Showing results 1 to 25 of 459
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ben Myers[_4_]
Forum: Dell Computers February 5th 20, 01:05 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Ben Myers[_4_]
DVD Player Region Rules?

On Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 5:49:30 AM UTC-5, Ron Hardin wrote:
I want to check how the 5 changes to region work.
Is the only place this is stored in the DVD drive?
In particular not in...
Forum: Dell Computers June 6th 19, 03:08 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Ben Myers[_4_]
Intel Management Engine Updates

Two points to make.

First, I suspect that the updates from Dell and Windows are one and the same.

Second, you can download 1903 from Microsoft and install it directly. No need to make the...
Forum: Dell Computers June 21st 18, 11:05 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 8
Posted By Ben Myers[_4_]
Bios settings / adding 2nd HD to a T3500

On Thursday, June 21, 2018 at 1:30:40 PM UTC-4, Richard Kopp wrote:
Hello William,

Many years after you solved this problem for Bill, I have a similar configuration and can't seem to resolve...
Forum: Dell Computers May 28th 18, 10:47 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Ben Myers[_4_]
Intel HD 620 Graphics driver

On Monday, May 28, 2018 at 12:28:53 PM UTC-4, Boris wrote:
Ben Myers wrote in
:

On Saturday, May 26, 2018...
Forum: Dell Computers May 27th 18, 10:53 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Ben Myers[_4_]
Intel HD 620 Graphics driver

On Saturday, May 26, 2018 at 9:06:35 PM UTC-4, Boris wrote:
My Dell Inspiron 15 has an Intel HD Graphics 520 driver, per Device
Manager, that was installed at the factory. It's running Windows...
Forum: Dell Computers January 30th 18, 11:28 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 17
Posted By Ben Myers[_4_]
Precision M6500 - screen shut off

On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 4:15:28 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Saturday, February 13, 2016 at 12:55:39 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I stumbled on this topic while searching...
Forum: Dell Computers January 12th 18, 02:43 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By Ben Myers[_4_]
Latitude RAM?

Yes, 2x2GB is probably the best replacement. Some 4GB DDR2 memory was manufactured toward the end of DDR2 and the beginning of DDR3. Not sure if the E5400 would accept with 2x4GB... Ben Myers

On...
Forum: Dell Computers January 10th 18, 11:59 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Ben Myers[_4_]
Virtual memory explosion

Execute it, follow the mindless instructions and reboot after... Ben Myers

On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 3:28:28 PM UTC-5, Ron Hardin wrote:
Ben Myers wrote:

Yes, that is the Intel...
Forum: Dell Computers January 5th 18, 11:26 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Ben Myers[_4_]
Virtual memory explosion

Yes, that is the Intel graphics driver. But the reason it eats virtual memory is unclear... Ben Myers

On Friday, January 5, 2018 at 1:06:38 PM UTC-5, Ron Hardin wrote:
process igfxsrvc.exe seems...
Forum: Dell Computers December 26th 17, 11:16 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By Ben Myers[_4_]
Inspiron 1200 HD type??

On Monday, December 25, 2017 at 1:21:52 PM UTC-5, Ron Hardin wrote:
I have an Inspiron 1200 that's been my main
computer since new, that's showing signs of
crashes and BSOD's.

What kind...
Forum: Dell Computers December 26th 17, 02:15 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By Ben Myers[_4_]
Inspiron 1200 HD type??

Ron,

Wow! The Inspiron 1200 goes way back. It used older IDE drives, not the newer SATA ones.

One memory slot for DDR. Max memory is 1GB (in the slot) plus 256MB.

You can get much larger IDE...
Forum: Dell Computers December 7th 17, 11:11 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By Ben Myers[_4_]
Swapping a SSD to a new notebook

If you plan on long-term use of the working Vostro 1400, install the drivers, of course.

One does not necessarily have to use a system with the same model to resurrect data, provided one has the...
Forum: Dell Computers December 7th 17, 11:09 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By Ben Myers[_4_]
Swapping a SSD to a new notebook

If you've spent $$$ on expensive software like SolidWorks, AutoCAD, or Adobe CS, change the service tag to match the old system. Not sure what happens if you have Office that was installed at the...
Forum: Dell Computers December 6th 17, 10:46 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By Ben Myers[_4_]
Swapping a SSD to a new notebook

Barring damage to the SSD, the odds of almost everything working as before are near 100%. The only caveat is to pay attention to software that is licensed and for which you have paid good money. ...
Forum: Dell Computers November 9th 17, 05:02 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 19
Posted By Ben Myers[_4_]
Power Supply Failure?

On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 8:57:33 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I think you probably have burnt toast.
I usually bench test the power supply by connecting green to black or what is...
Forum: Dell Computers October 22nd 17, 02:37 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 19
Posted By Ben Myers[_4_]
Power Supply Failure?

Too predictably, the piece of garbage Bestec power supply seems to have taken out the motherboard. This happens all too often. Every time I get a system with a Bestec power supply, I replace it...
Forum: Dell Computers October 19th 17, 02:27 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 19
Posted By Ben Myers[_4_]
Power Supply Failure?

Boris, the power supply is a BESTEC, one of the worst ever. HP and eMachines used them, and some dolt in Dell's purchasing department made the decision to buy them for use in Inspiron 530s and other...
Forum: Dell Computers September 14th 17, 06:27 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By Ben Myers[_4_]
I don't want to be part of all this crap

On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 12:54:37 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I want to delete my account and unsuscribe me please ...One of my family member puy me in this im super ****...
Forum: Dell Computers September 4th 17, 11:11 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Ben Myers[_4_]
Is 32-bit okay for 53bit or not?

On Sunday, August 27, 2017 at 1:34:40 AM UTC-4, micky wrote:
1)Shouldn't I be able to buy an OEM CD (DVD??) that includes all the
drivers for this laptop. It has a DVD drive. The only CDs I've...
Forum: Dell Computers July 5th 17, 10:44 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Ben Myers[_4_]
computer fried--query about restoring on new used computer

If the replacement system has a Windows 7 sticker on it, reactivate with the product key on it.

On Tuesday, July 4, 2017 at 8:16:09 PM UTC-4, MZB wrote:
On 7/4/2017 6:23 PM, Ben Myers wrote:
Forum: Dell Computers July 4th 17, 11:23 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Ben Myers[_4_]
computer fried--query about restoring on new used computer

Yes, Mel, put the hard drive from the fried computer into an identical replacement and the replacement should boot right up. There is an outside chance that the hardware is different despite the...
Forum: Dell Computers June 28th 17, 10:55 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By Ben Myers[_4_]
GAK! Vostro 1400 cooling fan

Ron,

Three comments.

1. Dell has gone to the dark side with the maintainability of its laptops. Downright horrific. Near complete disassembly to replace a hard drive is another one of my Dell...
Forum: Dell Computers May 16th 17, 11:03 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By Ben Myers[_4_]
Need help installing 2nd (non-raid) hdd in a T3600

Not familiar with the T3600 BIOS, but for many BIOSes (especially Dell towers and desktops), one needs to enable a drive connector (e.g. SATA-1) for the system to recognize the drive.

On Tuesday,...
Forum: Dell Computers March 19th 17, 11:27 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Ben Myers[_4_]
Service Tag Original Configuration Doesn't Match Specs in Online Manual

On Saturday, March 18, 2017 at 10:00:04 PM UTC-4, Boris wrote:
I've got an Inspiron 7353 2-in-1 from Best Buy, shipped in June 2016 (to
Best Buy, I guess), and purchased in July 2016. It is a...
Forum: Dell Computers February 24th 17, 11:57 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By Ben Myers[_4_]
Looking for COAST Module

I think all of mine went to an electronics recycler along with other old memory. But I may have overlooked one or two in the mess of older parts. They do make a difference. Also, I once had a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 459