Showing results 1 to 25 of 138
Search took 0.41 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: peter
Forum: General September 4th 08, 12:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By peter
How To Identify Partitions

Actually I have a similar situation and solved it by naming Partitions after
the HD they are located on.
So if I have a Samsung and a Western Digital drive I rename the
partitions..SAM-C WD-D...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 1st 08, 05:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 13
Posted By peter
Had a bad nightmare AGAIN LOL.

Now that's funny!!!
peter

If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 29th 08, 02:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By peter
How Do You Remove Motherboard Drivers?

IF they are not under add& remove you cant remove them.
You will need to do a "repair installation" after you have the machine put
back together.
This means a full copy of whatever operating system...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 15th 08, 02:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By peter
Komputer monitor without box hardisk.

look up..skype..VOIP
google is your friend

peter

If you don't know how to ignore...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 26th 08, 05:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 9
Posted By peter
High speed 120mm PWM fan for 4 pin CPU header

here are a couple of choices

Antec Tri Cool...1200/1600/2200 RPM

NMB-MAT (Panaflo) 120 mm Ball Bearing Fan 2500RPM 104CFM 41.5DBA, RPM Sensor

NMB-MAT (Panaflo) 120MM Hydro Wave Bearing Fan 2100RPM...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 26th 08, 05:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 9
Posted By peter
High speed 120mm PWM fan for 4 pin CPU header

here are a couple of choices

Antec Tri Cool...1200/1600/2200 RPM

NMB-MAT (Panaflo) 120 mm Ball Bearing Fan 2500RPM 104CFM 41.5DBA, RPM Sensor

NMB-MAT (Panaflo) 120MM Hydro Wave Bearing Fan 2100RPM...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards July 25th 08, 02:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 5
Posted By peter
GA X48T DQ6

have you done a Google search for reviews....apparently we in this group are
too cash poor
and cant afford a high end mobo like that....I know I am

peter

--
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 25th 08, 02:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Your welcome....and your right there are some jerks in this group

peter

If you...
Forum: Overclocking July 25th 08, 02:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 6
Posted By peter
Future of Cooling

Thanks Guys..........I am going to go and do a little more research on it.

peter

offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 24th 08, 05:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By peter
My first build

If you use XP SP1..it will determine that's a SATA drive and load the
drivers from the XP SP1 CD...then install itself.

If you use XP with no SP...there are no drivers on the CD...and you will...
Forum: Overclocking July 24th 08, 04:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 6
Posted By peter
Future of Cooling

I had no idea it been that long in development..........I would still like
to see some tests...
I would think it would beat a H20 cooled unit...
as for the start up problem.. who says there would...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 24th 08, 01:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By peter
My first build

XP with SP1 has the capability to see your SATA drives and installs the SATA
Controller drivers automatically..
whether you need the F6 method should say in the manual...on most of the
newer Mobo...
Forum: Overclocking July 19th 08, 05:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 18
Posted By peter
Feels Like A Stupid Question

Like Len said it is safer to lock the PCI-E
I am using some lovely 400 Patriot memory and its running in sync with the
FSB..
I would check to see exactly what speed its running but that system is at...
Forum: Overclocking July 19th 08, 06:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 18
Posted By peter
Feels Like A Stupid Question

You realize that when you OC the mobo has a lot to do with it...
So yes generally an Intel Core2duo will OC better then a comparable AMD
chip..providing you have the
approbriate mobo to match up to...
Forum: General July 10th 08, 12:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By peter
Hard Drive In Freezer

The problem is you left warm up too long........1 to 2 hours then hook it up
and take data off right away..
because it will never work again...as you found out.

peter

--
DISCLAIMER: If you find a...
Forum: General July 7th 08, 10:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

Don't know....lack of information
Do you have a mobo with SATA connectors???

peter

offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 25th 08, 10:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By peter
Blank Keyboard

Type a Blank letter

peter

If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 21st 08, 02:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By peter
Is that a good deal or what? GTX 280 for...

So buy this one instead
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=30480&vpn=BFGEGTX2801024OCE&manufacture=BFG%20Technologies

peter

--
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from...
Forum: Overclocking June 12th 08, 01:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking

Well Son...I hate to tell you this but last nite your mother ran off with
the Computer Geek Squad....
I had wondered why they were over "fixing" our system so often and
constantly upgrading various...
Forum: General June 8th 08, 05:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 15
UPS
Posted By peter
UPS

Nicely Put !!!
peter

me...
Forum: Overclocking May 31st 08, 01:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 11
Posted By peter
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme Mounting

Go for it...

me and I will...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 22nd 08, 02:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By peter
noise -CPU(cabinate)

And of course you already have looked inside to see if the Fan somehow got a
little loose........if a wire maybe is touching the fan???
peter

--
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 22nd 08, 02:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

That's nice....and your point/question is???????/
peter

If you don't know how to...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 4th 08, 06:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By peter
What the heck is the diff between PCI and PEG ?

here is an explanation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peripheral_Component_Interconnect

in your case the "PEG' just stands for PCI EXPRESS......Whereas PCI...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 4th 08, 05:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By peter
Upgrading laptop hard drive

here is a page of Laptop Hard drives
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2030150380+1035907889&name=ATA-6

The page you listed does not make it clear if that HD would fit in a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 138