Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dot Net Developer
Forum: Printers May 30th 07, 05:55 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 0
Posted By Dot Net Developer
Paper 'pinch marks' problem

Got new HP Photosmart printer.
Feeding it HP paper; have set paper settings accordingly.
When pages emerge from printer, each page has 2 'pinch marks' (dents)
on them.
Anything I can do to fix...
Forum: Printers April 7th 07, 06:07 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 17
Posted By Dot Net Developer
What is hagaki paper?

On 7 Apr, 17:35, davy wrote:
Don't know if it's related to this guy and the first Japanese paper
money .... sound's about the same though, see-:
'2-1'...
Forum: Printers April 7th 07, 03:24 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 17
Posted By Dot Net Developer
What is hagaki paper?

Bought a new printer. One of the paper settings is Hagaki. What is
this paper? What does it look like?

Also, I have some paper that is (intentionally) not smooth. I think
it may be called...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 7th 06, 01:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 12
Posted By Dot Net Developer
Might have broken my Radeon 9700pro graphics card!

First of One wrote:
The pin that appeared to be missing, what is its function?

Using your URL reference on wikipedia, it is pin number 9, and its
function appears to be "not connected".

Regards,...
Forum: Dell Computers December 6th 06, 09:51 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Dot Net Developer
Memory upgrade for Dell Optiplex GX100

Jay B wrote:
no, sorry to mislead you.
cl2=higher speed than cl3. that is clock cycles.

Thanks for the clarification. I will email tech support and ask them
about compatibility issues between...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 6th 06, 09:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 12
Posted By Dot Net Developer
Might have broken my Radeon 9700pro graphics card!

Michael W. Ryder wrote:
Two other things to look at is to check the cable to make sure that none
of the pins got damaged and to unplug the video card and plug it back in.

Done both! I even...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 6th 06, 09:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 12
Posted By Dot Net Developer
Might have broken my Radeon 9700pro graphics card!

Tom Scales wrote:
I suspect it is overheating.

That's interesting as you're the 2nd person to suggest this.

I've had a closer look now and can see the fan turning on the GPU, and
although I was...
Forum: Dell Computers December 6th 06, 09:17 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Dot Net Developer
Memory upgrade for Dell Optiplex GX100

Jay B wrote:
... CL2 low density ...

Ah, CL2 = low density. Presumably CL3 = high density, and that could
be what I bought.
Forum: Ati Videocards December 6th 06, 09:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 12
Posted By Dot Net Developer
Might have broken my Radeon 9700pro graphics card!

I've had the card for over 3 years without any problems. However very
recently, I unplugged and plugged back in the HD15 cable, and it's then
that I must have damaged the card in some way.

I'm...
Forum: Dell Computers December 6th 06, 08:49 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Dot Net Developer
Memory upgrade for Dell Optiplex GX100

Jay B wrote:
what led you to buy that particular memory module?

Um, I kind of guessed really. Here's the web page...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 6th 06, 08:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 12
Posted By Dot Net Developer
Might have broken my Radeon 9700pro graphics card!

Michael W. Ryder wrote:
Have you checked the temperature of your video card?

How can I do that please? (Would this be a BIOS thing?)

It gets very hot, especially doing anything graphics...
Forum: Dell Computers December 6th 06, 08:07 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Dot Net Developer
Memory upgrade for Dell Optiplex GX100

Pen wrote:
Do you have another machine to test it in?

I'm afraid I don't.

It sounds like it's defective.

It's new memory, but it could be defective as you suggest..
Forum: Ati Videocards December 6th 06, 07:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 12
Posted By Dot Net Developer
Might have broken my Radeon 9700pro graphics card!

When I use my computer, the screen is all messed up with either mauve
or green messy splodgy graphics. I can still use my PC, but the
display is messed up.

At first I thought it was the HD15...
Forum: Dell Computers December 6th 06, 07:34 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Dot Net Developer
Memory upgrade for Dell Optiplex GX100

I have an old Dell computer - it's an Optiplex GX100. I've bought some
new memory for it, but it won't work.

When I power on the computer, it beeps and beeps and nothing happens.
When I revert back...
Forum: Printers November 6th 06, 10:33 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By Dot Net Developer
Anyone own an Epson D88+ printer?

Hi,

Wondering if Epson D88+ (inkjet) was any good?

My old Epson 830 has broken and needs a replacement. Although it was
slow when set to its best quality print mode, text documents came out
very...
Forum: Printers November 3rd 06, 08:30 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 11
Posted By Dot Net Developer
Is color laser paper OK for mono laser printers?

Thanks for all replies.

In the end, bought 3 packs of color laser 100gsm paper - Navigator (not
that good), Berga (quite good), and HP (seemed the best)

However, new printer (manual) says auto...
Forum: Printers October 31st 06, 03:52 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 11
Posted By Dot Net Developer
Is color laser paper OK for mono laser printers?

I want my printed text document to look as good as possible.

Protoncek (ex. SleeperMan) wrote:
"Dot Net Developer" wrote in message
Forum: Printers October 30th 06, 06:26 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 13
Posted By Dot Net Developer
Printer recommendation ~ all-in-one, with good text (don't care about photos)

Thanks for everyone's replies + suggestions.

In the end, went for a samsung scx-4200

Text quality = good.
Scanning = good (only tried b/w text on max scan res.)
Photo copying = passable.

Value =...
Forum: Printers October 30th 06, 06:24 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 11
Posted By Dot Net Developer
Is color laser paper OK for mono laser printers?

Just got a new mono laser printer, now need some paper!

But I only see color laser paper advertised online.

Will it be OK?

Thanks, regards, dnw.
Forum: Printers October 25th 06, 05:28 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 13
Posted By Dot Net Developer
Printer recommendation ~ all-in-one, with good text (don't care about photos)

Yianni wrote: Samsung SCX4200

Never bought laser b4 ~ do u happen to know if the toner cartridge is
included in the price/box, as they are about £40 each.

Thanks, regards, dnw.
Forum: Printers October 25th 06, 03:32 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 13
Posted By Dot Net Developer
Printer recommendation ~ all-in-one, with good text (don't care about photos)

2 HP recommendations got me searching, and I found this -

HP M1005 MFP - it's a mono laser printer + scanner + copier

Seems ideal as it matches my requirements exactly.

One other caught my eye...
Forum: Printers October 25th 06, 02:25 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 13
Posted By Dot Net Developer
Printer recommendation ~ all-in-one, with good text (don't care about photos)

Hi.

Got £200 ($350) to spend.

Need printer+copier+scanner (don't care about fax)

Primary concern - need good text. Don't care about photo quality.

Any thoughts?
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22