Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.39 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Frank McCoy
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 9th 08, 04:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Frank McCoy
Best 20" lcd monitor for reading text

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt "vlmarcor"
wrote:

Hi, I was wondering which 20" lcd monitor is considered
the best for reading text. From the reviews I've read...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 9th 08, 03:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 19
Posted By Frank McCoy
Buffered and Registered Memory: Is it worth the expense?

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt John Doe
wrote:

Nobody
ever comes here complaining that their non-ECC memory caused
important data corruption. However, we do...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 9th 08, 12:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Frank McCoy
CPU Retail / OWM

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt Des wrote:

On 8 Jan, 21:44, Frank McCoy wrote:
In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt Des ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 8th 08, 10:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Frank McCoy
CPU Retail / OWM

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt Des wrote:

Can anyone help here. I bought a motherboard Memery chip and CPU on
ebay as a complete package AM2 4200 dual core processor. I...
Forum: General January 8th 08, 03:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Frank McCoy
Buffered and Registered Memory: Is it worth the expense?

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt Matt wrote:

For an average consumer such as myself, should I save some pennies and
get unbuffered and unregistered RAM, or is their a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 8th 08, 03:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 19
Posted By Frank McCoy
Buffered and Registered Memory: Is it worth the expense?

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt Matt wrote:

For an average consumer such as myself, should I save some pennies and
get unbuffered and unregistered RAM, or is their a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 6th 08, 04:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Frank McCoy
External HD to Internal HD?

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt "Williams"
wrote:

Thanks, Frank.

Can you refresh my memory on all the /E /C /H etc. from DOS? I remember
XCOPY, but all the subcommands...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 6th 08, 12:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Frank McCoy
External HD to Internal HD?

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt "Williams"
wrote:

I have a Hitachi Deskstar 250 meg HD in an external USB enclosure. I have
another external HD now, so I don't use the...
Forum: General January 5th 08, 11:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 47
Posted By Frank McCoy
Should I go Dual Core or Quad Core? Intel C2 DUO E6850 vs. Quad-Core Q6600

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt "Fred" wrote:

John Weiss wrote:
"Fred" wrote...
What about the new Intel Penryn range due out soon. Have you
Forum: Ati Videocards January 5th 08, 11:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

John Weiss wrote:
"Fred" wrote...
What about the new Intel Penryn range due out soon. Have you
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 5th 08, 11:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

John Weiss wrote:
"Fred" wrote...
What about the new Intel Penryn range due out soon. Have you
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 5th 08, 11:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 48

John Weiss wrote:
"Fred" wrote...
What about the new Intel Penryn range due out soon. Have you
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 3rd 08, 08:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 20
Posted By Frank McCoy
Any motherboard with onboard DVI video?

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt wrote:

On Jan 1, 7:16 pm, Frank McCoy wrote:
In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt Larc ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 3rd 08, 03:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 20
Posted By Frank McCoy
Any motherboard with onboard DVI video?

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt DevilsPGD
wrote:

In message Frank McCoy
wrote:

With the DVI...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 2nd 08, 05:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 26
Posted By Frank McCoy
Internal or External drive for back-ups?

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt Crackles McFarly
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 12:27:53 -0600, Frank McCoy
sayd the following:

In...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 2nd 08, 03:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By Frank McCoy
A Random Freezing/Rebooting Mystery

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt Dudeman
wrote:

I recently began building a new computer. Specs being.
2.2ghz Intel Core 2
2gb of DDR2 800mhz
Raedon...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 2nd 08, 03:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 20
Posted By Frank McCoy
Any motherboard with onboard DVI video?

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt Larc wrote:

On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 12:36:47 -0600, Frank McCoy
wrote:

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt Larc...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 1st 08, 07:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 20
Posted By Frank McCoy
Any motherboard with onboard DVI video?

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt Larc wrote:

A friend wants me to build him a new system. He doesn't want to buy a
PCI Express display card since his video needs are...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 1st 08, 07:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Frank McCoy
MI5, pulp fiction

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt PeterC
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 11:09:14 -0500, Larc wrote:

He's been posting it everywhere for years. I'm sure he won't...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 1st 08, 07:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 26
Posted By Frank McCoy
Internal or External drive for back-ups?

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt Crackles McFarly
wrote:

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 18:39:25 -0800, "Timothy Daniels"
sayd the following:

I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 1st 08, 07:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 26
Posted By Frank McCoy
Internal or External drive for back-ups?

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt "JAD" wrote:

"Frank McCoy" wrote in message
In...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 1st 08, 04:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 26
Posted By Frank McCoy
Internal or External drive for back-ups?

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt "JAD" wrote:

"Crackles McFarly" wrote in message
I want to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 29th 07, 06:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Frank McCoy
Resetting BIOS to DEFAULT

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt SHRED wrote:

Will simply removing the battery do that?
If so how long does it take to clear? Instant?

No ... Quite a while, actually.
It...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 26th 07, 05:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Frank McCoy
Invalid F: drive

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt Healthy Stealthy
wrote:

Whenever I try to update software on my computer I get this error:
Invalid F: drive

At some time when...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 24th 07, 08:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By Frank McCoy
Prices of computers in Australia compared to Hong Kong

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt Man-wai Chang ToDie
wrote:

Just guessing, not knowing Australia: But I'd suspect it would be a lot
less *hassle* (especially with...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500