HardwareBanter

-   -   Wow. Video playback that will drag (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=49697)

i'm_tired July 13th 03 10:22 AM

Wow. Video playback that will drag

....that will drag a 1Ghz CPU with 64 megs of video to its knees.

http://windowsmedia.com/9series/Demo...p=VideoQuality

or http://makeashorterlink.com/?A58C22F35

Check out the T-2 1080p vid. And note the suggested system requirements.
My 1Ghz PIIIs can't muster enough power to play any of he videos on that
page. My XP-2800 and XP-2100 with GeForce 4s (one TI-4200 64 meg and one
TI-4400) play them all smooth as butter, but even my 1.4 Ghz T-Bird with a
GeForce 2 ultra finds a spot or two to choke in the T-2 1080p video.

B July 13th 03 03:50 PM

Video is constantly being updated and improved. That is one reason two weeks
ago I updated my processor. motherboard, and video card. I'm not going to
spend anymore money on improvements until the Athlon 64 comes out.

regards