Showing results 1 to 25 of 81
Search took 0.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Timelord
Forum: Ati Videocards November 14th 10, 02:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 1
Posted By Timelord
New to ATI

Hi all, i have just bought a laptop which is equiped with an ATI Mobility
Radeon HD4530 512mb card. Being my first ATI card i was wondering how i tell
the installed driver versions?? Does...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 21st 09, 08:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By Timelord
Nvidia PhysX??

I want to use a seperate compatible card for running PhysX. My main card is
a Zotac GTX295 and would like to fit an additional card just for PhysX.
Now my mobo is Crossfite but i understand this can...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 10th 09, 03:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 0
Posted By Timelord
9800GX2 faulty??

I think my MSI N9800GX2 card is faulty. On regular occasions the pc will
crash and Vista's problems and solutions is pointing at Video Hardware
error.
My card is 15 months old and carries a two...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards October 4th 09, 03:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 1
Posted By Timelord
GA-X48T-DQ6

Anyone out there using a Core 2 Extreme processor with this board??
The Processor i can get at a reasonable price is the QX9650 whereas i
currently use a Core 2 Quad Q9300.
On average how much...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 30th 09, 06:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By Timelord
I Think My GTX280 have problem

That picture on the link is exatly the same effect i was getting when i had
a failing 7800GS AGP card. I had it warranty exchanged and it sorted the
problem.

Phil.

"Skybuck Flying"...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 26th 09, 06:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By Timelord
Nvidia PhysX

Can someone please tell me exactly what the PyhsX does. I know you need a
minimum spec card for this to work anyway and mine is the 9800GX2 card so
therefore that is compatible.
I did watch the...
Forum: Ati Videocards June 20th 09, 04:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 3
Posted By Timelord
HD4870X2

I currently use an Nvidia 9800GX2 card but my mobo is ATI Crossfire.
Will my system run two HD4870X2 cards without any other issues.

Main System specs....

Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 mobo
Intel Core 2...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 14th 09, 09:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By Timelord
Nvidia 7950 GX2 AGP

Thanks all, i guess i got it wrong then.
It currently has a 7900GS and was wanting something a bit faster if there
are any available that is.

Phil.

"Augustus" wrote in message...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 14th 09, 03:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By Timelord
Nvidia 7950 GX2 AGP

I want to buy the above mentioned card. I know it is well out of date but i
want one for an older computer that is still used.
Does anyone know where there are any available preferably here in the...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 6th 09, 09:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By Timelord
Plasma TV

I use a 9800GX2 card which has a HDMI connector. If i connect this to my
Panasonic 42" plasma HDTV how will it perform during gaming? I currently use
an Iiyama Prolite 24" LCD Monitor which is...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards June 6th 09, 07:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 5
Posted By Timelord
Blown PSU??

Thanks everyone for all the info. I have replaced the PSU now and the PC
works as normal.

Phil.

"Paul" wrote in message
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards June 5th 09, 07:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 5
Posted By Timelord
Blown PSU??

My 500w PSU has blown on another PC i have and was wondering what the
chances are of other hardware being damaged as a result.
My spare PSU has a 24pin mobo connector whereas the blown one has a...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 23rd 09, 07:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By Timelord
NVidia and Vista - Howto prevent driver from switching to high resolutions

Also with this driver i have noticed that Windows Aero no longer functions
and is removed from the theme list.

Phil.

"Thomas Steinbach" wrote in message...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 23rd 09, 03:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By Timelord
Nvidia 3D Vision

I see that Nvidia are doing 3D Vision Glasses with a Samsung 120hz 22"
monitor to suit.
Does anyone use this set up at all and if so what do they think??

Thanks.
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 16th 09, 03:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By Timelord
Past New Driver Game Crash & Blue Screen...!

I agree with Andy regarding the heat issue. Make sure all the fans are
working or see if there is any fan control settings that might help too.

Phil.
"Andy" wrote...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 24th 09, 06:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By Timelord
Looking for a GeForce 9800 GT

I have a 9800GX2 in my machine and FSX runs very slow for some reason, about
10fps. It has an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5ghz processor and 8 gig of DDR3
PC10666 1333 ram and Vista Ultimate 64bit. I...
Forum: Ati Videocards February 22nd 09, 11:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 2
Posted By Timelord
Crossfire set up??

I am thinking of buying two HD4870X2 cards and want to connect them as a
Crossfire. My mobo is a Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 and the processor is an Intel
Core 2 Quad Q9300.
I have ample power from a...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 11th 09, 07:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By Timelord
Crysis -- unoptimized?

I have Crysis and the frame rate is low on mine too.
Here are my system specs.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5ghz
Nvidia 9800GX2
8 gig of PC3 10666 1333mhz RAM
Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 mobo

I would have...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 6th 09, 06:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By Timelord
SLi set up??

Is it possible to make 2 Nvidia cards work together on a mobo that is
Crossfire??
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 1st 09, 02:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 13
Posted By Timelord
New Card for FSX

I just tried the old Nvidia graphics driver 181.20 that i used when FSX
worked well but it made no difference. I thought 181.22 was possibly the
problem.
I get 5.2 frames per second which is crap....
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 31st 09, 04:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 13
Posted By Timelord
New Card for FSX

I too have a frame rate problem with FSX using my N9800GX2. When i first
installed it it was fine even with all settings set to Ultra High in the FSX
settings and it was really good.
Then all of a...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 31st 09, 03:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By Timelord
GTX 295

I currently use a 9800GX2 but was wondering if the new GTX295 will be much
better overall to be worth the expense.
Here is a list of my current hardware.

Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 mobo
Intel Core 2 Quad...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 26th 08, 06:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 1
Posted By Timelord
Crossfire??

I currently use an Nvidia N9800GX2 card on my system but was wondering if
fitting an ATI HD4870X2 will make an improvement on the gaming performance
as my mobo is crossfire and not SLI. If funds...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 25th 08, 07:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 9
Posted By Timelord
4870X2

As my mobo is designed for Crossfire i guess that fitting two 4870X2 cards
will make it a whole lot better then.

I think i will sell my Nvidia N9800GX2 and get two 4870X2's instead.
On the subject...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 24th 08, 10:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 0
Posted By Timelord
4870X2

I am currently using an Nvidia N9800GX2 but would like to fit a ATI 4870X2
as it seems to be a bit faster and i got the Nvidia in haste as my mobo
supports crossfire and i may wish to add an...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 81