Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 2.52 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bill Smith
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 21st 07, 12:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill Smith
Problems with Via hd driver from MS update for P4C800 E deluxe

sorry, it wasn't my nForce board, it was an Intel board: P4PE

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 06:05:17 GMT, Bill Smith wrote:

I noticed a via driver for my nForce board, Asus A8N-E...I...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 20th 07, 06:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill Smith
Problems with Via hd driver from MS update for P4C800 E deluxe

I noticed a via driver for my nForce board, Asus A8N-E...I reluctantly
put it in the "never remind me again" section...as this board does not
contain anything related to VIA...

Know your hardware...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 12th 07, 03:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Bill Smith
Deleting Raid-0 array after motherboard dies....

As soon as I load disk management, i am prompted with the dynamic disk
wizard and xp wants to install something. After I cancel these
prompts, one drive shows up as not initialized and I cannot...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 12th 07, 03:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Bill Smith
Deleting Raid-0 array after motherboard dies....

I would rather not use a third party tool and also, Disk management
cannot initialize both drives...only one...I thought that was wierd. i
keep getting prompted with a disk management wizard for...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 12th 07, 03:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Bill Smith
Deleting Raid-0 array after motherboard dies....

Ya,thats sounds like it will work. Hopefully it will remove the boot
sector with the raid info...

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 16:18:18 -0800, "DaveW"
wrote:

You need to install the...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 11th 07, 02:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Bill Smith
Deleting Raid-0 array after motherboard dies....

I want to use my 2 Sata seagates in another system, non Intel Raid,
but Nvidia Raid.

Problem is that the drives have been set with Intel Raid and I cannot
use that board to delete the array.

I...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 6th 07, 04:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 1
Posted By Bill Smith
A8N-E Boot Issues

Do you have a Sata2 drive installed ? Also, there is some tech at Asus
about a bios upgrade because some PCI-E video cards hang the boot
proccess...

My boot problem, same board, was my Sata2 drive....
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 1st 07, 04:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Smith
A8N-E support...

Ed, what voltage are you running those dims at ?

Stock voltage, 2.8v.

Initially, I ran mine at "SPD", but I don't think that the voltage
gets set correctly...HOWEVER, if one is running SPD...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 30th 07, 05:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 13
Posted By Bill Smith
Please help with Hard drive on Asus motherboard-Wont install windows XP

A happy ending...too cool !

On 28 Jan 2007 17:16:38 -0800, wrote:

I would like to thank everyone for their advice and wisdom in helping
me to fix this computer error.
The...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 30th 07, 05:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Smith
A8N-E support...

Thanx for the info, I have a few more questions, so please keep
reading...

My HD Tach v3.010 scores, (No OCing, 2GB PC3200, WinXP pro))

CPU Drive ms CPU% Avg ...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 28th 07, 03:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 21
Posted By Bill Smith
Reboots since installing an XFX 7950

Might not be related, but when my sons fan died on his video card, it
would re-boot at random...usually while he was gaming ! He ran it like
that for about 2 months. I replaced the fan and he's still...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 28th 07, 03:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 13
Posted By Bill Smith
Please help with Hard drive on Asus motherboard-Wont install windows XP

I'm not sure what chipset is on the MV2, but if it is nForce chipset,
there is documented issues with Maxtor Hard drives and Sata2 !
You did not mention if the drive is Sata1 Sata2 or IDE/ATA...But...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 28th 07, 03:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Smith
A8N-E support...

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 00:35:19 GMT, Robert Hancock
wrote:

Good points RH...me thinks I got double wammed here. hopefully I can
get some testing done tonight. I suspect a...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 28th 07, 03:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Smith
A8N-E support...

Yes, it's a genuine Seagate OEM drive. The flash from Seagate tech
took no problem and solved the stalled boot issues...The flash would
only work with my drives serial number...

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 28th 07, 03:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Smith
A8N-E support...

This is what i'm hoping to hear, thanx Ed...

My Seagate (250mb sata2) was the first model released with
perpendicular recording. A friend of mine, also using A8N-E and the
same 320 mb drive you...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 27th 07, 06:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 13
Posted By Bill Smith
Please help with Hard drive on Asus motherboard-Wont install windows XP

Oh, I must add that you only need XP-SP1 installation cd-rom to
install on HDD bigger than 137mb. I would not use third party utility
as the other posted mentioned...

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 06:22:03...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 27th 07, 06:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 13
Posted By Bill Smith
Please help with Hard drive on Asus motherboard-Wont install windows XP

Is it an nForce 4 motherboard ? (whats the tag: ie: A8N-E). Also, what
make is the hard drive (Maxtor ?) and is it a Sata2 drive ?

This info is important.

On 26 Jan 2007 18:22:29 -0800,...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 27th 07, 06:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Smith
A8N-E support...

It's wierd...memtest errors showed up once, so I bumped up the voltage
to 2.8v, which are spec for Ballistics. I set the memory to auto and
have not received another error in memtest86. But that...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 27th 07, 05:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Smith
A8N-E support...

I do not install the raid drivers. They are Nvidia ide storage driver,
which I have tested with and without. I had never installed the IDE
SW drivers that are required for raid feature.

On Sat,...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 26th 07, 11:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Smith
A8N-E support...

I have a Seagate Sata2 HDD with this new installation. I have flashed
the drive to the latest firmware(3aaE) and having a heck of a time
trying to get this system running stable. I've tried so...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 24th 07, 05:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 16
Posted By Bill Smith
Best Intel Core Duo Motherboard

For what you want to do ? Probably...I believe the AM2 fx62 may come
close...may...

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 22:46:10 -0600, "edde"
wrote:

"Bob Martin" ...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 24th 07, 05:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill Smith
Stuttering in games when P4PE S-ATA controller access harddisk

memtest86 ? See what you get...Wouldn't hurt to rule it out, but it
sounds like a controler / driver issue...

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 04:13:25 +0100, Lars-Erik Østerud .@. wrote:

troop wrote:

Forum: Asus Motherboards January 24th 07, 05:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By Bill Smith
Best Intel Core Duo

Are you considering SLI ? That is something to wiegh in as well...
You know with the "BADAXE2" you will get a solid performer, expect
more tweaking with the Nvidia chipset. Personally, i would...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 19th 07, 04:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Bill Smith
A8NX vs. A8N-E

A8N-e supports Sata2...even faster ! Just make sure you do some
research and get one that is compatible. Maxtor Sata2 drives do not
play nice with NForce Sata2 on the A8N-e and I am having issues...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 19th 07, 04:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill Smith
A8N-E and Sata2...Hit or Miss ?

Yes, I have read elswhere that the WD drives have no issues with
NForce4 Ultra... The biggest conflict occurs with the Maxtor
drives...it seems to be something specific with...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 36