Showing results 1 to 25 of 33
Search took 1.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Chapman
Forum: Printers May 23rd 09, 04:15 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 13
Posted By John Chapman
Lexamark Cartridge No 31

I am asking questions, not supplying answers

I note that you have hardly been overwhelmed with answers. Now, why do you
imagine that might be?

--
-

Forum: Printers May 22nd 09, 09:25 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 13
Posted By John Chapman
Lexamark Cartridge No 31

I can just see the Messerschmitt climbing and turning for a strafing run on
this one.

--

Answers would have been more apt

So why haven't you posted one ?
Forum: Printers March 9th 09, 10:38 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Posted By John Chapman
InkTec inks opinions

measekite wrote:

I do not think any of the aftermarket inks are any good except maybe
Pantone.

And does that apply also to nonOEM photo paper ?
Surely no one would be foolish enough to...
Forum: Printers January 12th 09, 09:43 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 18
Posted By John Chapman
Inkjet Std Format Printers on decline

Jerry1111 wrote:

Funny thing: I paid ~£90 for MP610 (ip4500 wasn't in stock) ust before
Xmas. Just after xmas the price of MP610 went up to ~145, and now it's
at around 100.
Forum: Printers January 12th 09, 09:28 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 13
Posted By John Chapman
Epson R200 and CX6400 issues Need AIO suggestions

Jan Alter wrote:
"Roscoe P Pendoscoe" wrote in message

First the CX6400

Seems that this machine is...
Forum: Printers January 12th 09, 09:22 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 18
Posted By John Chapman
Inkjet Std Format Printers on decline

John Chapman wrote:
Jerry1111 wrote:

Another reason: you don't have a choice...

I wanted ip4500 - couldn't get it anywhere (mid-december in the UK).
They only choice was MP610.
I...
Forum: Printers January 12th 09, 08:45 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers

Jerry1111 wrote:

Another reason: you don't have a choice...

I wanted ip4500 - couldn't get it anywhere (mid-december in the UK).
They only choice was MP610.
I have also been looking for IP4500...
Forum: Printers January 8th 09, 07:40 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 10
Posted By John Chapman
PGI5 black ink usage

Jerry1111 wrote:
Hi,

I've printer around 200-300 6x4 photos, gone through several color
carts. Photo black (CLI88) is less than half full - that's to be
expected.
In the meantime I've...
Forum: Printers December 22nd 08, 05:12 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 83
Posted By John Chapman
Canon CLI-8/PGI-5 resetter question

IntergalacticExpandingPanda wrote

The question is, will it need a replacement battery?

I forget what the RedSetter's claim is, but I think it was 1500
resets. 150 resets, or 30 cartridge...
Forum: Printers December 22nd 08, 04:40 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 83
Posted By John Chapman
Canon CLI-8/PGI-5 resetter question

IntergalacticExpandingPanda wrote:

Righto, here's how it works.

Canon has a reservoir (80%) Sponge (20%) and a prism. When reservoir
= empty prism exposed, signals printer 20% ink...
Forum: Printers December 14th 08, 10:00 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 12
Posted By John Chapman
Epson or Canon Photo Printers (not AIO)

RSKT wrote:
Hi all,
I saw a Canon vs Epson thread but I am looking more at photo printers and
best photo quality.
Its time to replace my aging Epson R210
Over the last year I have changed...
Forum: Printers December 9th 08, 05:59 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By John Chapman
Topics on Electronics

The following indices and documents provide a basic
reference for understanding electronic components, circuits, and
applications.

So where is the circuit that stops measekite posting his...
Forum: Printers December 7th 08, 09:29 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 83
Posted By John Chapman
Canon CLI-8/PGI-5 resetter question

ECLiPSE 2002 wrote:
Has anyone purchased the resetter offered by Cartridge America or
123Refills in the $28 cost range?

In the market for a resetter, but no sure if either of the above...
Forum: Printers November 25th 08, 07:50 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 12
Posted By John Chapman
canon PGI and CLI chip resetter?

IntergalacticExpandingPanda wrote:

That looks like the ReDsetter. I own one.
http://www.inkfilling.com/show_canon-cli8-pgi5-resetter.html
The only problem I had was I was putting in the...
Forum: Printers July 20th 08, 07:11 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By John Chapman
canon-pixma-ip1000 perbaiki-canon-ip-4000 resetter-pixma-ip-1000

wrote:
sumber diambil dari
http://printer-resetter.blogspot.com
http://resettercanon.blogspot.com
http://canonresetter.fortunebisnis.com
canon-pixma-ip1000...
Forum: Printers July 15th 08, 07:26 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 13
Posted By John Chapman
Canon Pixma iP4500 printer head problem

Arthur Entlich wrote:
You may wish to remove the head and make sure the contacts between it
and the printer carriage body are clean and secure. Be careful in the
handling when you remove it. ...
Forum: Printers June 20th 08, 07:57 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By John Chapman
Another question, this time about CIS

Jeff wrote:
A second printer of mine, the Epson r1800, I'm going to get A CIS/CFS
system.

Currently the cartridges in my printer are nearly full?

To switch off to this new external...
Forum: Printers June 16th 08, 09:36 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 9
Posted By John Chapman
Compatible cli 8 catridge with chip?

Shandi wrote:
Chipped compatible cli 8 catridge is now avilable? I searched on ebay
the other day and found one that is not remanufactored and the chip is
not reset. Does it mean that the chip...
Forum: Printers June 15th 08, 03:01 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 19
Posted By John Chapman
Canon chip resetter

Lou wrote:
Maybe you cannot afford to print so much.

Did you read the word volunteer or do you not know what that means? I don't
think God or my friends care where I buy my ink? The...
Forum: Printers June 13th 08, 11:19 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 9
Posted By John Chapman
printing passport photos?

John wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:31:56 -0400, "Don Phillipson"
wrote:

"John" wrote in message
Forum: Printers June 1st 08, 09:57 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 42
Posted By John Chapman
Canon Pixma iP4300 - black ink troubles

wrote:
It sounds to me you have a faulty printhead. I would phone Canon and
ask for a replacement. Or better yet scrap the crap Canon and get an
Epson or HP.

Look at...
Forum: Printers May 25th 08, 08:33 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By John Chapman
buna

wrote:
buna
anub
Forum: Printers May 20th 08, 08:29 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 13
Posted By John Chapman
CLI-8 and PGI-5 resetters

We need a translation from German to English to find out what the
features are,
and exactly what they can do.

Have a look at...
Forum: Printers May 20th 08, 08:14 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 13
Posted By John Chapman
CLI-8 and PGI-5 resetters

Ron in NY wrote:

CLI-8 and PGI-5 resetters are getting cheaper. Hopefully even cheaper in a
few months.

Forum: Printers May 19th 08, 08:53 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 13
Posted By John Chapman
CLI-8 and PGI-5 resetters