Showing results 1 to 25 of 65
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ***** charles
Forum: Compaq Computers February 8th 07, 11:15 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Replies: 1
Posted By ***** charles
SR1603WM won't boot?

Hi all,

I just got a hold of a Presario SR1603WM computer.
It as a Sempron 3200 in it with one stick of 512M ram.
When I first got it I determined that the power supply
was bad so I got a new one. ...
Forum: Compaq Servers January 19th 07, 06:10 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 2
Posted By ***** charles
Adding hd space to a PL3000?

Hi all,

I am trying to set up an addon pci ide card in a
proliant 3000. If I install it with a couple of 250G
ide drives and leave the scsi drives unplugged during
install, then it only boots to...
Forum: Intel December 16th 06, 03:09 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 6
Posted By ***** charles
Can't see ide drive when added? - final story

"CJT" wrote in message
***** charles wrote:

"Jeff Gaines" wrote in message
Forum: Intel December 9th 06, 05:20 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 6
Posted By ***** charles
Can't see ide drive when added?

"Jeff Gaines" wrote in message
On 09/12/2006 in message
***** charles...
Forum: Intel December 9th 06, 04:23 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 6
Posted By ***** charles
Can't see ide drive when added?

Hi all,

I have a D865PERL non raid motherboard. I installed XPH
on it just fine on a SATA drive. Now I want to add an IDE
hard drive. I made it master and booted uip XP but XP
doesn't see it. ...
Forum: Printers December 4th 06, 07:07 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 17
Posted By ***** charles
Printing to a net printer?

The NT driver does have the configuration program in it.
It does work with W2KPro. The rest should be easy.
Thanks to all.

later,
charles.....
Forum: Printers December 3rd 06, 09:35 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 17
Posted By ***** charles
Printing to a net printer?

"Warren Block" wrote in message
***** charles wrote:

That's what is making it so difficult,...
Forum: Printers December 3rd 06, 04:38 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 17
Posted By ***** charles
Printing to a net printer?

"jasee" wrote in message
***** charles wrote:
"jasee" wrote in message
Forum: Printers December 3rd 06, 03:55 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 17
Posted By ***** charles
Printing to a net printer?

"jasee" wrote in message
***** charles wrote:
Thanks for the post. The configuration is Windows 2000 Pro machine
connected...
Forum: Printers December 3rd 06, 03:26 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 17
Posted By ***** charles
Printing to a net printer?

Thanks for the post. The configuration is Windows 2000 Pro machine
connected to a Linksys WRT54G with ethernet cable and an Apple
Laserwriter 16/600 PS connected to the WRT54G with an ethernet
cable...
Forum: Printers December 3rd 06, 03:21 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 17
Posted By ***** charles
Printing to a net printer?

Well I finally got the two pages to print that I needed. I usually leave
the printer turned on all the time but this morning I decided to turn it
off for several hours. That allowed it to print...
Forum: Printers December 3rd 06, 08:12 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 17
Posted By ***** charles
Printing to a net printer?

Thanks for the links. Some I had already seen. None say how to get
the IP address of the printer. Chicken and egg problem - you have
to know the ip to manage the ip. I have no MacIntosh computers...
Forum: Printers December 3rd 06, 03:27 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 17
Posted By ***** charles
Printing to a net printer?

Hi all,

I have a Laserwriter 16/600PS that is connected to my lan
with ethernet. I also have a Windows 2000 Pro machine
that I have to get to print to this thing. How do I determine
the IP address...
Forum: Intel November 29th 06, 04:37 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 0
Posted By ***** charles
What's a Dell Dimension 3250 Itanium 2 server worth now a days?

Hi all,

Been thinking about getting a used Itanium 2 computer to play with.
Have seen some on eBay but I was wondering what a good price
range might be so I don't get burned?

thanks,
charles....
Forum: Intel November 28th 06, 04:16 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 20
Posted By ***** charles
Itanium question.

"Benjamin Gawert" wrote in message
* Rick Jones:

I was never certain if all those merced-based systems were
sufficiently...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors November 27th 06, 07:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 4
Posted By ***** charles
Motherboard recommendation?

"BC" wrote in message

thanks for the feedback.

the program in question is Poser 7. it is supposed to handle
up to 4...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors November 27th 06, 07:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 7
Posted By ***** charles
Second internal HD not detected

I guess I forgot to mention to run the diagnostic program
from the company that manufactured the hard drive in
the first place.

later......

"Ritter197" wrote in...
Forum: Intel November 24th 06, 04:47 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 20
Posted By ***** charles
Itanium question.

"Benjamin Gawert" wrote in message
* ***** charles:

This was the closest newsgroup I could find so here goes.

The current...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors November 24th 06, 04:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 7
Posted By ***** charles
Second internal HD not detected

"***** charles" wrote in message
"Ritter197" wrote in message
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors November 23rd 06, 11:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 7
Posted By ***** charles
Second internal HD not detected

"Ritter197" wrote in message
I have tried 2 different harddisk, connected them with a 80 type cable,
(the
disk runs when I turn on...
Forum: Intel November 22nd 06, 06:04 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 20
Posted By ***** charles
Itanium question.

Hi all,

This was the closest newsgroup I could find so here goes.

The current cpu's in an IBM Intelistation Z 6894-1RZ are
first gen 800 MYz ones. What is the fastest version of the
Itanium can...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors November 21st 06, 09:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 4
Posted By ***** charles
Motherboard recommendation?

"BC" wrote in message
***** charles wrote:
Hi all,

I would like to build a computer with two AMD Opterons 2216's.
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors November 20th 06, 11:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 4
Posted By ***** charles
Motherboard recommendation?

Hi all,

I would like to build a computer with two AMD Opterons 2216's.
Which motherboard would you recommand?

thanks,
charles......
Forum: General November 18th 06, 03:07 PM Posted to comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 17
Posted By ***** charles
Dual Core chips??

"Neil Jones" wrote in message
Hello,

I am seeing a lot of marketing of Dual Core systems. As you have
guessed, I am...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors November 17th 06, 07:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 0
Posted By ***** charles
Info on Tyan S2915?

Hi all,

I am planning to get a new motherboard, a Tyan S2915.
I am hoping for some feedback from anyone who has
bought/used one. I plan to put a pair of 2216's in it
and use it for video rendering,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 65