Showing results 1 to 25 of 34
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ken
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 1st 09, 02:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By ken
CPU cooler retention clip for AMD AM+ socket

Dave wrote:
Thanks, Dave

You wouldn't happen to know if the Phenom 8750 comes with the monster
cooler that you describe for the 9850, do you?

I don't know, but I'd say there is a...
Forum: Asus Motherboards March 26th 09, 06:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 1
Posted By ken
How do I screen the website in order to find features I want on aboard?

I would like an Intel board similar to the AMD board M3A78-T. It would
be for a Core 2 duo (socket 775) with good onboard video (DVI connector)
with lots of USB ports in ATX format. I can't seem...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 22nd 09, 01:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By ken
Planning a new quiet, home, mid-range system for business apps,no games...

Mike Painter wrote:
ken wrote:
I suppose I could purchase a Dell or HP, but I prefer the process of
putting a system together.

Nothing wrong with that as long as you are not worried...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 21st 09, 10:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By ken
Planning a new quiet, home, mid-range system for business apps,no games...

Dave wrote:
"ken" wrote in message
I want to build a small, quiet system for my wife, who does only basic
business apps and online...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 21st 09, 06:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By ken
Planning a new quiet, home, mid-range system for business apps,no games...

I want to build a small, quiet system for my wife, who does only basic
business apps and online access. One of the last systems I built was
for myself last year with an Antec 182 case, e8400 CPU,...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 26th 09, 05:13 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 15
Posted By ken
Do SD/MMC memory slots need driver updates to read SDHC memorycards?

Eric Gisin wrote:
"kenk" wrote in message
Rod Speed wrote:
Hmmmm.... So how does one determine how large a card an internal...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 24th 09, 03:23 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 15
Posted By ken
Do SD/MMC memory slots need driver updates to read SDHC memorycards?

Grant wrote:
On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 22:04:33 -0800, ken wrote:

Rod Speed wrote:
ken wrote:
I have just purchased a Canon digitalcamera. I have an 8GB HP SD High
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 24th 09, 07:04 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Rod Speed wrote:
ken wrote:
I have just purchased a Canon digitalcamera. I have an 8GB HP SD High
Capacity memory card that I have used but with some problems. Like
the 32MB card that...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 24th 09, 05:57 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 15
Posted By ken
Do SD/MMC memory slots need driver updates to read SDHC memory cards?

I have just purchased a Canon digitalcamera. I have an 8GB HP SD High
Capacity memory card that I have used but with some problems. Like the
32MB card that came with the camera, the 8 GB memory...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 28th 09, 06:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By ken
Planning a small desktop/under desktop system

TVeblen wrote:
"kenk" wrote in message
TVeblen wrote:
"ken" wrote in message
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 27th 09, 03:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 0
Posted By ken
Any older style ATX mb with DVI?

I have an old PC Power and Cooling Sleekline PC whose form factor I like
2" x 18" x 15". It has an AOpen MX4GR mb and a 2gHz Pentium 4 cpu. It
is vintage 2003 or 2004. I know that since then,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 27th 09, 03:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By ken
Planning a small desktop/under desktop system

Same Guy wrote:
Mon, 26 Jan 2009 21:28:23 -0800: written by ken :

Only because it is relatively slow now, I want to replace a slick 2" x
18" x 18" PC Power and Cooling...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 27th 09, 03:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

TVeblen wrote:
"ken" wrote in message
Only because it is relatively slow now, I want to replace a slick 2" x
18" x 18" PC Power...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 27th 09, 03:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By ken
Planning a small desktop/under desktop system

Bill wrote:
In article ,
says...
Only because it is relatively slow now, I want to replace a slick 2" x
18" x 18" PC Power and Cooling...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 27th 09, 06:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By ken
Planning a small desktop/under desktop system

Only because it is relatively slow now, I want to replace a slick 2" x
18" x 18" PC Power and Cooling system called Sleekline that they made a
number of years ago. It mounts very nicely in the leg...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 5th 09, 06:32 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 22
Posted By ken
CHKDSK runs after reboot following defragmentation (no boxes

Gary Brandenburg wrote:
"ken" wrote in message ...
Gary Brandenburg wrote:
"ken" wrote in message...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 4th 09, 11:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 22
Posted By ken
CHKDSK runs after reboot following defragmentation (no boxes

Rod Speed wrote:
Gary Brandenburg wrote:
"ken" wrote in message
Rod Speed wrote:
ken wrote
Rod Speed wrote
ken...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 4th 09, 11:48 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 22
Posted By ken
CHKDSK runs after reboot following defragmentation (no boxes

Gary Brandenburg wrote:
"ken" wrote in message ...
Rod Speed wrote:
ken wrote
Rod Speed wrote
ken wrote
Rod Speed...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 4th 09, 03:39 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 22
Posted By ken
CHKDSK runs after reboot following defragmentation (no boxes

Rod Speed wrote:
ken wrote
Rod Speed wrote
ken wrote
Rod Speed wrote
ken wrote

Win XP Pro SP3+

Recently, after I defrag my disks, chkdsk sets itself to run,
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 3rd 09, 09:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Rod Speed wrote:
Rod Speed wrote
ken wrote
Rod Speed wrote
ken wrote

Win XP Pro SP3+

Recently, after I defrag my disks, chkdsk sets itself to run,
sometimes with...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 3rd 09, 09:52 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Rod Speed wrote:
ken wrote
Rod Speed wrote
ken wrote

Win XP Pro SP3+

Recently, after I defrag my disks, chkdsk sets itself to run,
sometimes with just three stages...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 3rd 09, 08:51 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Rod Speed wrote:
ken wrote:

Win XP Pro SP3+

Recently, after I defrag my disks, chkdsk sets itself to run,
sometimes with just three stages (verifying files, indexes, and security...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 3rd 09, 07:20 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 22
Posted By ken
CHKDSK runs after reboot following defragmentation (no boxes selected):how to stop?

Win XP Pro SP3+

Recently, after I defrag my disks, chkdsk sets itself to run, sometimes
with just three stages (verifying files, indexes, and security
descriptors) but not infrequently it runs 5...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 3rd 09, 07:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By ken
Slow new system--how do I check for mechanical performance problem?

TVeblen wrote:
"ken" wrote in message
TVeblen wrote:
"ken" wrote in message
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 3rd 09, 05:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By ken
Slow new system--how do I check for mechanical performance problem?

Peter wrote:
In article , says...
I built a system about 4-5 months ago based on an Intel DP35DP mb with 4
GB RAM and a Core2Duo cpu running...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 34