Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 0.37 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Percival P. Cassidy[_2_]
Forum: General September 15th 11, 09:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Misleading power-supply test result

I had an Antec Neo-HE 550 p/s in a machine that died a couple years ago
after a severe thunderstorm. Used my CoolMax power supply tester, which
showed that the 3.3v line was bad. This tester shows...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 13th 11, 02:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 1
A8N-E + 4GB RAM

I just re-purposed an old machine with the Asus A8N-E for use as a DIY
Network Attached Storage device. I upped the memory to 4GB of DDR400 ECC
RAM (four identical modules), but now POST reports...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 31st 11, 10:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 1
M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3: Problem with new video driver

I allowed Microsoft to install the HD 4250 driver on my Win7Pro machine,
and all seemed fine until I wanted to wake the machine up from sleep:
the machine itself seemed to wake up (as indicated by...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 30th 11, 08:07 PM Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.home.repair
Replies: 121
Name of plug in US

On 04/30/11 01:23 pm, Stephen wrote:
PAL refers to the type of analogueTV standard rather than he type of
connector

There are at least three analogue TV broadcast systems, PAL, (Phase
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 8th 11, 11:53 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 68
Hitachi to sell HDD unit to Western Digital

On 03/07/11 09:28 pm, Franc Zabkar wrote:

http://e.nikkei.com/e/fr/tnks/Nni20110307D07JF795.htm

"Hitachi Ltd. will sell its wholly owned hard disk drive business to
U.S. company Western...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 3rd 11, 08:48 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 11
Is my hard disk failing and how to replace it?

On 03/03/11 01:51 pm, Jennifer Murphy wrote:

I did some reading in the archives and found several suggestions to
use Everest Home Edition. I downloaded it, but am not sure which
options...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 3rd 11, 05:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3: disabling IDE disabled wireless NIC

On 02/03/11 12:27 pm, Foke wrote:

I set this Windows 7 Pro machine up originally with an IDE optical
drive. A couple days ago I added an SATA optical drive, but instead of
removing or...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 3rd 11, 02:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3: disabling IDE disabled wireless NIC

I set this Windows 7 Pro machine up originally with an IDE optical
drive. A couple days ago I added an SATA optical drive, but instead of
removing or disconnecting the IDE drive I simply disabled...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 5th 11, 12:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 0
M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 + 965 BE -- overclocking question

M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3
965 Black Edition CPU with standard AMD-supplied heat sink and fan
4GB G.Skill 7-8-7-24 RAM

How fast is it safe/recommended to overclock this combination?

Perce
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 21st 10, 02:52 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 43
Windows on C:, and apps on D:?

On 10/21/10 06:08 am, Bob Willard wrote:

Fundamentally, the registry is a database, and it fails the ACID test
of database management design: Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation
and...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 10th 10, 07:25 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 14
A 300-Watt USB plug?

On 10/09/10 06:19 pm, Robert Redelmeier wrote:

snip

The current 500mA @ 5V is 'way light. It is rather silly that
2.5"HDs can be USB powered, but 3.5"HDs need an external source.

Don't 3,5"...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 5th 10, 04:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 16
What is the best ASUS Mainboard?

On 10/04/10 12:06 pm, Arno wrote:

Avoid Asus. Their engineering has started to suck pretty
badly in the last few years. Warranty replacements take
6-8 weeks. Prices are far to high for what...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 1st 10, 04:21 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 9
Where to buy a screw driver head with 6-nodes?

On 09/30/10 09:52 pm, mm wrote:

I have to open an external HD enclosure with unusual screws. They have
6 nodes like flowers and is rather small. My toolkit does not have it.
It looks like...
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 30th 10, 05:10 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 10
Kingston 2 gb SD card has just 1.83 gb in WinXP, exaggeration?

On 09/30/10 07:09 am, Arno wrote:

They have been doing that for decades now, clearly stated in their datasheets.

I have never noticed that. All the hard-disks I bought did NOT come...
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 10th 10, 03:42 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 19
Any really good, reliable, easy to use disk imaging programsfor Win 7/64bit?

On 09/09/10 07:48 pm, Smarty wrote:

I have been using Acronis True Image 2010 and most of the earlier
versions for many years, and am finding the latest version to be buggy
and the user...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 11th 10, 03:40 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 39
Intel 160 GB ssd drive now $425

On 08/05/10 01:32 pm, Timothy Daniels wrote:

Intel 160 GB ssd drive now $425:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167017

OK, this is getting very close to my buy...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 27th 10, 02:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 RTC Boot Problem

On 07/26/10 04:50 pm, rfleet wrote:

My MB refuses to boot from the Samsung HDD attached to any SATA port
until the RTC is reset then it boots OK and works normally until the
next time it is...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 18th 10, 05:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
"No device!"

On 06/18/10 11:14 am, TM wrote:

Having now added a fourth internal SATA hd to a machine built around
an M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3, I get a "No device!" message at boot-up, but
everything seems to...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 16th 10, 07:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
"No device!"

Having now added a fourth internal SATA hd to a machine built around an
M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3, I get a "No device!" message at boot-up, but
everything seems to work fine.

Could this simply be because...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 12th 10, 11:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 -- O.C. Tuner problem

On 06/12/10 03:47 pm, Paul wrote:

I've tried the O.C. Tuner feature in the BIOS, but I don't see
anything happening: the machine boots into Windows 7, apparently as
usual, and then nothing...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 12th 10, 06:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 -- O.C. Tuner problem

I've tried the O.C. Tuner feature in the BIOS, but I don't see anything
happening: the machine boots into Windows 7, apparently as usual, and
then nothing else happens. Even if it can't improve on...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 9th 10, 02:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Memory for M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3

On 06/02/10 09:57 am, I wrote:

Anybody using a M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 yet? Any recommendations for memory?
More particularly, I suppose, anything that -- even though on the QVL --
did *not* work...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 6th 10, 11:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 2
M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 -- AHCI problem, and 32-bit Win7 SATA driverswon't update

On 06/06/10 05:18 pm, andy wrote:

I installed Win7Pro on this machine with the SATA Controller in IDE mode
and have been trying to get it going in AHCI mode: I've tried the
official...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 6th 10, 09:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 2
M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 -- AHCI problem, and 32-bit Win7 SATA driverswon't update

I installed Win7Pro on this machine with the SATA Controller in IDE mode
and have been trying to get it going in AHCI mode: I've tried the
official Microsoft method -- change msahci Start to 0,...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 2nd 10, 02:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Memory for M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3

Anybody using a M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 yet? Any recommendations for memory?
More particularly, I suppose, anything that -- even though on the QVL --
did *not* work well?

Perce
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25