Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: kenk
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 14th 09, 10:41 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 44
Posted By kenk
Battery backup: problem with my APC?

I was sitting at my desk yesterday during a storm when there was a
split-second power outage. Despite the fact that my battery shows all 5
lights lit, the computer died.

Is there a better brand...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors April 1st 09, 06:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 6
Posted By kenk
Phenom 8750 and cooling requirements

pokey man wrote:
"kenk" wrote in message
I am going to be building my first AMD-based computer. I have settled
on the 8750--it...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors March 31st 09, 07:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 6
Posted By kenk
Phenom 8750 and cooling requirements

I am going to be building my first AMD-based computer. I have settled
on the 8750--it will be used mainly in a business environment without
gaming, so it will not be very "stressed".

What kind of...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 31st 09, 07:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By kenk
CPU cooler retention clip for AMD AM+ socket

Dave wrote:
"kenk" wrote in message
For some reason unknown to myself I have decided to put together an AMD
system "just for the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 31st 09, 05:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By kenk
CPU cooler retention clip for AMD AM+ socket

For some reason unknown to myself I have decided to put together an AMD
system "just for the experience".

With Intel 775 sockets, the retention mechanism sucks, so I have used a
Thermalright...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 25th 09, 06:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By kenk
Graphics card with DVI output to run business apps on 24" monitor,preferably without a fan

Mike Painter wrote:
kenk wrote:
Dave wrote:
"kenk" wrote in message
I will be building a quiet system and would like to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 25th 09, 12:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By kenk
Graphics card with DVI output to run business apps on 24" monitor,preferably without a fan

Dave wrote:
"kenk" wrote in message
I will be building a quiet system and would like to have a quiet video
card to run just...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 24th 09, 07:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By kenk
Graphics card with DVI output to run business apps on 24" monitor,preferably without a fan

I will be building a quiet system and would like to have a quiet video
card to run just business apps (no gaming, no CAD). I have seen that
many of the larger displays just have DVI output now. ...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 24th 09, 08:29 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 15
Posted By kenk
Do SD/MMC memory slots need driver updates to read SDHC memorycards?

Rod Speed wrote:
ken wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:
ken wrote:
I have just purchased a Canon digitalcamera. I have an 8GB HP SD
High Capacity memory card that I have used but with some...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 24th 09, 07:19 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 15
Posted By kenk
Do SD/MMC memory slots need driver updates to read SDHC memorycards?

Eric Gisin wrote:
"ken" wrote in message
Grant wrote:
On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 22:04:33 -0800, ken ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 27th 09, 09:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By kenk
Planning a small desktop/under desktop system

TVeblen wrote:
"ken" wrote in message
TVeblen wrote:
"ken" wrote in message