HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Recommendations for online custom congifuration builders?? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=18497)

[email protected] January 3rd 04 01:03 AM

Recommendations for online custom congifuration builders??

A friend of mine has asked me to build a computer for her family.
Because of some time issues, I can't take on the request right now, and
have recommended we take her budget and go to one of several online
custom configuration/builders.

At the moment I'm leaning towards http//:www.mwave.com and
http://neocomputers.com

If anybody has any enthusiastic recommendations for other custom
configurable online sources, I'd be interested in hearing about them.
The family has some pretty well defined user requirements, and I have
better than average knowledge of ability to make smart technical
choices...just no time to devote to the building at this time.

Anyway...your recommendations are solicited (I am looking forward to the
chance to apply somebody else's relatively generous budget to this
task!)

Thanks in advance.

Russell January 3rd 04 04:49 AM

Be sure to check out any prospective online builders at Resellerratings.
Many seasoned online buyers trust their reviews. Mwave currently has a good
9.08 rating with over 1,100 reviews
(http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2089.html). Neocomputers has a less
impressive 6.50 rating with around 35 or so
reviews(http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1292.html.) Other
possibilities might include http://www.kc-computers.com or
http://www.abspc.com, as I've heard good things about them.

I don't know what your budget or component needs are for the system in
question, but I'll go ahead and toot my own horn as well and ask you to
browse my site as well (http://tastycomputers.com.) If you're going for the
inexpensive no-frills basic websurfing and solitaire-playing kind of system,
you should just consider the low-end Dell/Gateway machines, as their massive
inventory of bulk components allow them to sell systems at a really good
price.

Happy hunting!