Showing results 1 to 25 of 58
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Daniel[_4_]
Forum: General January 9th 13, 06:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Daniel[_4_]
Boot problems

"Darklight" wrote in message ...

Daniel wrote:

"Darklight" wrote in message ...

best thing to do is delete all partions and...
Forum: General January 8th 13, 11:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Daniel[_4_]
Boot problems

"Daniel" wrote in message

I can't tell you whether this will help, but I suspect Windows 8 sometimes
has a problem with "spinning...
Forum: General January 8th 13, 10:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Daniel[_4_]
Boot problems

I can't tell you whether this will help, but I suspect Windows 8 sometimes
has a problem with "spinning down" drives when they're idle. Something
gets corrupted, and is not being handled...
Forum: General January 8th 13, 10:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Daniel[_4_]
Boot problems

"Paul" wrote in message ...

I can't tell you whether this will help, but I suspect Windows 8 sometimes
has a problem with "spinning down" drives when they're idle....
Forum: General January 8th 13, 09:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Daniel[_4_]
Boot problems

"Darklight" wrote in message ...

best thing to do is delete all partions and reformate the drive.

question the 19 GB partition did windows 8 recognise it's...
Forum: General January 7th 13, 09:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Daniel[_4_]
Boot problems

Hi

I have recently bought an Asus CM 6730 PC with a 2TB hard drive.

The drive was supplied with four partitions, 1) 100 MB System reserved ( I
believe a boot partition). 2 a 19GB unnamed, I guess...
Forum: General November 27th 12, 07:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By Daniel[_4_]
Lost Partition

"VanguardLH" wrote in message ...

"Daniel" wrote:

I am running W7 x64 on an new Asus PC. with an i5 CPU and 8GB RAM.

I have a 2TB USB Connected hard drive...
Forum: General November 27th 12, 07:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By Daniel[_4_]
Lost Partition

"Paul" wrote in message ...

Paul wrote:

In Linux, I resized the partition.

sudo ntfsresize -n 100G /dev/sdc1
Forum: General November 21st 12, 08:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By Daniel[_4_]
Lost Partition

"Paul" wrote in message ...

Daniel wrote:

Hi

thanks for your post

I ran PTEDIT32.EXE but it only found my Hard drive that contains the c:
Forum: General November 19th 12, 06:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By Daniel[_4_]
Lost Partition

"Paul" wrote in message ...

Daniel wrote:
Hi

I am running W7 x64 on an new Asus PC. with an i5 CPU and 8GB RAM.

I have a 2TB USB Connected hard drive with...
Forum: General November 19th 12, 08:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By Daniel[_4_]
Lost Partition

Hi

I am running W7 x64 on an new Asus PC. with an i5 CPU and 8GB RAM.

I have a 2TB USB Connected hard drive with two partitions 1 x 600GB and 1 x
1.4GB (approx) . Using W7 Disk management, I tried...
Forum: General September 23rd 12, 09:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By Daniel[_4_]
Hard Drive slows down and stops

"Paul" wrote in message ...

Daniel wrote:

Hi

How do I create a Bootable CD-RW that contains WDIDLE3.exe

I know how to burn a CD but do not know how to...
Forum: General September 23rd 12, 12:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By Daniel[_4_]
Hard Drive slows down and stops

Hi

How do I create a Bootable CD-RW that contains WDIDLE3.exe

I know how to burn a CD but do not know how to make it Bootable.

Thanks

Daniel
Forum: General September 21st 12, 10:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By Daniel[_4_]
Hard Drive slows down and stops

"Paul" wrote in message ...

Daniel - Sydney wrote:
Hi

I have not heard any chirps from my drives.

I actually have two eSata attached Hard Drives, and I have...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 8th 09, 07:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Daniel[_4_]
Replacing a PC's Power Supply

Okay, all done, in the end it was quite easy and no problems, I had a lot of
good advice.

cheers

Daniel

"Daniel" wrote in message...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 5th 09, 03:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Daniel[_4_]
Replacing a PC's Power Supply

Paul

thanks for your advice, the data must have taken you a long time to get
together and I appreciate it,
I'll give it a go tonight and let you know when I have success.

cheers

Daniel
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 5th 09, 12:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Daniel[_4_]
Replacing a PC's Power Supply

Any idea where in Sydney Australia I can buy one of these?
I need to get it today if possible.

thanks

Daniel

"Bob" wrote in message...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 5th 09, 12:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Daniel[_4_]
Replacing a PC's Power Supply

Thanks to all who replied,

Will the 20 - 24 pin adapter have any issues I should be aware of, or
do I just attach it?

thanks

Daniel
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 4th 09, 08:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Daniel[_4_]
Replaicng a PC's Power Supply

Hi

I have a PC with a Gigabyte GA-945pl-53 Motherboard, the PC has a single
300G Hard drive
and the usual peripherals attached.

The power supply is a TT BTX-400 and it has blown so I need to...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 25th 08, 01:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 15
Posted By Daniel[_4_]
No Physx processor installed

"Daniel" wrote in message
I was under the impression that DX10 was supposed to be backwards
compatable.

Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 25th 08, 12:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 15
Posted By Daniel[_4_]
No Physx processor installed

I was under the impression that DX10 was supposed to be backwards
compatable.

Googling.

1st hit on "Vista and DX9"

As found he http://www.ngohq.com/news/9608-vista-requires-
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 24th 08, 09:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 15
Posted By Daniel[_4_]
No Physx processor installed

Well, a start would be to click on the icon to open it. Fiirst tab
is 'Info'. It will tell you what PhysX engines are installed.

The following are...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 24th 08, 03:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 15
Posted By Daniel[_4_]
No Physx processor installed

"Bill" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 24th 08, 02:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 15
Posted By Daniel[_4_]
No Physx processor installed

"Bill" wrote in message
In article ,
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 24th 08, 01:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 15
Posted By Daniel[_4_]
No Physx processor installed

"deimos" deimos@localhost wrote in message