HardwareBanter

-   Compaq Computers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Compaq 68 pin ide connector (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=57954)

kelswood August 18th 03 04:43 AM

Compaq 68 pin ide connector

Hi,
can anyone tell me the pinout for this cd-rom connector. I can't
find the info anywhere.
Thanks

Rick August 18th 03 07:22 AM

"kelswood" wrote in message m...
Hi,
can anyone tell me the pinout for this cd-rom connector. I can't
find the info anywhere.
Thanks

If it's really 68 pins, it's WideSCSI not IDE.

Rick

kelswood August 19th 03 12:34 AM

Hi,
thanks for the reply. The connector is not like a Wide SCSI. Its
actually on a slim CD from an Armada Laptop and has a Mylar pcb to
take the connections down to a miniature 40 pin connector. If you
search on the web for "compaq 68 pin " there are a few clearance
houses selling this type of cd but they don't respond to my queries.
thanks