Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: hp
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 20th 15, 01:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By hp
Using Task Manager to find cause of hard drive activity

On 7/3/2015 9:15 PM, Paul wrote:
Rebel1 wrote:
Every once in a while, my Firefox browser becomes non responsive to
mouse inputs; this could last for as much as 60 seconds. Every time
this...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 3rd 15, 02:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By hp
I missed this transition

Ok, when did video cards take over sound processing for PC's ?
This did not register on my forebrain until several updates
pounded in that 'Hay, my video drivers package has sound drivers
too'.

Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 24th 13, 07:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By hp
HALPPPP! erpp that didnt work so well

On 12/16/2013 7:44 PM, Paul wrote:
hp wrote:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896768

Or try this one (from the Wikipedia articles)

"get... a list of all the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 18th 13, 02:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By hp
VRAM, Win7 32 bit, Maximum Physical Memory of 4 GB becoming 3GB,for the last time

On 12/17/2013 12:41 PM, RayLopez99 wrote:
On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 2:34:38 PM UTC+8, Yousuf Khan wrote:

[amazing stuff on aperture]

That was very informative, thanks.

I note on Amazon...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 17th 13, 04:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8
Replies: 78
Posted By hp
Microsoft's perennial incompetence...

On 12/17/2013 6:44 AM, charlie wrote:
On 12/16/2013 3:10 PM, Gene E. Bloch wrote:
On 12/16/2013, John Doe posted:
It may be a matter of semantics as many respondents have
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 17th 13, 02:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

hp wrote:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896768

Or try this one (from the Wikipedia articles)

"get... a list of all the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 16th 13, 07:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By hp
HALPPPP! erpp that didnt work so well

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896768

Or try this one (from the Wikipedia articles)

"get... a list of all the junctions present on a
disk volume, by executing...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 16th 13, 07:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By hp
HALPPPP!

On 12/15/2013 8:05 PM, Paul wrote:

dir /aL /s C:\

I gave this a try C:\dir /aL /s C:\ e:\dirt.txt

And it worked, I got a text file to read

it...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 15th 13, 07:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By hp
HALPPPP!

Seems I have committted several bonehead moves.

Ok, due to a failing motherboard issue, I ended up replacing the Mb,
got new Ram, got new CPU, both faster then the old stuff.

The basic computer...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 9th 13, 07:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By hp
XP x64 and optical drives

On 9/6/2013 9:51 PM, hp wrote:
On 9/5/2013 9:10 PM, Paul wrote:
hp wrote:
Is there a setting in windows Xp x64 that chooses to turn off the
optical drives at any time??

I can boot...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 7th 13, 03:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By hp
XP x64 and optical drives

On 9/5/2013 9:10 PM, Paul wrote:
hp wrote:
Is there a setting in windows Xp x64 that chooses to turn off the
optical drives at any time??

I can boot my PC and have the use of the optical...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 5th 13, 11:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By hp
XP x64 and optical drives

Is there a setting in windows Xp x64 that chooses to turn off the
optical drives at any time??

I can boot my PC and have the use of the optical drives (CD, and DVD)
but if I go away from the PC and...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors August 28th 13, 03:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 0
Posted By hp
x64 and optical drives

Is there a setting in windows Xp x64 that chooses to turn off the
optical drives at any time??

I can boot my PC and have the use of the optical drives (CD, and DVD)
but if I go away from the PC and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 10th 13, 12:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By hp
DDR2 1066 dies young leaves a pretty corpse

On 6/4/2013 2:14 AM, wrote:
On Sunday, June 2, 2013 8:02:01 PM UTC-7, wrote:

A few hours a week, I have been testing old PCs donated to charity
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 13th 13, 09:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By hp
I have a ???

Home built PC, Been working ok for several years, but recently -

I have noticed that it doesn't like to power the external
hard-drives like it used to, I plug them in, the idiot light
illuminates...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 26th 13, 12:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By hp
Seagate External HD: Thin Silver Strip Inside Case; What Forplease ?

On 1/18/2013 6:13 PM, Flasherly wrote:
On Jan 18, 5:47 pm, wrote:
Hello,

I popped the case off of a Seagate external HD.

Inside there is a thin metallic silvery strip...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 22nd 12, 05:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 52
Posted By hp
new ssd

On 12/8/2012 5:12 AM, RayLopez99 wrote:
On Saturday, December 8, 2012 6:42:31 AM UTC+2, Paul wrote:

hard drives. Bad design ideas (400 spindowns per day)

still plague some products. But...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 18th 12, 09:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 18
Posted By hp
copper traces to nowhere on MSI motherboard

On 12/15/2012 4:27 PM, davy wrote:
Just to clarify.

If it was an antenna then it certainly would not have had a guard track
on the outside.

Sorry Paul, I didn't say it was an antenna,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 14th 12, 06:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 18
Posted By hp
copper traces to nowhere on MSI motherboard

On 12/11/2012 12:18 AM, Loren Pechtel wrote:
On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 11:33:36 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

I forgot the link to the photos of the traces to nowhe

Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 6th 12, 09:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By hp
SoftPerfect RAM Disk?

On 12/1/2012 12:02 PM, DK wrote:
In article , GlowingBlueMist wrote:
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors October 22nd 12, 11:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 1
Posted By hp
it is ever so dead hear,

Sadly I have to reinstall XP X64, too many things are getting worse with
the present install, win exploder does just that too many times, .net
pooped out and can't be installed, now JAVA can't...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors July 20th 12, 06:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 0
Posted By hp
ARGH, another incompatible softy package

My old sammysung DVD drive finally bit the dust. A little looking and it
seemed that I was looking for an ASUS dvd drive.
Specs seemed nice the drive was stated as quiet, so I gets one from the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 5th 12, 12:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By hp
Best deal on an SSD drive

On 7/3/2012 7:28 AM, John Doe wrote:
I found a good one that Newegg has for less than Amazon. Not sure
if it's the fastest, but it's probably the most reliable end-user
type. And after my...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors June 17th 12, 03:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 0
Posted By hp
well bummers,

Just tried to run Cdex and its complaining about not finding ASPI driver

Reinstalled a fresh download of CDex, same result,

Found the Install package for ASPI drivers thingy.

doesnt install,

Ok...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 15th 12, 10:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 20
Posted By hp
Making your own HDD LED leads

On 5/15/2012 3:48 PM, Paul wrote:

hp wrote:

snip

Years ago when I did it more, we used 30gauge wirewrap wire, BUT it
doesn't take kindly to being flexed a lot of times.
(Old Telco...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 36