HardwareBanter

-   -   6800, 6800 GT, 6800 Ultra - whats the difference? (http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=54732)

3in4 August 4th 04 10:07 PM

6800, 6800 GT, 6800 Ultra - whats the difference?

Ive seen all kinds of 6800 types, whats the difference? I havent seen a major benchmark comparison chart anywhere where it
puts its results vs the top 20 other cards, and besides the mumbo jumbo i can find on nvidias site, whats the diff? What
happened to the good old days when there was one kind of chipset released and not 5 diff versions of the same chip?

Any help is appreciated!

Derek Baker August 4th 04 10:15 PM

3in4 wrote:
Ive seen all kinds of 6800 types, whats the difference? I havent seen
a major benchmark comparison chart anywhere where it puts its results
vs the top 20 other cards, and besides the mumbo jumbo i can find on
nvidias site, whats the diff? What happened to the good old days when
there was one kind of chipset released and not 5 diff versions of the
same chip?

Any help is appreciated!

http://www.beyond3d.com/misc/chipcom...order=DESC&n=0

Click on the board names for more details.

--
Derek

Wayne Rasmussen August 5th 04 10:37 PM

http://pcvsconsole.com/features/video/