Showing results 1 to 25 of 53
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Peter
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 8th 08, 03:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter
formula needed for video card vs processor

Is there a formula for upgrading video cards on a gameing machine. Is there
a point where an 8800gt or 9800gx2 or other card would be a waste ie not a
significant improvement, let say if you had a...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 26th 07, 02:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter
7900 gto overclock/ bios issue

I can sucessfully overclock my card to 679/800 , Im now using 169.21, Nv
driver and rivatuner 2.06 to overclock. I also attempted to set the fan to
keep it cool. People who have flashed their...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 21st 07, 07:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By Peter
Fan speed control with Forceware 169.02

There are two way to fix that:
1) flash video bios with a new updated fan fix bios. risky imho
2) drivers dont fix it but Rivatuner does if you set it up right.
there is a tutorial on...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 20th 07, 03:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter
punkbuster init kick problems

I have run all those punkbuster installers and nothing worked I even
reinstalled the game. Its the new Fear expansion pack (P.M.) gives me
corrupt or mismatched client files and I get kicked from...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 19th 07, 01:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter
punkbuster init kick problems

Is my wireless router conection giving me this problem I cant play any
multiplayer games anymore ie Fear
sorta unrelated to nvidia but I do have an new 8800 gt tia
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 13th 07, 05:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By Peter
169.21 Same Standby Fanspeed issue, any fixes ?

I got rivatuner and set the fan speed to auto and checked restore from
standby in low level fan control. I dont know why the newer drivers did this
to my 7900gto but after upgradeing the fan was...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 26th 07, 09:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 14
Posted By Peter
Native resolution not attained

Return it and get a widescreen.

"Peacekeeper" wrote in message
That sounds strange as I purchsed mine last...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 25th 07, 12:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 14
Posted By Peter
Native resolution not attained

Install monitor driver

"Peacekeeper" wrote in message
My son has a new Samsung 204b lcd monitor and via DVI...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 19th 07, 02:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 19
Posted By Peter
Upgrade

The 7600 gt is 30 % faster and at less than 100 dollars

"Conor" wrote in message
In article...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 8th 07, 04:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 0
Posted By Peter
new sata drive

I copied my old ide drive to a new sata drive.I got a little speed increase
but now I have some icons switched to generic like word and mediaplayer and
booting windows takes longer now . I could...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 25th 07, 05:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.mainboards.abit
Replies: 0
Posted By Peter
bios fan setting

Why does the bios remember the CPU fan settings but not the case fans
setting ie temp vs fan speed (voltage) with UGuru or bios? after say resume
from standby. If i get a fan controller the speed...
Forum: Abit Motherboards April 25th 07, 05:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.mainboards.abit
Replies: 0
Posted By Peter
bios fan setting

Why does the bios remember the CPU fan settings but not the case fans
setting ie temp vs fan speed (voltage) with UGuru or bios? after say resume
from standby. If i get a fan controller the speed...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 8th 07, 01:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 0
Posted By Peter
uguru fan eq

Fan eq quits after resume from standby then the fans run too fast. Ive
had lots of uguru troubles with AN8 motherboard. Im begining to think its a
hardware issue any one had this problem. Tia
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 31st 06, 02:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Peter
uguru crashes

For some reason both versions did it, It is working again now. I Think
there are some bios setting that didnt sync or something with the processor
but I guess its not the system. Thanks

"Paul"...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 29th 06, 03:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Peter
uguru crashes

Maybe I should do a new install because this is another repair install. hmm

"Peter" wrote in message
On my new mobo if i reset...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 27th 06, 10:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Peter
Fearing my motherboard is toast--any ideas?

the 20 24 pin is for the main connector depending on what mobo plug u have .
The stand alone 4 pin is for the seperate processor plug on the mobo idont
know what the pin outs but u can find them...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 27th 06, 08:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Peter
uguru crashes

On my new mobo if i reset the cmos I can get the uguru software to monitor
the temps etc. but then after a while it quits and gives me an error in
ocuguruole.dll and shuts down and wont restart...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 18th 06, 11:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter
my pc doesn't boot at first go.

power off cmos clear fixed it for meee

"JAD" wrote in message

"Peter" wrote in message
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 18th 06, 09:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter
my pc doesn't boot at first go.

My new bld seem to have developed the same problem or similar. when i press
the reset button it acts like the power button ie comes on but doesnt
reboot. I thought it was the memory timings but it...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 1st 06, 03:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Peter
s3 resume from ram followup

suspend to ram is a low power state everthing off but ram. if i use suspend
to power or whatever its called all my fans stay on and it is pointless. I
have changed power scheem to allways on from...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 30th 06, 10:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Peter
s3 resume from ram followup

Hi
In suspend to ram I have about 4 normal resumes to every cold restart.
Sometimes it shuts itself off when I try to resume on my home blt computer.
It doesnt seem to be any chipset videocard or...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 27th 06, 05:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By Peter
eVGA GEFORCE 7950 GX2: power supply requirements

Dude get a 7900gto get a power supply end of story.I did. LoL
Or a 7600gt or gs it will blow your mind you wont need to get a power supply
maybe good luck.

"Mr.E Solved!" ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 27th 06, 05:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 40
Posted By Peter
Disaster With Rounded IDE Cables

You can plug those in backwards sometimes as i did. wouldnt boot then
changed it around booted.

"SteveH" wrote in message...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 24th 06, 11:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By Peter
eVGA GEFORCE 7950 GX2: power supply requirements

well over 500 watts as well for assurance would scoff at 700 if you plan
upgrades
"deimos" wrote in message
Z Man wrote:
I have an HP...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 24th 06, 01:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By Peter
game prob after upgrade

yes but there is the power supply dilemma of 12 volt rails and what amps are
on them etc.
so I bought a $160 power supply even though mine works, no more $40
rebates.
I found 2 for around 120 that...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 53