Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Harry[_7_]
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 6th 10, 08:13 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage
Replies: 22
Posted By Harry[_7_]
Strong physical USB flash drive/sticks with a keychain hole?

On Aug 3, 2:55*am, Ant wrote:
Hello.

I have a client who is currently disappointed with his two last USB
flash drives/sticks that broke from their keychain holes due to...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 29th 09, 11:27 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 14
Posted By Harry[_7_]
cleaning a SATA drive

On Oct 29, 6:00*am, Arno wrote:

3. slipstream XP CD with the SATA HDD driver, using nLite.
* Boot test your XP CD as to confirm it can see your SATA HDD.

Forum: Storage (alternative) August 28th 09, 10:10 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 66
Posted By Harry[_7_]
Anyone hear about the exFAT file system, the successor to FAT32?

On Aug 28, 11:21*am, Yousuf Khan wrote:
Came across this article the other day, it's a description of
Microsoft's latest FAT file system driver, meant mainly for use with the
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 20th 09, 02:49 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By Harry[_7_]
Backup Software needed - keep directory structure

On Aug 19, 10:14*am, PorBar wrote:
We need to scheduke daily back ups of certain folders to an external
USB drive. When we look at the folders (directory tree) on the USB
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 17th 09, 07:26 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 12
Posted By Harry[_7_]
A fast trick that did not work

On Jul 17, 12:44*am, Lars wrote:

But please gentlemen, stick to the subject.

I am on topic ... and you're not ...

Subject:
A fast trick that did not work.

Problem:
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 17th 09, 03:37 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 12
Posted By Harry[_7_]
A fast trick that did not work

On Jul 16, 11:21*am, Lars wrote:
Hi group,

Background; A friend has a Fujitsu Siemens laptop with an 80 GB HD.
There are only abt 12 GB files and folders on it, but still...
Forum: Storage (alternative) May 4th 09, 09:05 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Replies: 3
Posted By Harry[_7_]
dos/standalone data recovery software that can access usb flash?

On May 4, 11:34*am, poster wrote:
fat hdd with bad mbr needs to backed up to flash but most of Hirens
recovery tools do not see flash at all, so any ideas wellcome.Booting
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 14th 09, 12:06 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 23
Posted By Harry[_7_]
Shredding deleted files

On Mar 13, 3:47*pm, wrote:

I am selling my old hardware. I already shredded all recent sensitive
information from my hard disk.

Get a Knoppix boot CD, boot it up, and run...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 25th 09, 09:37 PM Posted to alt.msdos.batch.nt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 6
Posted By Harry[_7_]
batch command for removable drive letter assignment

On Feb 25, 12:35*pm, "Tom Del Rosso" wrote:
I have a net drive letter that conflicts with some removable drives, and
changing the net drive is problematic.

Could there...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 24th 09, 06:25 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 15
Posted By Harry[_7_]
Do SD/MMC memory slots need driver updates to read SDHC memorycards?

On Feb 23, 8:57*pm, ken wrote:
[...]

To answer your question on your subjectline, yes.
Just google it.
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 8th 09, 07:18 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 16
Posted By Harry[_7_]
Can I split off a new partition after I installed my Win 98SE OS?

On Feb 7, 8:45*pm, DJW wrote:
So basically back to square one. Is True Image a shareware
application?

Google "freeware partition resize" pointed to here.

EASEUS Partition...

On Feb 7, 8:45*pm, DJW wrote:
So basically back to square one. Is True Image a shareware
application?

Google "freeware partition resize" pointed to here.

EASEUS Partition...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 6th 09, 10:39 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 16
Posted By Harry[_7_]
Can I split off a new partition after I installed my Win 98SE OS?

On Feb 6, 1:51*pm, DJW wrote:
[...]
I went and found a freeware program called
Cute Partition Manager file name cpm.exe. Does anyone think it is ok
to use? So far I have...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 26th 09, 12:51 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 12
Posted By Harry[_7_]
Help - Looking to defrag folders under XP

On Jan 25, 3:38*pm, BD wrote:
Hi, all.

I have 2 different external USB hard disks, one 3.5" under NTFS, and
one 2.5" under FAT32. I'm running XP SP2.

I really want...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 25th 09, 11:24 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 10
Posted By Harry[_7_]
can't eject usb drive

On Jan 24, 12:50*pm, "Tom Del Rosso" wrote:
Curious... *Sometimes I try to eject my USB drive and I get "can't be
stopped right now". *Filemon says nothing is accessing...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 13th 09, 12:04 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 10
Posted By Harry[_7_]
Solid State disk for a desktop system C drive?

On Jan 12, 3:36*pm, (Al Dykes) wrote:
Is there any reason why I shouldn't use a sold state disk as a C drive
on a high performance desktop system? 36GB would make a fine C...
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 24th 08, 05:49 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By Harry[_7_]
Imaging software from a USB thumb drive

On Sep 24, 7:18*am, "Jim" wrote:

So my question to the groups (posted in 2 or 3) is have any of you come
across any imaging software that does boot without any...
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 24th 08, 05:35 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

On Sep 24, 7:18*am, "Jim" wrote:

So my question to the groups (posted in 2 or 3) is have any of you come
across any imaging software that does boot without any...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 27th 08, 09:09 PM Posted to alt.backup-software,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,24hoursupport.helpdesk,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 23
Posted By Harry[_7_]
Please recommend backup software for xp x64 that is quick.

On Aug 27, 11:51*am, wrreisen2 wrote:
Please recommend backup software for xp x64 that is quick. I have been
using the built in Windows backup software but it is so slow...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 22nd 08, 07:34 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By Harry[_7_]
Sandisk cruzer micro for Windows 98se

On Aug 22, 10:29*am, chrisv wrote:
wrote:
After purchasing Sandisk cruzer micro 2GB (for data transfer only) for
use in WIN 98SE machine,...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20