Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: PCR
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 5th 10, 01:18 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
Replies: 30
Posted By PCR
Moving 80 gigs from one spot on a USB drive to another spot on the same drivee

Bill Blanton wrote:
On 12/3/2010 20:22, Timothy Daniels wrote:
"PCR" wrote:
I was looking into rdisk() in another thread,& I wasn't
finding a site that fully explained it. I wanted its...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 3rd 10, 11:27 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
Replies: 30
Posted By PCR
Moving 80 gigs from one spot on a USB drive to another spot on the same drivee

Timothy Daniels wrote:
"Arno" wrote in message
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage PCR wrote:
Timothy Daniels...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 3rd 10, 04:24 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
Replies: 30
Posted By PCR
Moving 80 gigs from one spot on a USB drive to another spot on the same drivee

Timothy Daniels wrote:
"PCR" wrote:
[.......]
An Extended Partition is
itself actually a non-bootable Primary Partition which is a container
for multiple Logical Partitions....

Forum: Storage (alternative) November 5th 10, 12:26 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
Replies: 30
Posted By PCR
Moving 80 gigs from one spot on a USB drive to another spot on the same drivee

Bill Blanton wrote:
On 11/1/2010 15:14, PCR wrote:
Bill Blanton wrote:
On 10/29/2010 20:04, FromTheRafters wrote:

I don't see FromTheRafters in this thread! Why? Can it be he is
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 3rd 10, 12:54 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion

FromTheRafters wrote:
"PCR" wrote in message

I don't see FromTheRafters in this thread! Why? Can it be he is
XP-irradiated?

Forum: Storage (alternative) November 1st 10, 07:14 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion

Bill Blanton wrote:
On 10/29/2010 20:04, FromTheRafters wrote:

I don't see FromTheRafters in this thread! Why? Can it be he is
XP-irradiated? And Daniels too appears to have become invisible...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 30th 10, 12:39 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
Replies: 30
Posted By PCR
Moving 80 gigs from one spot on a USB drive to another spot on the same drivee

mm wrote:
On Fri, 29 Oct 2010 01:30:19 -0400, "PCR" wrote:

mm wrote:
On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 18:11:52 -0400, "PCR"
wrote:

Timothy Daniels...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 30th 10, 12:15 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
Replies: 30
Posted By PCR
Moving 80 gigs from one spot on a USB drive to another spot on the same drivee

Hot-Text wrote:
LOOL it's a old PC with a 128 RAM
with a 30 GB 16 Head Hard Drive..
A Start PC the one 98 CD have all the Drive on; so I can get network
and put I Hardware drive before I move...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 29th 10, 06:40 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
Replies: 30
Posted By PCR
Moving 80 gigs from one spot on a USB drive to another spot on the same drivee

Hot-Text wrote:
Are C: & D: on the same hard drive? YES

I see. OK. Now I'm thinking, the way they got around the problem was --
the NTLDR actually is booting the Root partition which is inside...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 29th 10, 06:30 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion

mm wrote:
On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 18:11:52 -0400, "PCR" wrote:

Timothy Daniels wrote:
"PCR" wrote:
[.......]
An Extended Partition is
itself actually a...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 29th 10, 06:06 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
Replies: 30
Posted By PCR
Moving 80 gigs from one spot on a USB drive to another spot on the same drivee

Hot-Text wrote:
You say:: read a Win98 OS must begin within the first 8 GB of a hard
drive to boot,
my have on one Computer at::
Root ( C: ) 524 MB, win98 (D:) 18.8 GB, and win2000 18.6 GB
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 28th 10, 11:11 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
Replies: 30
Posted By PCR
Moving 80 gigs from one spot on a USB drive to another spot on the same drivee

Timothy Daniels wrote:
"PCR" wrote:
[.......]
An Extended Partition is
itself actually a non-bootable Primary Partition which is a container
for multiple Logical Partitions....

Forum: Storage (alternative) October 28th 10, 07:17 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
Replies: 30
Posted By PCR
Moving 80 gigs from one spot on a USB drive to another spot on the same drivee

mm wrote:
Moving 80 gigs from one spot on a USB mechanicial hard drive to
another spot on the same drivee

I have a 500gig MyBook, USB external drive by WD, and I have to move
80 gigs from a...
Forum: Compaq Computers July 29th 06, 07:54 PM Posted to microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.win98.setup,24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 8
Posted By PCR
Help! Cannot format C. Boot from bootdisk. A:\Format c: bad command

Have you sat at an XP-machine? That could split you in two!

Put the Startup Diskette in, & turn on the computer, to boot it. But, if it's already on, just Ctrl-Alt-Del.

--
Thanks or Good...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14