If not, can you please help me know something about the Core Duo T2050
processor.

I have been...
Showing results 1 to 24 of 24