Showing results 1 to 25 of 312
Search took 0.51 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Monica
Forum: Dell Computers March 31st 12, 03:29 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By Monica
Hijack This Analyzers

I thought I posted this this morning. Sorry if it shows up twice. I don't
see it on my end.
www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic342061.html

"RnR" wrote in message...
Forum: Dell Computers March 30th 12, 08:06 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By Monica
Hijack This Analyzers

Even tho I don't see his reply...thanks Bob! I'm having problems
downloading messages from this newsgroup and someone else said you suggested
bleepingcomputer.
I was there earlier today and saved...
Forum: Dell Computers March 29th 12, 06:01 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By Monica
Hijack This Analyzers

What forum/website would you suggest to submit Hijack This logs?
Thanks,
Monica
Forum: Dell Computers March 8th 12, 05:40 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Monica
Windows 7 x64 Processes

Thanks Pen. I did that right after I got the new computer but was very
conservative with my changes since I was new to Win 7.
You don't have all the auto services set to manual do you?

"Pen" ...
Forum: Dell Computers March 7th 12, 05:02 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Monica
Windows 7 x64 Processes

I've got 81 processes running. I'm trying to whittle those down. Maybe I'm
not doing it right. In Task Manager, I'm right clicking on a process and
choosing "end process". A few minutes later,...
Forum: Dell Computers October 16th 11, 03:35 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By Monica
Solid State HDDs

Spendy little things aren't they! :o So my question to you computer
experts is when do you think the average person will be able to afford a
720GB ssd? Right now they're about $2450.00
I'm...
Forum: Dell Computers October 16th 11, 03:14 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 34
Posted By Monica
Hard Drive Cloning

I've had my new computer for about a month now and am ready to clone the
hdd. I installed a internal 1TB but I think instead of using that I'm going
to use a 1TB drive that's not installed. Just...
Forum: Dell Computers October 15th 11, 11:00 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 23
Posted By Monica
Replacing Dell Inspiron 6400 Hard Drive

Thanks for the topic. I'm ready to clone my 1 month old hdd too.
I haven't read all the replies so it might have already been mentioned.
There are "how to" videos on YouTube for changing hdds and...
Forum: Dell Computers October 10th 11, 01:08 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Monica
Help!

I do remember that Bill. I can't even begin to know the what why or how.
It read fine for the first 3 times and then wouldn't boot. I didn't try
again for several days and then it booted...then...
Forum: Dell Computers October 10th 11, 08:54 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 14
Posted By Monica
Accuweather Gadget That Shipped w/ XPS 8300

I must have downloaded the wrong one the first time I read your email. I
just downloaded it again and yes, it's very much like the Dell version. I
like that it's smaller so I'm going to use that...
Forum: Dell Computers October 10th 11, 08:48 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 14
Posted By Monica
Accuweather Gadget That Shipped w/ XPS 8300

Thanks Christopher but I didn't install or even see how to install Dell
Stage onto my laptop. I wouldn't want to if I could. Not sure the laptop
could handle it.
I've got the exe on the taskbar. ...
Forum: Dell Computers October 10th 11, 08:43 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Monica
Help!

Been there done that (just recently!) I doubt our problems stemmed from the
same thing but Windows wouldn't boot for NOTHIN'! Couldn't boot from the XP
cd, couldn't chkdsk, couldn't start from...
Forum: Dell Computers October 4th 11, 07:36 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 14
Posted By Monica
Accuweather Gadget That Shipped w/ XPS 8300

Yay! I figured it out :) I'd already tried just copying the exe from the
desktop to the laptop thinking it might be a (self contained?) little gadget
but that didn't work.
So I navigated to it's...
Forum: Dell Computers October 4th 11, 05:12 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Monica
Video Issues Examples (Pictures)

So does anyone have any ideas as to why the shading isn't smooth? Color
depth is 32-bit. I thought that was a big deal with these expensive
graphics cards.

"Christopher Muto" wrote in message...
Forum: Dell Computers October 4th 11, 05:06 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 14
Posted By Monica
Accuweather Gadget That Shipped w/ XPS 8300

Steve, I know what program it is. It's an Accuweather gadget. And I know
where it is. I just don't know how (or even if I can) install it on the
laptop.

"Steve W." wrote in message...
Forum: Dell Computers October 3rd 11, 07:09 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 14
Posted By Monica
Accuweather Gadget That Shipped w/ XPS 8300

I love the clean look of this weather widget that shipped with my XPS 8300.
Would like to use it on my Inspiron i5 5010 but I can't find it on line (and
no, it's not on Accuweather.com or...
Forum: Dell Computers October 3rd 11, 04:53 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Monica
Video Issues Examples (Pictures)

I understood what you meant.
I'm running two computers right now. The XPS 420 with a compromised hdd and
my XPS 8300 i7 w/ 12GB of RAM (we all know XP can only use 3GB). The
difference is quite...
Forum: Dell Computers October 3rd 11, 04:05 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Monica
Video Issues Examples (Pictures)

My XP computer wears Nike athletic/running shoes. My Win 7 machine tries to
achieve the same level of greatness in a pair of Kate Spade high
heels...just not gonna happen, but, it looks good...
Forum: Dell Computers October 2nd 11, 07:59 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Monica
Video Issues Examples (Pictures)

Display is set to it's native resolution of 1920x1080

Display is set to True Color, 32-bit. Is this what I'm looking for?

Having video playback issues too. I don't know if it's the card or...
Forum: Dell Computers October 2nd 11, 09:32 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Monica
Video Issues Examples (Pictures)

I've added another screen display abnormality. It looks like rays of
sunshine :o Also, I've narrowed it down, at this point, to using the
Windows 7 show desktop/Peek @ Desktop option in the far...
Forum: Dell Computers October 2nd 11, 05:11 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Monica
Video Issues Examples (Pictures)

I have XPS 8300/i7 2600/12GB RAM and a Radeon 6870 video card. Monitor is
a Dell UltraSharp U2312HM 23" HD Monitor with LED
Not terribly impressed with my videos but that's another thread.
With...
Forum: Dell Computers September 27th 11, 06:43 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By Monica
Had My Fist Peak Inside My XPS 8300

Thanks guys. I'll let you know how it goes. Is there any reason I
couldn't/shouldn't take the extra SATA cable out of the 420?

"olfart" wrote in message...
Forum: Dell Computers September 26th 11, 04:06 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By Monica
Had My Fist Peak Inside My XPS 8300

Yes, I'm talking about adding a second drive. I know what the problem was.
I was seeing different pages due to being logged on. I logged out and see
what everyone else is seeing.

The directions,...
Forum: Dell Computers September 25th 11, 08:18 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By Monica
Had My Fist Peak Inside My XPS 8300

When I go he
http://support.dell.com/support/systemsinfo/document.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&~file=/systems/xps8300/en/index.htm
and click on View or HTML, I land on a page that says "we're sorry, the...
Forum: Dell Computers September 25th 11, 07:04 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By Monica
Had My Fist Peak Inside My XPS 8300

Thanks Pen. I've already been there and unless I'm just not seeing the
right topic, the info I need isn't there.

"Pen" wrote in message ...

On 9/25/2011 12:21 AM,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 312