HardwareBanter

-   -   DVD plaback not working - must disable TV out ! (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=50111)

Jay August 8th 03 12:21 AM

DVD plaback not working - must disable TV out !

Hi

I have a geforce 2 MX 400 card. I recently installed a DVDROM and when I
play certain DVD's it asks me to disable my TV out ( as the dvd's are
copywrited ) before allowing these DVD's to be played back. I cannot find
anywhere in the drivers options to disable the tv out. I have gone back to
the 30.82 drivers before nview2 and these allow me to playback any dvd's BUT
this means I cannot put the latest drivers on ( I'm using XP ). I do not
even have a tv attached. So is this a NVIEW problem or just the drivers ?

Does anyone know how to disable the tv out ! so I can install the latest
drivers !!!

Thanks

Jason

Biz August 8th 03 03:25 AM

WIth that card and tv-out chipset, you will need to stay with 40.72 or earlier to avoid these
problems. Besides, NONE of the newer drivers offer ANY performance or functionality enhancements
for a GF2 MX.
--
Biz

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand
alloys and compositions and,......things with molecular structures,....and
the....." - Ash

sbs August 16th 03 04:39 AM

Here's a question: I just got a new 5600 card today. I like it. I put
it out to TV and it will not play any of my videos, mpg's and avi's. I
am sure that it is the copyright issue and I tried to roll back to the
4072. My card was not made when 4072 was made.

Any way out?

I can play one avi off my still camera. I cannot play one that was
captured with Pinnacle 8.

Thanks