Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: philo
Forum: General July 11th 19, 02:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By philo
Hard drive experiments

On 7/10/19 9:54 AM, John McGaw wrote:
On 7/10/2019 10:22 AM, philo wrote:
On 7/8/2019 9:25 PM, Paul wrote:
philo wrote:
Now that I'm an old retired guy I am finally getting around to...
Forum: General July 10th 19, 03:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By philo
Hard drive experiments

On 7/8/2019 9:25 PM, Paul wrote:
philo wrote:
Now that I'm an old retired guy I am finally getting around to doing a
few things I've always wanted to try concerning hard drives.

I...
Forum: General July 9th 19, 02:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By philo
Hard drive experiments

Now that I'm an old retired guy I am finally getting around to doing a
few things I've always wanted to try concerning hard drives.

I mentioned in another thread that I had two drives taken out by...
Forum: General July 2nd 19, 06:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 20
Posted By philo
Cables Reproducing?

On 7/2/19 8:42 AM, John McGaw wrote:
It has to be that these things are breeding. There used to be a joking
theory that wire coat hangers were reproducing and trying to take over
the world...
Forum: General July 2nd 19, 02:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By philo
PSU ?

On 7/1/19 10:38 AM, John McGaw wrote:
On 7/1/2019 11:20 AM, philo wrote:
On 7/1/19 9:59 AM, John McGaw wrote:
On 6/30/2019 7:00 PM, philo wrote:
On 6/30/19 9:29 AM, John McGaw...
Forum: General July 2nd 19, 02:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By philo
PSU ?

On 7/1/19 12:26 PM, Paul wrote:
philo wrote:
On 7/1/19 9:59 AM, John McGaw wrote:
On 6/30/2019 7:00 PM, philo wrote:
On 6/30/19 9:29 AM, John McGaw wrote:
On 6/26/2019 9:27 AM,...
Forum: General July 1st 19, 04:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By philo
PSU ?

On 7/1/19 9:59 AM, John McGaw wrote:
On 6/30/2019 7:00 PM, philo wrote:
On 6/30/19 9:29 AM, John McGaw wrote:
On 6/26/2019 9:27 AM, philo wrote:
I've repaired thousands of machines and...
Forum: General July 1st 19, 12:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By philo
PSU ?

On 6/30/19 9:29 AM, John McGaw wrote:
On 6/26/2019 9:27 AM, philo wrote:
I've repaired thousands of machines and once in a while have seen a
failed power supply take out a motherboard.

Forum: General June 26th 19, 09:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By philo
PSU ?

On 6/26/19 12:16 PM, Paul wrote:
philo wrote:
I've repaired thousands of machines and once in a while have seen a
failed power supply take out a motherboard.

Only once though have I...
Forum: General June 26th 19, 09:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By philo
PSU ?

On 6/26/19 12:06 PM, David W. Hodgins wrote:
On Wed, 26 Jun 2019 09:27:25 -0400, philo wrote:

Does any manufacturer have a supply with fully surge-protected OUTPUT?
I...
Forum: General June 26th 19, 02:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By philo
PSU ?

I've repaired thousands of machines and once in a while have seen a
failed power supply take out a motherboard.

Only once though have I seen the hard drives taken out.

It was with a good quality...
Forum: General April 20th 19, 06:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By philo
USB file copy problem

Just remembered that I did update the OS yesterday.

The latest version avail for my phone is 8.0

I had been running 7.1

Maybe there was some bug that was corrected?
Forum: General April 20th 19, 06:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By philo
USB file copy problem

On 4/19/19 8:30 PM, philo wrote:

snip
independent of the lazy ways of MTP protocol.
A separate factor in terms of potential issues.

https://www.uwe-sieber.de/usbtreeview_e.html
Forum: General April 20th 19, 02:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By philo
USB file copy problem

On 4/19/19 7:49 PM, Paul wrote:
philo wrote:
I have not posted here in ages as all has been going very well. Now I
finally have a question.

I have an Android phone LG-6 that I back...
Forum: General April 19th 19, 11:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By philo
USB file copy problem

I have not posted here in ages as all has been going very well. Now I
finally have a question.

I have an Android phone LG-6 that I back up to my main computer on
occasion. The file copy is...
Forum: General October 1st 18, 02:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By philo
Bluetooth Receiver/Transmitter

On 09/27/2018 12:34 PM, tb wrote:
I'm technologically challenged, so...

I have a Bluetooth headset but my PC does not have Bluetooth
capability. So I would like to purchase some sort of...
Forum: General August 31st 18, 12:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By philo
AT&T Broadband ? Resolved

On 08/30/2018 07:54 PM, John McGaw wrote:
On 8/30/2018 8:44 PM, philo wrote:
On 08/25/2018 05:59 AM, philo wrote:
My service went out and AT&T ran a diagnostic and said my router went
Forum: General August 31st 18, 01:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By philo
AT&T Broadband ? Resolved

On 08/25/2018 05:59 AM, philo wrote:
My service went out and AT&T ran a diagnostic and said my router went
out and they would send a new one. While waiting I decided to try my
router at a...
Forum: General August 26th 18, 04:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By philo
AT&T Broadband ?

On 8/25/2018 10:50 AM, Paul wrote:
philo wrote:ice b
That article was written in the year 2000.

I no longer have a "convenient" access point, to take
a reading off the line hot. The...
Forum: General August 25th 18, 02:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By philo
AT&T Broadband ?

On 8/25/2018 8:06 AM, Paul wrote:
philo wrote:
My service went out and AT&T ran a diagnostic and said my router went
out and they would send a new one. While waiting I decided to try my
Forum: General August 25th 18, 02:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By philo
AT&T Broadband ?

On 8/25/2018 7:10 AM, Mike S wrote:

Fortunately I can tether my machine to my smartphone to post this.

Do you have phone service on that phone line? If not it may be a 'dry
loop', in...
Forum: General August 25th 18, 11:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By philo
AT&T Broadband ?

My service went out and AT&T ran a diagnostic and said my router went
out and they would send a new one. While waiting I decided to try my
router at a neighbor's house who also has AT&T broadband...
Forum: General July 15th 18, 02:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By philo
Need MOBO wiring intructions

On 07/14/2018 03:21 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 09:04:41 -0500, philo wrote:

On 07/12/2018 04:27 AM, wrote:
Need wiring...
Forum: General July 13th 18, 03:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By philo
Need MOBO wiring intructions

On 07/12/2018 04:27 AM, wrote:
Need wiring instructions to connect up a motherboard to a desktop PC.
I was hoping to find same for a generic board. I can't find same for
mine....
Forum: General February 22nd 18, 02:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By philo
UPS ?

On 02/21/2018 04:46 PM, Paul wrote:

snipped for brevity

My tester gives an over-all fault (red) for those supplies but all
other green lights are lit up but one.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500

Forum Jump