HardwareBanter

-   -   BFG 7800GT OC using HDTV output (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=119005)

February 2nd 06 05:20 PM

BFG 7800GT OC using HDTV output

Hi,

I am thinking about building a new system around an AMD 64X2 and using a BFG
7800GT OC video card. I plan to connect it to my 65" Mitsubishi HDTV as the
only monitor using the HDTV output on the video card. I suspect this will
be great for games but I am wondering if the text quality will be good
enough on the HDTV to use if for web surfing, e-mail, etc. I plan on using
a wireless keyboard and mouse and will be about 10' away from the screen.
Has anybody done anything like this? If so, how is the text quality?

Thanks,

John