HardwareBanter

-   Homebuilt PC's (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Problem with new Abit Siluro Geforce FX5600 256. (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=15568)

Carl Greatbatch August 22nd 03 05:14 PM

Problem with new Abit Siluro Geforce FX5600 256.

Just bought the above to replace my ageing Geforce2mx. Seemed to install
OK
but it crashes whenever I try to run anything 3D. Fails last d3d diagnostic
test always, and sometimes all of them. When I put in my old card
everything works fine.

I've tried latest Nvidia drivers as well as the drivers that came with it.
I'm running XP on a 1 Gig Tbird with 256 Meg on a KT7 Abit motherboard.

Any ideas before I send it back as a bad job???

Cheers, Carl.....

Carl Greatbatch August 22nd 03 06:51 PM

"Matt" wrote in message

alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia is probably the best NG for your
question.

Cheers Matt, I've tried that as well to spread my chances of getting help.