Showing results 1 to 25 of 86
Search took 0.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Robert Hancock
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 21st 07, 02:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 9
Posted By Robert Hancock
A8N-SLI Deluxe - Does it do SATA2?

Bob Knowlden wrote:
The A8N-SLI Deluxe is supposed to support the 3Gb/s SATA rate. I think
that it may not support AHCI, but I doubt that is something that most
users would miss.

The nForce4...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 21st 07, 02:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Robert Hancock
a8n sli question

Matt wrote:
the fan on my a8n sli motherboard has died.... can I get away with just
this...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185039

or do I need something...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 28th 07, 07:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 9
Posted By Robert Hancock
A7N8X Vista USB problem

Gareth wrote:
Could someone tell me if the following problems sounds like an USB
controller issue with the motherboard and Vista or a problem with the
wireless adapter driver?

I'm using...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 18th 07, 12:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Robert Hancock
Installing W2K on a P5NSLI--Reducing a 320G HD to 76G!!

W. Watson wrote:
I've more or less battled my way through the W2K OS to a point where it
wants to partition my 320 WD HD. It show C: NTFS 76G and D: FAT 1/4 G. I
talked to ASUS tech support...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 9th 07, 01:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert Hancock
chipset fan on A8N-SLI Deluxe

Paul wrote:
Mastertone wrote:
I have been having fan speed warnings from my BIOS and I decided to
pull everything out to check the fan...should it spin loosely? It's
real tight and had a...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 29th 07, 06:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 12
Posted By Robert Hancock
+5 vs +5 standby (was p5b deluxe -usb always on??

Paul wrote:
Howard Goldstein wrote:
On Sat, 19 May 2007 13:56:17 GMT, Howard Goldstein
wrote:
: On Fri, 18 May 2007 15:20:00 -0400, Paul ...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 19th 07, 09:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 17
Posted By Robert Hancock
UPS (off-topic)

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Paul:
Otherwise, start downloading manuals for the UPSes and see what
features they have.

That begged a question to (lazy) me: anybody know of a UPS
that's...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 27th 07, 01:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 27
Posted By Robert Hancock
Asus's Limited Vista Collection

Philadelphia Frank wrote:
I seen a list of motherboards Asus has created Vista drivers for. It
is a pretty long list but it doesn't have my board, the A8N32-SLI. I
just bought this board a week...
Forum: Asus Motherboards March 27th 07, 12:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Robert Hancock
ASUS A8NSLI takes very long time for shutdown

Andreas Kahl wrote:
Hi newsgroup,

I use an A8NSLI. If I shutdown my PC, the cooler of the power supply takes a
long time (over 3 minutes) until it switch off. What can I do? Thanks a lot
Forum: Asus Motherboards March 27th 07, 12:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert Hancock
A8V: USB 2 not working

x-eyed-bear wrote:
This is a puzzling problem; some advice would be most welcome.

I have been running my ASUS A8V based system (running Win XP SP2) for
almost a year with various USB 1.1...
Forum: Asus Motherboards March 5th 07, 02:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Robert Hancock
A8N-SLI Deluxe chipset cooling opinion?

Kraig Whiting wrote:
I have an ASUS A8N-SLI deluxe board and had read some postings that the
standard chipset fan was not too reliable. I went to the ASUS web site and
bought the "cool pipe"...
Forum: Asus Motherboards March 5th 07, 02:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert Hancock
AN8-SLI Deluxe Chipset Fan Replacement Question

Philadelphia Frank wrote:
Add me to the list of people with a dying chipset fan. How do you
replace it? I made a casual attempt to figure it out but chickened out
when nothing seemed to be...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 11th 07, 07:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 25
Posted By Robert Hancock
Unable to turn off L1 and/or L2 cache for Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxemotherboard and Athlon 64 X2 Manchester 3800+ processor ?

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello,

I own:

an Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard
and
an Athlon 64 X2 Manchester 3800+ processor.

I would like to see what effect turning off the L1 and/or...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 11th 07, 07:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 26

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello,

I own:

an Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard
and
an Athlon 64 X2 Manchester 3800+ processor.

I would like to see what effect turning off the L1 and/or...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 11th 07, 07:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello,

I own:

an Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard
and
an Athlon 64 X2 Manchester 3800+ processor.

I would like to see what effect turning off the L1 and/or...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 11th 07, 07:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Robert Hancock
Deleting Raid-0 array after motherboard dies....

Bill Smith wrote:
I want to use my 2 Sata seagates in another system, non Intel Raid,
but Nvidia Raid.

Problem is that the drives have been set with Intel Raid and I cannot
use that board...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 6th 07, 01:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 1
Posted By Robert Hancock
Sil or Nivida

zorro2 wrote:
Are there any advantages in using one over the other......Sil or
Nivida.....say in a Raid 5 on a Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe?

Thanks,

zorro2

The NVIDIA controller would be...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 5th 07, 05:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Robert Hancock
boot an asus p2b without a keyboard

bardos wrote:
hello all,

has anyone ever found a workaround for booting an asus p2b (rev 1.10)
without a keyboard? i've got one acting as a "radio-pod" downstairs
and i'd like to do...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 4th 07, 05:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By Robert Hancock
Can I setup RAID 5 using 2 ATA and 1 SATA HDDs?

Matrix wrote:
Well I just got the answer from sysopt.com

BipolarBill:
No - RAID requires *one* controller for all drives and there are no
mixed PATA/SATA RAID controllers.[/QUOTE]

That's...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 3rd 07, 07:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 7
Posted By Robert Hancock
Sil3112ACT144 SATA/ ATA133 Controller w/ Seagate st3300622a

Phizzle wrote:
Sil3112ACT144 SATA/ ATA133 Controller w/ Seagate st3300622a

Hi there,
I am having trouble getting my 300gb seagate drive to be recognized by my controller card.
The...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 31st 07, 01:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert Hancock
ASUS A8N-E Motherboard. ChipFan too slow causing PC to Crash!?

Misis wrote:
I have a AMD Athlon 64" bit processor and an ASUS A8N-E mobo. And
everytime I boot up I get a msg saying my chipfan is too slow and yes,
it is. The chipfan more than 80% of the...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 28th 07, 12:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 11
Posted By Robert Hancock
A8N-E support...

Bill Smith wrote:
It's wierd...memtest errors showed up once, so I bumped up the voltage
to 2.8v, which are spec for Ballistics. I set the memory to auto and
have not received another error in...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 27th 07, 05:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 11
Posted By Robert Hancock
A8N-E support...

Bill Smith wrote:
I have a Seagate Sata2 HDD with this new installation. I have flashed
the drive to the latest firmware(3aaE) and having a heck of a time
trying to get this system running...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 21st 07, 06:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 1
Posted By Robert Hancock
A7N8X-X & USB 2

Peter Huish wrote:
I have a system based on the A7N8X-X motherboard running Windows XP SP2.
Whenever I try to use a USB 2 device on the system I get a message
telling me that the USB 2...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 20th 07, 09:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Robert Hancock
P5B-E lm-sensors

Edgar Anneser wrote:
Hi to all,

I think I have a problem with my ASUS P5B-E:
if I select "Hardware Monitor" in the BIOS from time to time there is no
HW-information detected, but the BIOS...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 86