Showing results 1 to 25 of 57
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: GlowingBlueMist[_9_]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 12th 21, 02:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Hell with platters

I'm not sure if I'm ready to get rid of all my platters yet.

With no platters I'd have no where to serve the cheese bits. They go so
well with the retractable coffee cup holder on the front of my...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 22nd 20, 04:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
WDMyStore device not seen as network drive on Win 8.1

On 12/21/2020 6:56 PM, Bob F wrote:
I use my 4TB older WDMyCloud drive as network storage. It works great on
my Win 7, XP, Vista PC's, but I cannot get it to work reliably on the 2
8.1 PC's I...
Forum: General September 18th 20, 07:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.microsoft.windows,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Windows 10 v2004 update repeatedly fails to update non existentkeyboard but keeps trying forever (how to stop that nonsense?)

On 9/18/2020 2:16 AM, Arlen Holder wrote:
Windows 10 v2004 update fails to update non existent keyboard
o But keeps trying forever (failing constantly)

Any idea how to stop Windows 10 from...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 16th 20, 12:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
pr problem

On 9/15/2020 3:18 PM, VanguardLH wrote:
Paul wrote:

Yes wrote:

Within the last few weeks, the screen will go blank literally for a
second or two when I'm...
Forum: Printers October 27th 19, 04:40 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
HP Officejet 5740

On 10/26/2019 10:38 PM, GlowingBlueMist wrote:
On 10/26/2019 8:36 AM, knuttle wrote:
HP Officejet 5740 e-All-in-One Printer
TH51L331HB
B9S76A

I have had this printer for several...
Forum: Printers October 27th 19, 04:38 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
HP Officejet 5740

On 10/26/2019 8:36 AM, knuttle wrote:
HP Officejet 5740 e-All-in-One Printer
TH51L331HB
B9S76A

I have had this printer for several years, and print wise work quite
well.Â*Â* However...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 23rd 19, 03:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Win XP quits loading (Finally forced me to get a new box)

On 8/22/2019 7:19 PM, pheasant16 wrote:
Puts the desktop picture up, but loads no icons and won't connect to
network.Â* Boots into safe mode just fine.

Still have the original retail XP...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 24th 19, 04:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Danger Will Rogers: UDMA Drive Cheksum S.M.A.R.T. Talking

On 4/24/2019 7:51 AM, Flasherly wrote:
On Wed, 24 Apr 2019 06:34:51 -0500, GlowingBlueMist
wrote:

Depending on the age of the motherboard the SATA sockets may...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 24th 19, 12:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Danger Will Rogers: UDMA Drive Cheksum S.M.A.R.T. Talking

On 4/23/2019 6:02 PM, Flasherly wrote:
On Tue, 23 Apr 2019 18:07:46 -0300, Shadow wrote:

Cables are the new *bad guys*. I've changed mine at least six
times in the last year or...
Forum: Printers April 16th 19, 08:23 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
HP CP1525nw on a Mac running 10.14..5

On 4/15/2019 8:47 AM, DManzaluni wrote:
thank you, that did it!

Nice to hear your problem has been taken care of.
Forum: Printers April 14th 19, 08:14 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 3
HP CP1525nw on a Mac running 10.14..5

On 4/14/2019 5:31 AM, DManzaluni wrote:
Has anyone managed to get this printer working consistently please?

My printer stopped working in 10.14.4 latterly but when I installed 5, suddenly it...
Forum: Printers April 9th 19, 06:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 23
What's the oldest printer you still use these days?

On 4/8/2019 6:10 PM, Ant wrote:
In alt.comp.periphs.printers GlowingBlueMist wrote:
On 4/8/2019 3:22 PM, Ant wrote:
My colony still uses a HP LaserJet 6P...
Forum: Printers April 8th 19, 11:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,comp.periphs.printer,comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 23
What's the oldest printer you still use these days?

On 4/8/2019 3:22 PM, Ant wrote:
My colony still uses a HP LaserJet 6P connected to a 2008 15" MacBook
Pro with parallel - USB adapter. I had to install Gutenprint's printer
drivers in Mac OS X...
Forum: Printers January 16th 19, 10:51 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
OT Uses for old dot matrix ink jet printer paper

On 1/16/2019 2:47 PM, Eli the Bearded wrote:
In comp.periphs.printers, KenK wrote:
I have three full boxes of old printer paper whch I hate to throw away but
can't...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 31st 18, 02:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Power Button Problems

On 7/30/2018 5:53 PM, wrote:
I have an Optiplex 360 that I cannot turn on because of a faulty power button.

I have no idea how to repair this since I cannot get to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 10th 18, 05:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
PC with multiple organ failures

On 6/10/2018 10:25 AM, Flasherly wrote:
On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 05:33:04 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I was asked to check out a PC that wouldn't boot. It powered itself off
after a...
Forum: Printers April 30th 18, 03:25 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Any compatible cartridges for the Canon Pixma TS8150 printer?

On 4/29/2018 5:06 PM, Brian wrote:
Canon Pixma TS8150
Try a google search like "UK compatible ink Canon Pixma TS8150" minus
the quotes...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 29th 18, 05:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
troubleshootting question about keyboard

On 3/28/2018 11:23 PM, Yes wrote:
I have a MS ergonomic keyboard (PS/2) I've been using for quite a few
years now. Until a few days ago, it worked as expected. However, now
the OS (Win 8.1...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 19th 17, 11:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Cisco-Linksys (lack of important details)

On 3/19/2017 6:30 AM, wrote:
I have a Linksys network switch, but lost the power supply.
I have a box of 12 V DC power supplies, hoping one would fit, but on
the body of the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 4th 17, 10:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 24
Problem moving Windows 10 to upgraded system

On 3/4/2017 1:51 PM, Larc wrote:
On Sat, 4 Mar 2017 02:51:28 -0600, GlowingBlueMist
wrote:

| I know your system is up to date as far as Microsoft is concerned...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 4th 17, 09:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 24
Problem moving Windows 10 to upgraded system

On 3/3/2017 11:41 PM, Larc wrote:
On Sat, 4 Mar 2017 03:52:58 +0800, "Mr. Man-wai Chang"
wrote:

| On 4/03/2017 3:13 AM, Larc wrote:
| I just upgraded the...
Forum: General February 10th 17, 01:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 19
MS Mouse Replacement

On 2/9/2017 1:44 PM, SC Tom wrote:

"John McGaw" wrote in message
On 2/9/2017 12:18 PM, Bill wrote:
SC Tom wrote:
I have a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 10th 17, 01:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 25
MS Mouse Replacement

On 2/9/2017 1:44 PM, SC Tom wrote:

"John McGaw" wrote in message
On 2/9/2017 12:18 PM, Bill wrote:
SC Tom wrote:
I have a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 30th 17, 04:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Probably off topic: How do I find out which Microsoft Office 2016license is in use on which machine?

On 1/30/2017 7:17 AM, Mark F wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 22:23:26 -0600, GlowingBlueMist
wrote in part:
You might want to run the free copy of Belarc Advisor on...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 29th 17, 05:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Probably off topic: How do I find out which Microsoft Office 2016license is in use on which machine?

On 1/28/2017 7:32 PM, Mark F wrote:
Probably off topic, but I can't find an active USENET group for
Microsoft licensing: