HardwareBanter

-   Printers (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Canon BJC-1000, can I disable the "requires color cartridge" warning message? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=126761)

[email protected] May 11th 06 04:40 AM

Canon BJC-1000, can I disable the "requires color cartridge" warning message?

I just bought a used BJC-1000 printer
Everytime I print, I get the message below.
Unfortunately, I only have a B&W cartridge and don't really need color.
Does anyone know how I can disable this message?
Can't seem to find a setting to disable it, nor is it mentioned in the
manual.
Thanks

Black BJ Cartridge Detected
Job: Untitled
Click OK after replacing cartridge
current print job requires color BJ cartridge
or
CLick Ignore to print with current cartrdige
This may result in unpredictable output

Mary May 11th 06 06:07 AM

Canon BJC-1000, can I disable the "requires color cartridge" warning message?

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just bought a used BJC-1000 printer
Everytime I print, I get the message below.
Unfortunately, I only have a B&W cartridge and don't really need color.
Does anyone know how I can disable this message?
Can't seem to find a setting to disable it, nor is it mentioned in the
manual.
Thanks

Black BJ Cartridge Detected
Job: Untitled
Click OK after replacing cartridge
current print job requires color BJ cartridge
or
CLick Ignore to print with current cartrdige
This may result in unpredictable output

I used to have this printer. If I am remembering correctly, when you click
on "Print" you get a popup box that lets you enter # of copies, etc.. Click
on "Properties" tab, somewhere in there you can choose the cartridge to use.
If you don't do that and you are printing, let's say a document that has
color, it will detect that and you will get the messages you noted. I think
to get it to do what I suggested all the time, you can create a custom
profile and choose it as a default. My memory is a bit fuzzy but check out
all the tabs.