Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.91 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Shawk
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 1st 06, 02:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By Shawk
6800 GT funny display

Terry wrote:
I have had a 6800 GT for about a year now. I have started noticing
some sparkles around the border of objects.

One example is playing Unreal Tournament 2004. Some of the...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 30th 06, 11:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg
Replies: 14
Posted By Shawk
CryTek's CRYSIS running on Nvidia G80 ~ GeForce 8 Series (NV50)

Rob wrote:
On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 22:32:15 +0000, Shawk
wrote:

I think I'd load it up go WOW! and wonder around pushing branches back
and shooting trees down for...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 30th 06, 11:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By Shawk
PCI Latency Tool

Ron Overdrive wrote:
I know this is gonna sound odd, but anyone know where I can find PCI
Latency Tool 2.3 or 2.6? The current 3.1 isn't detecting my AGP 6600GT
and I'm getting a bit of...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 30th 06, 10:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg
Replies: 14
Posted By Shawk
CryTek's CRYSIS running on Nvidia G80 ~ GeForce 8 Series (NV50)

JAB wrote:
Shawk wrote:
AirRaid wrote:
fly-through
http://totalcrysis.filecloud.com/files/file.php?user_file_id=282780

fly-through gameplay
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 30th 06, 07:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg

AirRaid wrote:
fly-through
http://totalcrysis.filecloud.com/files/file.php?user_file_id=282780

fly-through gameplay
http://totalcrysis.filecloud.com/files/file.php?user_file_id=282787
Forum: Ati Videocards October 21st 06, 10:52 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,rec.video.desktop
Replies: 16
Posted By Shawk
MONITOR SCREEN SAGS: Could this be a DRIVER issue? (Dell CRT21" D1626HT)

SCREEN SAG wrote:
V Green wrote:
Look for source of magnetism near monitor.

Personal fan, other appliances, etc.

Move monitor to different spot (as far away from
original spot as...
Forum: Ati Videocards October 15th 06, 02:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 16
Posted By Shawk
RAM question.. please help if you can

www.ttdown.com wrote:
just installed a ATi x1600 video card the other day.. so I dont think
its the graphics :)

Hmm... which graphics card did you have before this recent upgrade?
Forum: Ati Videocards October 14th 06, 03:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 16
Posted By Shawk
RAM question.. please help if you can

Barry Watzman wrote:
***IF*** your motherboard & chipset support dual channel memory (big
if), then you made a mistake by configuring the system with any memory
configuration other than in...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 7th 06, 07:25 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.intel,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.xbox
Replies: 10
Posted By Shawk
best realtime tornado in a game

Rumba wrote:
Agreed, this game is taking graphics and physics to the next level.

It'll be impressive if it adds to the gameplay and isn't just a tech
interest...
Forum: Intel October 7th 06, 07:25 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure,comp.sys.intel,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.xbox
Replies: 9

Rumba wrote:
Agreed, this game is taking graphics and physics to the next level.

It'll be impressive if it adds to the gameplay and isn't just a tech
interest...
Forum: Ati Videocards August 10th 06, 09:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 17
Posted By Shawk
ATI Radeon are rubbish - official.

Fred wrote:
Bazzer Smith wrote:
"Fred" wrote in message
"Bazzer Smith" wrote in message
Forum: Ati Videocards August 10th 06, 09:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 16
Posted By Shawk
ATI .. R.I.P --AMD is droping ATI brand name (?)

Agent_C wrote:
On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:31:05 +0200, "M. Ziegler"
wrote:

Hi

I never had problems with ATI drivers. Never had texture shimmering.

Than you never...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 2nd 06, 09:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Replies: 13
Posted By Shawk
Is Nvdia GeForce FX 5200 good enough for my purposes?

wrote:
Not a gaming nut but have some older games I've had lying around and
decided to give a try. Myth II Demo, Hitman2 (demo? Came bundled with
an Audigy sound card),...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 29th 06, 06:37 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg
Replies: 78
Posted By Shawk
Merged AMD-ATI monster embarks on monopoly-busting

Walter Mitty wrote:
dizzy writes:

Walter Mitty wrote:

"Allan C Cybulskie" writes:
No, you missed mine.
No, I didnt....
Forum: General July 29th 06, 06:37 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg
Replies: 79
Posted By Shawk
Merged AMD-ATI monster embarks on monopoly-busting

Walter Mitty wrote:
dizzy writes:

Walter Mitty wrote:

"Allan C Cybulskie" writes:
No, you missed mine.
No, I didnt....
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 27th 06, 09:56 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg
Replies: 78
Posted By Shawk
Merged AMD-ATI monster embarks on monopoly-busting

shegeek72 wrote:
Shawk wrote:

Link?

What link? Do some research on .Net and you'll find that's true.

I didn't claim it was obsolete, a failure and didn't get widespread
acceptance and...
Forum: General July 27th 06, 09:56 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg

shegeek72 wrote:
Shawk wrote:

Link?

What link? Do some research on .Net and you'll find that's true.

I didn't claim it was obsolete, a failure and didn't get widespread
acceptance and...
Forum: General July 27th 06, 12:08 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg
Replies: 79
Posted By Shawk
Merged AMD-ATI monster embarks on monopoly-busting

wrote:
Benjamin Gawert wrote:

And the reason is?

1. It's typical Microshaft bloatware.
2. It screwed up my desktop, that I spent a couple hours customizing
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 27th 06, 12:08 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg

wrote:
Benjamin Gawert wrote:

And the reason is?

1. It's typical Microshaft bloatware.
2. It screwed up my desktop, that I spent a couple hours customizing
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 25th 06, 05:25 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg
Replies: 78
Posted By Shawk
Merged AMD-ATI monster embarks on monopoly-busting

magnate wrote:
Benjamin Gawert wrote:
* shegeek72:

But will they get rid of the stupid and outdated .Net requirement to
d/l ATI drivers?
What problems do you have with .NET?

Forum: General July 25th 06, 05:25 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg

magnate wrote:
Benjamin Gawert wrote:
* shegeek72:

But will they get rid of the stupid and outdated .Net requirement to
d/l ATI drivers?
What problems do you have with .NET?

Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 25th 06, 12:50 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg
Replies: 78
Posted By Shawk
Merged AMD-ATI monster embarks on monopoly-busting

Garth wrote:
"AirRaid" wrote in message

http://theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=33230

Intel...
Forum: General July 25th 06, 12:50 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg