Showing results 1 to 25 of 243
Search took 0.63 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Notan
Forum: Dell Computers December 26th 06, 05:22 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 41
Posted By Notan
Dead hard drives

User wrote:

RnR wrote in message ...
On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 01:53:03 -0500, Barry Watzman

Forum: Dell Computers December 24th 06, 11:57 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 25
Posted By Notan
Recommendations for external HD

Tom Scales wrote:

"Eugene" wrote in message
PaulT wrote:

Any recommendations for a good external HD for...
Forum: Dell Computers December 23rd 06, 12:41 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Notan
Will Dell Still Sell XP after Vista Released?

Nota Clu wrote:

My time frame to upgrade may be February, 2007. I don't want Vista and was
wondering if Dell would preload XP (on request) after Vista is released.

Historically, there's been...
Forum: Dell Computers December 22nd 06, 07:45 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 36
Posted By Notan
Not blinking on $750 rebate

Tom Scales wrote:

That's the problem with taking quotes out of context Irene. It makes them
not make sense.

Out of all the rebates I have EVER done with ANY company, I've had one
Forum: Dell Computers December 22nd 06, 02:43 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 36
Posted By Notan
Not blinking on $750 rebate

Tom Scales wrote:

"Ron Hardin" wrote in message
Tom Scales wrote:
Ah, so you have a statistical study of

Forum: Dell Computers December 22nd 06, 02:14 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 18
Posted By Notan
Sinking, sinking, ...

"J. Brad" wrote:

Christopher Muto wrote:
does anyone actually think resellerratings information is meaningful? it is
a place where unhappy people go to die.
as bad as you think...
Forum: Dell Computers December 21st 06, 05:52 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Notan
Inspiron 6400/E1505 BSOD?

Notan wrote:

Ron Hardin wrote:

My new 6400 got an ``executing data'' exception while installing windows
updates, but no BSOD from that, just a complaint about it.

Restarting...
Forum: Dell Computers December 21st 06, 05:36 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Notan
Inspiron 6400/E1505 BSOD?

Ron Hardin wrote:

My new 6400 got an ``executing data'' exception while installing windows
updates, but no BSOD from that, just a complaint about it.

Restarting the update worked okay.
Forum: Dell Computers December 18th 06, 09:58 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By Notan
UPS Delivery

Christopher Muto wrote:

"Notan" wrote in message
Christopher Muto wrote:

sadly for our economy...
Forum: Dell Computers December 18th 06, 05:08 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By Notan
UPS Delivery

Christopher Muto wrote:

"Notan" wrote in message
Christopher Muto wrote:

sadly for our economy...
Forum: Dell Computers December 18th 06, 04:39 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By Notan
UPS Delivery

Christopher Muto wrote:

sadly for our economy it likely means that business must be slow.

snip

I was not only impressed with the speed with which Dell built and
shipped the computers, but...
Forum: Dell Computers December 17th 06, 07:27 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By Notan
UPS Delivery

Just got a prerecorded message from UPS...

The 2 systems that I ordered (1 on 12/13, the other on 12/14, both with
free 3-5 business day delivery) will be delivered on 12/19.

The message not only...
Forum: Dell Computers December 16th 06, 01:36 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By Notan
OT--True Image -- 10.0 vs. 9.0--size of CD B/U

MZB wrote:

I am thinking of purchasing True Image B/U s-ware. I'm looking on EBAY and
see some good prices:

$35 for 10.0 and $25 for 9.0. It looks like 10.0 does a lot more.

One...
Forum: Dell Computers December 16th 06, 01:17 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

MZB wrote:

I am thinking of purchasing True Image B/U s-ware. I'm looking on EBAY and
see some good prices:

$35 for 10.0 and $25 for 9.0. It looks like 10.0 does a lot more.

An full...
Forum: Dell Computers December 15th 06, 08:53 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Notan
Can I use my sister CD to install the Windows XP?!

wrote:

Hii..

I bought my Dell without Windows XP CD now I need to do format can I
use my sister laptop's CD to format my laptop ( my sis laptop is
Toshipa) but what can...
Forum: Dell Computers December 15th 06, 08:01 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 117
Posted By Notan
DELL finally has a deal!!!!! (Yes, a BAD deal)

Tom Lake wrote:

"Christopher Muto" wrote in message
perhaps it is one of the largest causes of *accidental* death... and
lumped...
Forum: Dell Computers December 15th 06, 06:26 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 24
Posted By Notan
Dell's "next day support" fraud

alexD wrote:

Dell support sucks!
I believe that Dell defraud customers by advertising "next day
support" service. It is newer next day. I am considering class action
against Dell. If you...
Forum: Dell Computers December 14th 06, 08:25 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By Notan
how to backup/image a systaem wiith raid controller

Barry Watzman wrote:

"Imaging a RAID1 system is no different than imaging a non-RAID1
system."

True, but the image is useless unless you can restore it. So the
imaging software...
Forum: Dell Computers December 14th 06, 07:37 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By Notan
how to backup/image a systaem wiith raid controller

Didier wrote:

hi,

i have to set up 4 systems for our video-editing departement. the 4
systems have the same hadrware (dell précision 380) vith a raid
comtroller. i made my first system...
Forum: Dell Computers December 14th 06, 06:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 50
Posted By Notan
3.5 inch floppy drive obsolete or unobtainable?

" wrote:

wrote:
My computer literate friend says that very very soon 3.5 inch floppy
drives will not be an option on new desktop PC's. That a...
Forum: Dell Computers December 12th 06, 06:36 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 28
Posted By Notan
McAfee suite removal from new Dell

Les Hemmings wrote:

Les Hemmings wrote:
It's insidious! Seems no way to get the thing to uninstall. Not even
in add/remove programs.

All I can think of is msconfig and turn it...
Forum: Dell Computers December 12th 06, 06:14 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 117
Posted By Notan
DELL finally has a deal!!!!! (Yes, a BAD deal)

BillW50 wrote:

"journey" wrote in message

On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 13:20:54 -0600, "BillW50" wrote:

Forum: Dell Computers December 12th 06, 12:37 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By Notan
19" Monitor

Christopher Muto wrote:

the fp is little more streamlined overall but mostly in the support. check
them out by scrolling up/down in these two documents:
Forum: Dell Computers December 12th 06, 12:00 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By Notan
19" Monitor

Anyone know the difference between a 1907FP and a 1907FPV?

Thanks!

Notan
Forum: Dell Computers December 11th 06, 10:59 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Notan
E1505 vs. i6400

"S.Lewis" wrote: