HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Compaq Armada 7800 Info Please (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=58171)

Seinman October 11th 03 07:43 PM

Compaq Armada 7800 Info Please

I just bought a used 7800. I have 2 questions:

1.There are 2 volume control keys above the power switch on the chassis. How
are they controlled? Is it software? I cannot find software on the HP/Compaq
site that controls them, and they do not appear to adjust the volume.

2. It has an internal modem but no RJ11 port. Does this model have a
proprietary cable?

TIA

Seinman October 16th 03 07:50 PM

"Seinman" wrote in message
I just bought a used 7800. I have 2 questions:

1.There are 2 volume control keys above the power switch on the chassis.

How
are they controlled? Is it software? I cannot find software on the

HP/Compaq
site that controls them, and they do not appear to adjust the volume.

2. It has an internal modem but no RJ11 port. Does this model have a
proprietary cable?

TIA

Nobody own/owned one of these?

BRG October 16th 03 10:49 PM

"Seinman" wrote in
:

"Seinman" wrote in message
I just bought a used 7800. I have 2 questions:

1.There are 2 volume control keys above the power switch on the
chassis.

How
are they controlled? Is it software? I cannot find software on
the

HP/Compaq
site that controls them, and they do not appear to adjust the
volume.

2. It has an internal modem but no RJ11 port. Does this model
have a proprietary cable?

TIA

Nobody own/owned one of these?

Why not RTFM?

....which is readily available via this site:
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

Select "See support and troubleshooting information"
Type Armada 7800 in the box
Click the button
On the next page select the model from the list

--
BRG
===

Seinman October 16th 03 11:57 PM

Why not RTFM?

Is it necessary to be abusive? I have read the manual, the answer is not in
it. Maybe you should read it.

David October 17th 03 12:43 AM

Because it is easier for him to pick his ass waiting for everyone else
to do his research

On 16 Oct 2003 21:49:26 GMT, BRG
wrote:

"Seinman" wrote in
:

Seinman October 17th 03 01:31 AM

Because it is easier for him to pick his ass waiting for everyone else
to do his research

Excuse me, I have done numerous amounts of research on this without an
answer. This is a question that seems can only be answered by personal
experience. ie. someone who owns this model with the factory settings.

Why not contribute something useful instead of making incorrect assertions?

BRG October 17th 03 10:22 AM

"Seinman" wrote in
:

Why not RTFM?

Is it necessary to be abusive?

I wasn't. Maybe you are being over-sensitive?

I have read the manual, the
answer is not in it. Maybe you should read it.

It's your problem not mine. I pointed you to a source of
information, but it's down to you to Read The Fine Manual.

Suggest you try asking in the relevant forum for Armadas at HP's
site as well.

--
BRG
===

Seinman October 17th 03 11:16 AM

Why not RTFM?

Is it necessary to be abusive?

I wasn't. Maybe you are being over-sensitive?

Actually the manual is not even on HP's site, what I have read is the
service manual which is there. I understand what you are saying, but what
does the "F" mean in "RTFM"?

BRG October 17th 03 11:48 AM

"Seinman" wrote in
:

Why not RTFM?

Is it necessary to be abusive?

I wasn't. Maybe you are being over-sensitive?

Actually the manual is not even on HP's site, what I have read
is the service manual which is there. I understand what you are
saying, but what does the "F" mean in "RTFM"?

Re-read my previous response.

--
BRG
===

Seinman October 17th 03 12:18 PM

Re-read my previous response.

Well if the "F" stands for fine, then I apologise, I was being
over-sensitive.