Showing results 1 to 25 of 37
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 5th 09, 07:35 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.windows.server.general
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
Workgroup Backup - What Media?

With a shared USB drive, or a cheap low-end NAS like the Linksys NAS200 all
the machines can easily push their backup to the storage device
independently with their own copy of NTBackup on...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 5th 09, 07:30 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.windows.server.general
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
Workgroup Backup - What Media?

On Mar 6, 6:16*am, "Phillip Windell" wrote:
"Leythos" wrote in message

But it is still a workgroup. *Nothing is centralized. *He either needs...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 5th 09, 07:02 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.windows.server.general
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
Workgroup Backup - What Media?

On Mar 5, 11:04*am, "Phillip Windell" wrote:
wrote in message

On Mar...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 5th 09, 06:57 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.windows.server.general
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
Workgroup Backup - What Media?

On Mar 6, 4:16*am, Chris Barnes wrote:
Phillip Windell wrote:
I am thinking about backing up our 7 PC workgroup. We dont have a
server or a domain controller, but...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 4th 09, 08:12 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.windows.server.general
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
Workgroup Backup - What Media?

On Mar 5, 8:38*am, "Phillip Windell" wrote:
wrote in message

Hi...
Forum: Storage (alternative) March 4th 09, 06:24 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,microsoft.public.windows.server.general
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
Workgroup Backup - What Media?

Hi Guys,

I am thinking about backing up our 7 PC workgroup. We dont have a
server or a domain controller, but we do have a spare PC which can
host the backup device.

I think at this stage it would...
Forum: Overclocking January 31st 09, 11:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Overclock : AMD Athlon 64 3500+

On Feb 1, 12:23*pm, wrote:
Hi Guys,

I cant afford a new PC right now so its time to give OC ing a go.

I have a :

1. AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Clawhammer

Core Speed:...
Forum: Overclocking January 31st 09, 11:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Overclock : AMD Athlon 64 3500+

Hi Guys,

I cant afford a new PC right now so its time to give OC ing a go.

I have a :

1. AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Clawhammer

Core Speed: 2266.2 Mhz
Multiplier : x11
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 1st 08, 05:18 PM Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Very strange harddisk problem

amsung drive and its mechanical activity that gives the variable
results.

5. Plug in a brand new Seagate SATA to the HP PC, using the new
Enermax in the HP for both data and power, and...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 29th 08, 07:51 PM Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Very strange harddisk problem

On Nov 29, 9:09*am, Jesco Lincke wrote:
schrieb:

Hi guys,

This is a weird problem to do with a harddisk and its powering. Here
is what has...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 29th 08, 07:50 PM Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Very strange harddisk problem

On Nov 29, 3:10*pm, "Nelson Ogden" nelsonogden-remove-this-to-
wrote:
Are you connecting the problem hard drive with the four pin Molex power
connector or the thin SATA...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 29th 08, 07:49 PM Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Very strange harddisk problem

Sounds very much like a faulty power connector. Rare, but it
happens.

Arno

I tried two different Power Supplies......same prob on both! In fact
make it 3 PSU's cause I also tried plugging...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 29th 08, 07:47 PM Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Very strange harddisk problem

On Nov 29, 10:38*am, "PeeCee" wrote:
wrote in message

Hi guys,

Forum: Storage (alternative) November 28th 08, 07:50 PM Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.computer,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Very strange harddisk problem

Hi guys,

This is a weird problem to do with a harddisk and its powering. Here
is what has happened, and what I have done.

1. Friend brought HP PC over, not power, so replaced the 300W PSU with
a...
Forum: General March 1st 08, 03:38 AM Posted to comp.sys.hp.hardware,24hoursupport.helpdesk,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
ZD8000 Laptop temperatures

Hi Guys,

I have here a HP ZD8000 (ZD8202AP) laptop.

The processor is a Prescott Pentium 4 3.2Ghz LGA775, Processor Number
640. ( Intel Specs here...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 22nd 08, 06:27 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Norton Ghost 12 - v2i and sv2i files query

HI Folks,

I have been using Norton Ghost for sometime now to clone disks and are
really impressed with its ability to clone/image disks that have some
fairly serious errors (whereas the likes of...
Forum: Printers December 9th 07, 09:34 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Inkjet printing problem - suggestions?

On Dec 9, 5:33 pm, Tony wrote:
The scan looks like a cartridge failure, it has absolutely nothing whatsoever
to do with the ink. This is caused by an aging print...
Forum: Printers December 9th 07, 01:56 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Inkjet printing problem - suggestions?

Hi Guys,

Got a Canon MP-130, and are getting strange results:

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/9694/imgaq4.jpg

Now, I have recently installed a refilled cartridge, but done several
prints with the...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 26th 07, 01:57 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage, it.comp.hardware.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
2.5" Toshiba MK8025GAS Circuit board

Hi Folks,

I have one of the above drives on which I think the circuit board is
fried.

Does anyone have, or know where I might get a second hand circuit
board to fix it? I dont really want to spend...
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 4th 07, 09:40 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Harddrive noise - any ideas?

On Sep 4, 7:12 pm, Jim Michaels
wrote:
Arno Wagner wrote:
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have a rather...
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 3rd 07, 10:55 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Harddrive noise - any ideas?

On Sep 4, 9:43 am, Arno Wagner wrote:
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage wrote:
Hi Guys,
I have a rather old Western Digital 20Gig IDE HDD here. The...
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 3rd 07, 09:19 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Harddrive noise - any ideas?

Hi Guys,

I have a rather old Western Digital 20Gig IDE HDD here. The user
states it started making a noise and of course the computer now wont
boot.

I plugged the drive into my PC, and it does not...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 22nd 07, 07:39 PM Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,nz.comp,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk\x

On Jul 22, 9:59 pm, "Craig Sutton" wrote:
wrote in message

Hi Guys,

I help...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 22nd 07, 04:07 AM Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,nz.comp,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk\x

Those are all options, though in the past when I have put harddisks
with bad SMART reports into my PC, my BIOS alerts me. I put both those
HDD's in my PC, and got no SMART warnings....

The plot...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 22nd 07, 03:01 AM Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,nz.comp,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk\x

Sorry it should be device not driver detected a controller error
Showing results 1 to 25 of 37