HardwareBanter

-   Gigabyte Motherboards (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Memory Timing on GA-8ik1100 (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=123432)

[email protected] March 26th 06 07:32 AM

Memory Timing on GA-8ik1100

With an Award bios, where do I go to change the memory timing? Iadded
another gig via two 512meg DIMMs and I have errors. Using memtest86
1.65 when I have just the ONE stick in, it is OK - no errors. With two
of the original sticks in plus the one upgrade - errors.
So I'm guessing the timings have to be "loosened" the only problem is I
don't know where to do that and if its under a different name in the
bios.

[email protected] March 27th 06 03:54 AM

Memory Timing on GA-8ik1100

wrote:
With an Award bios, where do I go to change the memory timing? Iadded
another gig via two 512meg DIMMs and I have errors. Using memtest86
1.65 when I have just the ONE stick in, it is OK - no errors. With two
of the original sticks in plus the one upgrade - errors.
So I'm guessing the timings have to be "loosened" the only problem is I
don't know where to do that and if its under a different name in the
bios.

Bueller? Bueller?
anyone?

Charlie March 27th 06 01:18 PM

Memory Timing on GA-8ik1100

Acurajustin1978,

advanced bios options. You will then have the ability to change the
memory timings.

Good luck.

--

"I can see your point, but I still think you're full of ****."

[email protected] March 28th 06 01:14 AM

Memory Timing on GA-8ik1100

Charlie wrote:
Acurajustin1978,

advanced bios options. You will then have the ability to change the
memory timings.

Good luck.

OK, I''m not seeing it. Here's a pic of what my bios looks like.
http://img60.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img00786ag.jpg

[email protected] March 28th 06 04:55 AM

Memory Timing on GA-8ik1100

old man wrote:
Well thats the bios menu
you've got to select one of the options, for further info check your mobo
book
PS you might have been better advised to select compatible memory
eg www.crucial.com

Right. I know I have to choose an option, but I looked under all of
them and there's nothing to do with "timing" anywhere there. I'm
thinking either there is no option for that or its called something
else.

old man March 28th 06 08:55 AM

Memory Timing on GA-8ik1100

It would be a screen that has CAS / Dram settings, if your bios allows you
to change them

wrote in message
oups.com...