Showing results 1 to 25 of 42
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Adams[_2_]
Forum: Ati Videocards December 10th 07, 09:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 7
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
New HD3870

Carl wrote:

ATI has a dual processor GPU available in the new year. Older iterations
of crossfire allowed different models of card to work together, ie a
high end and a midrange card, or,...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 10th 07, 09:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 27
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
HD3870 vs X1950XT

William wrote:

The 3870 is DX10.1 certified, the 8800 series is not. It runs cooler, draws
less power, and is a generation ahead of the 8800 series.

And a generation slower. If you...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 10th 07, 09:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 27
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
HD3870 vs X1950XT

GTD wrote:
I agree with
you, the 2d quality makes up for it by miles. .

You are a liar. Don't like what I said,then sue me. I will prove in
court you are a liar.
Forum: Ati Videocards December 10th 07, 09:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 27
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
HD3870 vs X1950XT

Fred wrote:

I prefer the 2D quality of ATI cards.
I have been dissapointed with the 2D quality of the nVidia cards that I have
used in the past.

That would have been a valid concern...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 10th 07, 09:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
OK. I'm impressed...

Augustus wrote:
Just got my new Galaxy 8800GT OC 512Mb 650/2000 card today ($260Cdn) and
stuck it in my Opteron 185 2.8Ghz system and did the first
benchmark...3DMark03. My EVGA 7800GTX 512Mb...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 10th 07, 09:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
8800GT 512M vs 8600GTS 512M

Man-wai Chang ToDie wrote:
8600GTS is cheaper, and I am using a 22-inch widescreen.

I don't have to play games at maximum settings. So which one should I
choose?

On a 22" widescreen you...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 10th 07, 09:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
Nvidia drivers and 7950GX2 issue

wrote:

I don't know what LCD monitor designers have been thinking
the last few years, with the near total absence of multiple DVI
ports on their products. I'm...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 10th 07, 09:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 7
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
P5K-VM memory advice please

Steve S wrote:

I've used Asus motherboards for many years without any serious issues.
Occasionally, a BIOS update is required to solve a minor problem, but they
are generally very...
Forum: General December 10th 07, 07:48 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 26
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
Monitor questions

kony wrote:

Yes it is still an issue, but it is fairly rare to get more
than 2 or 3 dead pixels and most monitors today have none or
one at most. The seller's policy on taking back a...
Forum: General December 10th 07, 07:45 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 26
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
Monitor questions

chrisv wrote:

Now we just need affordable video cards that can run the new games at
high rates on these ~2 MegaPixel widescreens.

Agree. And that is why I will stick with 22" widescreen for...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 9th 07, 05:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 7
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
New HD3870

Carl wrote:
Hello all, I would like to know if the crossfire will work if I have an
HD3870, then later on, add one of the new dual core GPUs?

What new dual core GPU's? I doubt it would work as...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 9th 07, 05:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 27
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
HD3870 vs X1950XT

KlausK wrote:

Thanks. I'm getting an HD3870!

Why? 8800GT outperforms HD3870 and costs about the same. They are just
hard to find right now. Wait a month or so and they should be easier to...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 9th 07, 05:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
Nvidia drivers and 7950GX2 issue

wrote:

What kind of monitor & cable are you using? I've seen this
flickering with analog monitors, and/or cables that don't have
proper DDC lines (such as BNC...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 9th 07, 05:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 7
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
P5K-VM memory advice please

Steve S wrote:
I'm looking to buy a P5K-VM motherboard with E6750 shortly. Can someone
advise on a good RAM choice, totalling 2GB please? I'm not interested in
overclocking, just looking for...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 9th 07, 05:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 7
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
P5K-VM memory advice please

Thomas Elser wrote:
Are you sure you want to buy this board? Google for "P5K" and "problem",
maybe you change your mind ...

Why don't you show us the links instead? I have a P5K and have never...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 9th 07, 04:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
Need PS2 mouse port for motherboard that only has USB mouse support

scs0 wrote:
I share my mouse, keyboard, and monitor with 3 PCs using a KVM
switch. I have to replace a PC and it just didn't occur to me to
check for PS2 keyboard and mouse plugs. This...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 9th 07, 04:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
In the market for a new router

Chris Darwin wrote:

I like my new Linksys WCG200 Wireless cable modem/router combo. Free's up
some desk space. About $150 compared to about $140 for a separate cable
modem router setup.
Forum: General December 9th 07, 04:01 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 26
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
Monitor questions

Grinder wrote:

To each his own, but unless your PC is principally a media center, I
think widescreen is a waste of money.

Or a gamer. Wider FOV can make a big difference in games. Tunnel...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 8th 07, 01:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
Nvidia drivers and 7950GX2 issue

Every time I install the Nvidia drivers on my 7950GX2 at the end of the
install the screen just flickers on/off in a loop so I can't click on
finish to exit the installer. I just hit the reset...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 2nd 07, 05:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 49
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
Internet Speed has to increase with a factor of 1000 the nextfitheen years ! ;)

Mr.E Solved! wrote:

Wow, if Phil Weldon is calling you out, you're history. He's taken his
lumps and is still with us, bye bye John Adams.

I've been here since 1993 and ain't going anywhere...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 2nd 07, 05:58 AM Posted to comp.protocols.tcp-ip,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.internet.p2p,alt.internet.providers
Replies: 49
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
Internet Speed has to increase with a factor of 1000 the nextfitheen years ! ;)

Phil Weldon wrote:

Is there ANY newsgroup you get along in? It seems that at the least
disagreements with your pronouncements send you into an acting out frenzy.
Across a range of...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 2nd 07, 05:57 AM Posted to comp.protocols.tcp-ip,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.internet.p2p,alt.internet.providers
Replies: 49
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
Internet Speed has to increase with a factor of 1000 the nextfitheen years ! ;)

Patrick Vervoorn wrote:

What a pathetic way to dodge out of this.

Regards,

Patrick.

How am I dodging anything? When you come up with a plausible reason why
you think things like HDTV...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 2nd 07, 05:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 11
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
P5K quality??

wrote:

I have been using ASUS motherboards for many years now. Maybe I
should try Gigabyte instead?

Which P5K? There are various versions, wi-fi etc. I have...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 30th 07, 06:27 PM Posted to comp.protocols.tcp-ip,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.internet.p2p,alt.internet.providers
Replies: 49
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
Internet Speed has to increase with a factor of 1000 the nextfitheen years ! ;)

Well, whatever you ****s might think about me matters not because you
are still out to lunch if you think we are going to give up our cable
and satellite TV connections in exchange for HDTV over...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 30th 07, 06:23 PM Posted to comp.protocols.tcp-ip,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.internet.p2p,alt.internet.providers
Replies: 49
Posted By John Adams[_2_]
Internet Speed has to increase with a factor of 1000 the nextfitheen years ! ;)

Ed Medlin wrote:

Must be Al Gore.....:-). There isn't, and never has been what you call 'THE'
internet and no 'one' person helped invent it. There were thousands of
people involved from the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 42