Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.26 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Wonderman
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 30th 08, 03:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 31
Posted By Wonderman
Nvidia 175.19's pulled

US English

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_175.19_whql.html

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in message
Wonderman...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 29th 08, 02:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 31
Posted By Wonderman
Nvidia 175.19's pulled

they're still there...

"Rod" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 12:05:18 +1000, "oldwolf" ...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 18th 08, 11:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By Wonderman
P5LP-VX Help ?

Thanks Bill.

Sony VGC-RA840G. All the literature from Sony advises 2 GIG max yet any
time I see the MOBO listed as P5LP - VX ( from someone selling memory ) it
advises 4 GIG. I run...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 18th 08, 02:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By Wonderman
P5LP-VX Help ?

Thanks Bill. Yes, its a 945P chipset. No bios updates available. I'm
suspecting I may be constrained to the 3.2 CPU.

Other question - The mobo has 4 memory slots and I have them filled w/...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 17th 08, 10:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By Wonderman
P5LP-VX Help ?

This is a board in the last of the Sony desktops. LGA775 socket running
Pentium D 2.8 dual core w/ 2gig on the board. Water cooled excellent case
and is nearly silent. I'd like to either upgrade...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 19th 08, 07:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 23
Posted By Wonderman
8600GT Thoughts ?

I have a 945P chipset & a 365 watt PS so no issues there. I also run
Solidworks as well. I'll probably go for the gddr3 . 256mb board. Are you
running the same exact Gigabyte board ?

"johns"...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 19th 08, 02:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 23
Posted By Wonderman
8600GT Thoughts ?

OK. I went to Best Buy and bought a PNY 8600GT 512K with GDDR3 memory. And
a real loud fan so its going back. The fan itself isn’t too loud but in
this case it is like a Dustbuster.
My Windows...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 17th 08, 07:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 23
Posted By Wonderman
8600GT Thoughts ?

Thank you for the perspective and info.

I'm running a 2.8 ghz Pentium D dual core with 2 gig ram and the 7600GS
card. The Windows Vista score is currently 4.3 and the resolution is 1650
x 1080....
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 16th 08, 08:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 23
Posted By Wonderman
8600GT Thoughts ?

Geez... Whats the average age on this board ? 8 ?

"Augustus" wrote in message

"Wonderman" wrote in message...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 16th 08, 02:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 23
Posted By Wonderman
8600GT Thoughts ?

My vista score is currently a 4.3. Can anyone guess what an 8600GT score
would yield ?

"Wonderman" wrote in message
I was...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 15th 08, 11:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 23
Posted By Wonderman
8600GT Thoughts ?

I'd love to put one of those in but they all use fans. I've tried cards
that use fans and they all sound like Dustbusters on low speed.

Any ideas about fanless cards ?

"Augustus"...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 15th 08, 09:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 23
Posted By Wonderman
8600GT Thoughts ?

I was considering upgrading from an XFX 7600 GS 256 to this -

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125083

FS X is a bit too choppy in the old card and I could use a boost in...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 11th 07, 01:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By Wonderman
Running 7600 GS 256 - Anything faster ?

Any thoughts on this card ?

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16814127293

"Wonderman" wrote in message
I'm...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 8th 07, 12:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By Wonderman
Running 7600 GS 256 - Anything faster ?

I saw this and it got me thinking-

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150245

Any thoughts ?

"Phil Weldon" wrote in message...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 8th 07, 12:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By Wonderman
Running 7600 GS 256 - Anything faster ?

I'm running a 7600 GS 256 PCIE ( no fan ) and was looking for the group's
best advice as to what I can replace it with that will be faster. It's
mandatory that it doesn't have a fan as my machine...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 28th 07, 03:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By Wonderman
Fastest PCIE16 card w/o a fan ?

FSX. Are you suggesting the 7950GT ?

"First of One" wrote in message
Flight Simulator X or an earlier version? FSX can...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 27th 07, 02:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By Wonderman
Fastest PCIE16 card w/o a fan ?

Actually the only game I play very occasionally is Flight Simulator.
Thoughts on vast improvement there ?

"First of One" wrote in message...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 26th 07, 02:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By Wonderman
Fastest PCIE16 card w/o a fan ?

Thanks. They're on Newegg. I am wondering though - rhetorical question -
Am I going see a whopper of a perceived speed increase ? In XP or Vista ?

"Wonderman" wrote in...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 25th 07, 06:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By Wonderman
Fastest PCIE16 card w/o a fan ?

I've got one of the last Sony desktops that are really almost dead quiet and
am currently running an XFX 7600gs w/256 just for regular desk top use. No
gaming. Does anyone know of a faster card...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19