Showing results 1 to 25 of 80
Search took 0.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Trimble Bracegirdle
Forum: General May 9th 10, 04:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
CHKDSK Problem

You can run CHKDSK from within Windows at any time you might choose ...
Any of the Disc Manufactures Utilities will work with any disc.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into...
Forum: General May 8th 10, 04:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
CHKDSK Problem

It might (might as in only maybe) just be 'one-of-those-things'
.......temporally loose cable connection ? .etc..

Have you run CHKDSK a 2nd or more times ??? what happened ?

You can get, for free,...
Forum: General May 1st 10, 01:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 23
Windows Unecessary Folders

I just want to add my vote for CCLEANER . But consider its settings
carefully 1st time you use it.
It's Registry Cleaner section is good to ..unlike many progs. its very
cautious thus...
Forum: General April 30th 10, 10:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 0
Good Graphic Card Test & Control Prog

I found that RivaTuner, my usual choice of
Monitor + Tweaker & User Set Overclock & Fan Control ...
excellent though it is,
does not recognize some recent Graphic Cards.
RiverTuner also offers a...
Forum: General March 20th 10, 04:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
USB Drive as boot drive

USB restricts drives to about 1/2 the internal HD transfer.
Then Flash drives..the best of them... are a lot slower than Hard Drives.

SSD is attractive but the price & performance varies...
Forum: General February 22nd 10, 11:42 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 49
WIN 7 Major USB Hardware Incompatibilities ?

I'm finding some suggestions that having more than 4 Gig RAM in
a Windows 7 64Bit install leads to greater problems.

Hardware uses addresses at the top of memory
with 64bit & greater than 4Gig RAM...
Forum: General February 21st 10, 05:39 AM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 49
WIN 7 Major USB Hardware Incompatibilities ?

Yes .
Very few Manufacturers of hardware are saying Win 7 Compat or not.
All most none in the case of Devices more than a year or 2 out of
production.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") mouse
Forum: General February 21st 10, 04:07 AM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 49
WIN 7 Major USB Hardware Incompatibilities ?

WINDOWS 7 Major USB Hardware Incompatibilities ?

I'm trying out Win 7 64 Bit. on the same Hardware (but separate Hard Drive)
as my established Win XP .

A big issue for me & the main thing I'm...
Forum: General February 18th 10, 12:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
WINDOWS 7 USB Modem Replacement needed in UK

The received wisdom Windows 7 is that its just a
tidied up re - release of Vista ...i.e. if it works in Vista it will in Win
7.

The more I look into this it seems NOT SO ! (shock! &...
Forum: General February 18th 10, 12:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
WINDOWS 7 USB Modem Replacement needed in UK

Oooo !! I like the look of that Thomson SpeedTouch 516 .
I find one on Ebay UK auction around £13+ ( $21 USD)
& Amazon UK has just one at £28 ( around $48 USD)

thanks Paul your being really...
Forum: General February 17th 10, 11:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
WINDOWS 7 USB Modem Replacement needed in UK

Brain Hurts !!!
Thanks all for the help...I shall keep Pauls Post as a Reference.

I've had Home personal computers since the early '80's
& have been online since late '80's .
I have always been sort...
Forum: General February 17th 10, 04:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
WINDOWS 7 USB Modem Replacement needed in UK

I'm now trying out & planning to fully buy Windows 7 64bit .
The Hardware has an well established Win XP 32bit install
where the SAGEM 800@Fast USB Modem gives me OK performance
for years now.

This...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 28th 09, 03:35 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 15
AMD DirectX 11 White Paper Released

Its just over two years since I made certain to get a DX10 card (Nvidia
GTX8800)
in the expectation then that I would really need DX10 soon.
Two years later I have never needed to use DX10 & don't...
Forum: Ati Videocards April 26th 08, 02:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Replies: 2
Intel Larrabee - Rasterisation Focus Confirmed - It'll run DX11 games - Not just for Raytracing

Ohhh! Brain Hurts ...sooo many big words ...So is the DX10 card I have
but have never run a DX10 title on ('cause there ain't no point) now
obsolete ???
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") mouse(where is John...
Forum: Intel April 26th 08, 02:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Replies: 2
Intel Larrabee - Rasterisation Focus Confirmed - It'll run DX11 games - Not just for Raytracing

Ohhh! Brain Hurts ...sooo many big words ...So is the DX10 card I have
but have never run a DX10 title on ('cause there ain't no point) now
obsolete ???
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") mouse(where is John...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 26th 08, 02:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Replies: 2
Intel Larrabee - Rasterisation Focus Confirmed - It'll run DX11 games - Not just for Raytracing

Ohhh! Brain Hurts ...sooo many big words ...So is the DX10 card I have
but have never run a DX10 title on ('cause there ain't no point) now
obsolete ???
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") mouse(where is John...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors April 26th 08, 02:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Replies: 2
Intel Larrabee - Rasterisation Focus Confirmed - It'll run DX11 games - Not just for Raytracing

Ohhh! Brain Hurts ...sooo many big words ...So is the DX10 card I have
but have never run a DX10 title on ('cause there ain't no point) now
obsolete ???
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") mouse(where is John...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 26th 08, 01:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Replies: 2
Nvidia GT200 GPU fp performance @ 1 to 1.33 TFLOP

Well yes that's a bit impressive..BUT I bet it won't run GOTHIC 3 jerk free.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") mouse
Forum: Ati Videocards April 26th 08, 01:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Replies: 2
Nvidia GT200 GPU fp performance @ 1 to 1.33 TFLOP

Well yes that's a bit impressive..BUT I bet it won't run GOTHIC 3 jerk free.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") mouse
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 20th 08, 01:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,comp.arch
Replies: 12
Nvidia's 9800 GTX and 9800 GX2 seem to be a waste of time & money

Wise man (?) say:
"You're joking, right? ...... Running an 8800GTX at 1024x768 with
everything maxed on a 21" CRT? You're using an 8800GTX 768Mb card to do what
an 8600GT would do at...
Forum: Ati Videocards April 20th 08, 01:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,comp.arch
Replies: 12
Nvidia's 9800 GTX and 9800 GX2 seem to be a waste of time & money

Wise man (?) say:
"You're joking, right? ...... Running an 8800GTX at 1024x768 with
everything maxed on a 21" CRT? You're using an 8800GTX 768Mb card to do what
an 8600GT would do at...
Forum: Ati Videocards April 19th 08, 03:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,comp.arch
Replies: 12
Nvidia's 9800 GTX and 9800 GX2 seem to be a waste of time & money

"If you have a 8800 GTX, 8800 Ultra or 8800 GT, you might as well save
your money, don't waste it on 9800 GTX or 9800 GX2. These cards are
more or less what you already have. "

Well thanks...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 19th 08, 03:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,comp.arch
Replies: 12
Nvidia's 9800 GTX and 9800 GX2 seem to be a waste of time & money

"If you have a 8800 GTX, 8800 Ultra or 8800 GT, you might as well save
your money, don't waste it on 9800 GTX or 9800 GX2. These cards are
more or less what you already have. "

Well thanks...
Forum: General November 19th 07, 09:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Whats the best way to clean a DVD burner Drive ?

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f106/fixing-your-panny-when-theres-fault-lens-cleaning-doesnt-help-210507/
This is cleaning dirty DVD /CD unit spindle
That's really useful Brett ...Thanks ...Tho should...
Forum: General November 19th 07, 08:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Whats the best way to clean a DVD burner Drive ?

Thankyou for your comments:
Its not me or me environment or my Media (mostly Verbatim x16 DVD-R ) ..
some DVD-RAM ...Commercial software ..etc..all used regularly here for a
long time in various...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 80